Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Dear Websleuths Members,

We are going to try opening one thread for the trial of George Zimmerman.

Discussions became so heated and hateful that we closed the whole Martin/Zimmerman discussion until the trial started.

If things get out of hand again we will close this thread.

Just because someone might think George Zimmerman is innocent does not make them a racist.

Just because someone thinks Trayvon Martin was killed in cold blood does not make them a racist.

Here are the rules on posting on Websleuths. I would suggest you read them and if you have any questions you can email me at tgrif@xmission.com

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Raine1212 and myself will be the moderators of this thread.

We will open this thread first thing on the morning of Tuesday June 25th.

Thank you for being a part of Websleuths.

Tricia Griffith
Co-Owner Websleuths.com

Remember everyone has the right to voice their opinion.

Race is a factor in this trial.. please do not make it one here.

NO BASHING OF FELLOW POSTERS

NO NAME CALLING

NO RACIST REMARKS

IF YOU SEE A POST PLEASE ALERT DO NOT RESPOND TO THE POST

PLEASE DISCUSS LIKE ADULTS...WE UNDERSTAND THAT RACIAL ISSUES WILL BE BROUGHT UP DURING THE TRIAL AND CAN BE DISCUSSED HERE WITHOUT MAKING WEBSLEUTHS A RACIAL FORUM!

Bringing this over from the other thread:

polleypockets said: i was surprised today in opening statements that TM didn't have any DNA from zimmerman on his hands w/ the "huge struggle" GZ has described- and that george took a pic of the body b4 the police got there

And actually, if you listened to the DT opening statement, Trayvon was holding his heart (where he got shot) and there was no blood on his hands. How is that possible if there were no mistakes made at the crime scene?

:facepalm:

I'm still on the fence...

Is the 911 operator still on the stand? Thanks.

I don't know. They are having a hearing this a.m. about bringing in other 911 calls of his so he might be done. (?) Can't remember.

Bringing this over from the other thread:

And actually, if you listened to the DT opening statement, Trayvon was holding his heart (where he got shot) and there was no blood on his hands. How is that possible if there were no mistakes made at the crime scene?

:facepalm:

I'm still on the fence...

Really good point. Thanks Heather. :)

Really good point. Thanks Heather. :)

I had brought up yesterday what factors would the elements bring if his hands were exposed to rain/wet grass/etc. I will say though that despite the gunshot wound I don't think there was a ton of blood at the scene or even on TM's clothing (his or GZ's), which may explain lack of DNA.

I thought they stated that it was (or had been) raining and also that they failed to bag his hands to preserve evidence. Also some kind of screw up with his damp clothing which developed mildew and contaminated any evidence on them....

Is the 911 operator still on the stand? Thanks.

No, he was dismissed and then they had the 711 guy, and a lady who was w/ the Sherriff's dept, I think, who talked about how the call center event tracking system worked.

I think this is where they started veering off to prior calls made by GZ and the objection that led to this hearing.

A lot of people seem to forget the shoddy/lack of investigation that happened early on by the Sanford LE. I think despite whether he's really guilty or innocent, that aspect is going to come back to bite the state.

I heard the screams on the 911 call and it was horrible. I wish they could tell who was making the noise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW! Did not know that Zimmerman originally bought his gun to shoot his neighbor's dog. (per Prosecutor).

WOW! Did not know that Zimmerman originally bought his gun to shoot his neighbor's dog. (per Prosecutor).

And how would he know that? And how was it relevant. I love animals. But if I felt I was in danger because of one, I may get a gun too.

I want to know how they arrived at that information?

I was thinking last night about how I feel so far.

So far George is still not guilty of the charges for me. I believe in Innocent until proven Guilty and the case just started so for me, He still is innocent at this point. I need to see all the evidence but nothing so far as swayed me to the other side yet. I believe this is a case where it is not TM vs GZ but Self defense vs, recklessness. I have not seen reckless yet.

I'm still just so shocked by them starting on time and at 9:00 AMrather than 9:00 PM that I can't even pay attention to evidence for or against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member