GUILTY UK - Keanu Williams, 2, beaten to death, Birmingham, 9 Jan 2011

A "fist sized tear in his stomach..." omg, I can't even begin to fathom such an injury. That poor baby... :(

Then she wins £10,000 on the lottery...i kid u not...
Beggers belief...

When I saw that beautiful blond hair my first thought was baby Peter.
Both beautiful little angels now.

Rest in peace little man :rose:

Unbelievable! This woman is a monster. :stormingmad:

Rest in peace baby boy.

I don't think this monster can ever be released unless she's sterilized first.

I don't think this monster can ever be released unless she's sterilized first.

How about we just don't release her...and the likes of her. Maybe if the courts started getting tough on baby killers, then would-be baby killers would think twice before harming children.

She has just been sentenced.

Life.. min to serve 18yrs.

Rot in hell....
Rip little boy...

June 2013:

Rebecca Shuttleworth was found guilty of murder yesterday after she duped social workers into believing she was a caring parent.

Shuttleworth tortured little Keanu Williams, two, for months before fatally battering him in the two days leading up to his death...

The 25-year-old, who had denied the charges, inflicted what detectives described as "horrifying" injuries on Keanu after apparently convincing her support worker that she had turned her life around....

Shuttleworth, whose former partner will also be sentenced today after being convicted of cruelty, is known to have explained away numerous injuries to her son by saying he had been fighting with siblings, or was clumsy.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...news/picture-shows-killer-mum-rebecca-4709050

KeanuWilliams.jpg

Jailing Rebecca Shuttleworth, Mr Justice Spencer said she was a cruel, deceitful and manipulative woman who had subjected her son, Keanu Williams, to a lingering death...

Luke Southerton, 32, was convicted of one count of child cruelty – an assault on Keanu – but cleared of murder and other offences. He was given a nine-month suspended sentence and ordered to carry out 200 hours of community service...

It emerged that while Shuttleworth was on bail awaiting trial she was caught on film shouting out in delight as her new partner won a £10,000 lottery prize.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/jun/25/rebecca-shuttleworth-jailed-son-murder

Christopher Hotten QC, prosecuting, said: "It matters not who did what that weekend, both of them beat and abused Keanu, both are in it together, neither lifted a finger to help until he was dead."...

The jury heard in an interview with the police Ms Shuttleworth said she didn't know how the fatal injuries had happened.
The prosecution told the court that in an interview with the police Luke Southerton said he was not violent and would have remembered if he had hit Keanu.
However he admitted that he had previously bitten Keanu but was unaware he had left a mark, the jury heard.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21046831

October 2013:

keanu-williams-TZR.jpg

The head of the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children has said lessons are not being learned by child protection agencies, after a review into the death of two-year-old Keanu Williams found the Birmingham boy had been failed by social workers, health services and nursery staff ...

Dr Hilary Emery, chief executive of the National Children’s Bureau, claimed over-complicated bureaucracy had contributed to the tragedy....
‘It is particularly worrying that the review found that no conversations were held with Keanu to find out what he was feeling. No child at risk should ever be only seen and not heard.

http://www.birminghampost.co.uk/news/local-news/keanu-williams-murder-lessons-not-6134424

From the Judge's sentencing remarks:

By the jury’s verdict it was you alone, Rebecca Shuttleworth, who was responsible for the violence which led to Keanu’s death. You were with Keanu in Luke Southerton’s flat from the Friday night through to the Sunday afternoon, by which time Keanu had undoubtedly suffered his fatal injuries. You claimed that it was Luke Southerton who inflicted those injuries but the jury decided otherwise. Keanu would have been bound to scream inconsolably for many minutes when such injuries were inflicted. Your claim to have seen and heard nothing of any such attack and its aftermath was as unconvincing as it was dishonest. It must have been on the Saturday morning, when Luke Southerton was away from the flat for 2 hours, that you inflicted the injuries.

17. No one could look at the photographs of Keanu taken after his death, or even the body mapping images of the multiple injuries he suffered, without being appalled at the brutality they represent. There must have been many separate blows. At least one must have been inflicted with a weapon, in all probability a pool cue or broom handle, hence the tramline bruising.

18. There were injuries inflicted to his abdomen, his chest, his face, his head, and his back. The abdominal injury which killed Keanu was a massive tear of the mesentery, the apron of fat which provides the blood supply for the whole of the intestine. The force required to cause such an injury was very great indeed, likened by the pathologist, Dr Kolar, to the forces in a road traffic collision. It must have been the result of heavy punches, a stamp or kick, or other blows. The depth and extent of bruising to Keanu’s back strongly suggests he must have been thrown or slammed against the floor or a wall or another firm surface for at least part of the attack upon him.

http://crimeandjustice.co.uk/2013/0...urt-sentencing-remarks-of-mr-justice-spencer/

The boyfriend, Luke Southerton, was only convicted for a single earlier incident where Shuttleworth convinced him to bite Keanu as a punishment for biting. The bite broke the skin and left extensive bruising. I couldn't understand why he wasn't convicted for failing to get help for Keanu, but in the sentencing report the judge said

I have read the material placed before me by your counsel which confirms everything in the evidence the jury heard during the trial about the quality of your relationship with your sons, and your generally placid nature. I have been assisted by a pre-sentence report. I have also read the psychologist’s report from Dr Tim Hull, dated 9th March 2012, from which it is evident that you are of limited intellectual ability. There is nothing, however, to indicate that you were not fully in possession of your faculties at the time of the offence. You were weak and, to an extent, naïve. You have endured the strain of 5 months on trial for murder, on top of 2 years waiting for the trial to begin. You have spent a total of 13 days on remand during the course of the proceedings. All those factors enable me to take a course which does not involve your going to prison today.

It's sad to see children slip through the fingers of the hands of the Child Protection Services. The people that should of protected them in the first place.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back