GUILTY UK - Rebecca Thompson, 11, strangled in her bed, Bushey, Herts, 21 June 2013

Perodicticus potto

Former Member
Reaction score
Very disturbing story. I live about 10 minutes' drive from Bushey.

From The Independent:

The father of an 11-year-old girl found dead over the weekend is under arrest in hospital under suspicion of her murder.

Rebecca Thompson's mother found her dead at the family home in Bushey, two miles east of Watford, around midday on Saturday [...].

Earlier that day, her father Simon crashed his Volkswagen Golf into a roundabout at high speed in what is believed to have been a suicide attempt. He was alone in the car.

A Hertfordshire Police spokeswoman told the Evening Standard the 52-year-old was expected to be in hospital for some time and would be interviewed once deemed fit by medical staff.

This is just around the corner from where I used to live. This is heart breaking. My thoughts are with her mother, family and friends. I don't understand what this would is coming to. Too many children dying at the hands of people who are supposed to care and love them. Why?

From The Independent:

A father has appeared in court charged with strangling his 11-year-old daughter at their family home in Hertfordshire.

Rebecca Thompson’s body was found by her mother at the house in Holmefield Road, Bushey, on Saturday 22 June. Reports suggest she may have lain dead for up to 12 hours before being discovered.

Simon Thompson, 52, was involved in a car crash in the early hours of the same day, and had been held under police guard at hospital until officers were first allowed to question him on Friday.

He has now been charged with his daughter’s murder, and appeared at Hatfield Magistrate’s Court today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back