1327 users online (193 members and 1134 guests)  

Websleuths News

Death sentence thrown out because of Bible reading jurors

The Colorado Supreme Court threw out the death sentence Monday of a man convicted of raping and killing a cocktail waitress because jurors consulted the Bible during deliberations.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7318241/
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Why do I have the feeling that if they had consulted Bible verses regarding mercy and then shown mercy, no one would have a problem with this?

hi my!

“an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth,”

for hundreds of years many people have gotten this backward. it is actually the law of karma and means NOT if somebody takes your eye, you take theirs, but if you take somebody's eye, yours will be taken (sooner or later by fate).

simply, if you give love, love comes back to you.
    if you give hate, hate comes back to you.
    hence the old saying, 'you have to give it away to keep it.' jmo.

Well it may take this guy a little while longer to get to hell, but I have a great amount of faith that he'll get there eventually.