GUILTY PA - Daniel Cook, 27, fatally shot in Craigslist robbery, Philadelphia, 21 June 2013

Sounds like the ad was a ruse to lure the victim to show up with money to purchase the ATV (which I doubt ever existed).

How sad is that?

I wouldn't show up in that alley if they told me I could have the thing for free.

From August 2015:

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...responding-to-craigslist-ad-in-west-oak-lane/

A Montgomery County man has been found guilty of murder in the shooting death of a New Jersey man who was answering an ad for an ATV on the social media site Craigslist.

The jury returned the verdict Tuesday afternoon against 25-year-old Thomas Coffee of Willow Grove. The panel of jurors decided Coffee lured the victim, 27-year-old Daniel Cook of Williamstown, to the West Oak Lane section of Philadelphia in 2013 for an armed robbery by advertising an ATV and then shooting him to death.

Judge Glenn Bronson immediately sentenced Coffee to the mandatory life prison term on the murder count, plus another 50-100 years for three more armed robberies days before the murder, two of which used Craigslist ads as bait.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back