Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 188

Thread: KY - Brookelyn Farthing, 18, Berea, 22 Jun 2013

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    7,945

    KY - Brookelyn Farthing, 18, Berea, 22 Jun 2013

    Police searching for missing Madison County teenager



    http://www.wkyt.com/news/headlines/P...212757781.html


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,542
    Interesting....


    "Update: KSP Investigates If Suspicious Fire Linked To Missing Girl"

    What Farthing left behind may be a clue.

    "Some items that we believe she should've taken with her if she was leaving for any extended period," said Blanton
    Story.jpg

    http://www.wtvq.com/mostpopular/stor...hSeqbpVwA.cspx

    (A written report and video are included at the link)

  3. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Considering For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    600
    In the ABC news story it says her cell phone is missing and parents said the phone is ringing but no one answers but they haven't been able to track it.. I don't understand how they haven't been able to track it? That should be a BIG priority right now for the police in that area, batteries don't last forever and the information on location is so important! Hoping she is found quickly and safely!
    In all debates, let truth be thy aim, not victory, or an unjust interest.
    ― William Penn


  5. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ky
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    In the ABC news story it says her cell phone is missing and parents said the phone is ringing but no one answers but they haven't been able to track it.. I don't understand how they haven't been able to track it? That should be a BIG priority right now for the police in that area, batteries don't last forever and the information on location is so important! Hoping she is found quickly and safely!

    This is about five miles from me. The Police here gets in no hurry. They think "runaway" the first thought. I wish they would name the guy she was with.

  6. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Alisha8191 For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    4,951
    Is there a missing thread on her? I did not see one

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to iluvmua For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Tx
    Posts
    317

  10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tonya421 For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    southwest virginia
    Posts
    2,984
    There is a group page (2 actually) for her on FB with some pictures but not much else. I was hoping to find the name of the ex and/or the homeowner but there is nothing more there than we already know.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    - Anon

  12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to vasportsmom For This Useful Post:


  13. #8
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Tx
    Posts
    317
    This video link gives the address where the fire occured and also
    says something about the cause of fire was a lit cigarette, but I didn't
    catch the date, so it might be an earlier report

    113 Dillon Ct
    Berea, Ky

    http://www.lex18.com/videoplayer/?vi...56%2C233%2C269

  14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tonya421 For This Useful Post:


  15. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    32
    Just read about this girl... Hope she's found safe.

  16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to multicat For This Useful Post:


  17. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    169
    Pinterest account (notice the URL name on the account--the recent ex, maybe?):

    http://pinterest.com/brookeandjared/

    Picture looks like her, and "Brookelyn" with an "e" is a fairly distinctive way to spell the first name, so I think it likely belongs to the missing woman.

    MySpace:
    https://myspace.com/brookelyn35

    If you look at her Top 8 friends on MySpace, and then her friends on Facebook, I think it might be fairly easy to figure out the name of the recent ex-boyfriend (who seems legitimately distraught at her disappearance).

    ETA: From his FB page, you can find one of the listed property owners on his Friends list. The property owner's listed job is...interesting. Not casting aspersions on anyone (as no one has been charged or even named as a person of interest, and I've read that the property owner has given voluntary statements to the police)...just making an observation that the listed property owner's occupation is interesting in light of a disappearance. (Not trying to be deliberately coy or obscure here...just not sure what/when/who we're allowed to name/sleuth.)
    Last edited by Mouse; 06-26-2013 at 11:22 AM.

  18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Mouse For This Useful Post:


  19. #11
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    7,945
    Moving this thread over here for discussion and sleuthing!

  20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to CatFancier For This Useful Post:


  21. #12
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    7,945
    Hope held out for missing Madison County teen's safe return

    The family said there will be another vigil for Farthing at 8:30, Friday night, at the Pilot Knob Baptist Church, in Berea.
    http://www.wkyt.com/news/headlines/H...213251041.html

  22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CatFancier For This Useful Post:


  23. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wa.State
    Posts
    1,373
    Quote Originally Posted by jwpmoyer View Post
    Moving this thread over here for discussion and sleuthing!
    Thanks
    If I really thought I could...
    Id give up your ghost for good.
    But Im not so sure it isnt you..
    That keeps my ghost from leaving too.
    Joe Henry


    . . . . for Sky.

  24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GateKeeper For This Useful Post:


  25. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    19,931
    Sorry guys, I should have let you all know earlier. I did unapprove the topix info until I can find out if its allowed. I'll let you all know and reapprove if it is ok. Thanks!

    Ima

  26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to imamaze For This Useful Post:


  27. #15
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Tx
    Posts
    317

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tonya421 For This Useful Post:


  29. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    19,931
    I didn't see this article posted...

    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...r-the-weekend/
    Brookelyn Farthing Missing: Police conduct interviews to try to find Ky. teen who disappeared over the weekend
    Authorities said they were conducting interviews on Wednesday to try and find out more about the disappearance of 18-year-old Brookelyn Farthing, said CBS affiliate WKYT.
    Police told the station that they are searching the central Kentucky neighborhood where Farthing was last seen before she went missing on Saturday morning after a house fire.

  30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to imamaze For This Useful Post:


  31. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    19,931
    http://www.wtvq.com/content/localnew...P6y5wNE3w.cspx
    Reward Fund Established for Missing Teen
    A reward fund has been set up by friends of missing Madison County teen Brookelyn Farthing in the hopes of bringing her home.

    http://www.wlextv.com/news/hundreds-...farthing-home/
    Hundreds Attend Vigil To Bring Brookelyn Farthing Home
    It's been five days and no one has seen or heard from Brookelyn Farthing. The 18-year-old's family and friends turned to prayer as the search for her continues.
    As storms rolled in to Madison County, the gray sky reflected the mood at Lake Reba Park. Tasha Thomas is anxious like everyone else, anguished over wondering where her younger sister is.
    "It's been five days now, and we're lost. We're just at the point that you wake up in the morning and it takes you a minute to say it's another day," says Tasha.

  32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to imamaze For This Useful Post:


  33. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    169
    http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/N...213535591.html
    "New Search Underway For Missing Teen in Madison County"

    Interesting snippet:

    On Friday, investigators began searching a large area of land off of Floyd Branch Road near Red Lick Road just outside Berea.

    They originally thought she'd last been seen in the Dillon Court area of Berea, but now say the Floyd Branch Road area is the last place she'd been before she disappeared.
    Maybe someone local can describe the new area (such as how far it is from the Dillon Court address)?

  34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mouse For This Useful Post:


  35. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    169
    Also, some of the news articles have mentioned that her personal belongings (purse and suitcases) were left behind in the Dillon Court house. But nothing has really said why she'd have suitcases there. A purse I understand, but suitcases? Personally, at 18 years old, I would not have wanted to stay in a house with no electricity during a humid KY summer. (Wouldn't want to do that now, either--my hair frizzes just thinking about it.) Had she moved out of her folks' house and into the Dillon Court house because of a conflict with her parents? Or was she getting ready to travel somewhere for a post-graduation trip? I'm assuming the suitcases were packed, since there's been mention of "leaving her belongings behind"...but maybe they were empty, and she was just lending them to the house owner to use as he moved out? (Although if that's the case, why bring up the suitcases at all?)

    Her social media pages (especially the Pinterest page) have a whole lot about wedding and baby stuff, as if she'd been counting on marriage and starting a family in the very near future, as the next step after graduating from HS. And none of the news articles or FB postings have mentioned anything about any plans for college (as in, "We don't think she would have run away, because she was excited about starting at EKU in the fall," etc.), or starting a new job. If her long-term relationship had recently broken up--and with it, her "next step" plans--I wonder if she could have been feeling directionless, and maybe decided to just get away and figure out what to do next. I don't think that's what happened, unfortunately (especially without her purse and suitcases), but I hope that it is.

  36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mouse For This Useful Post:


  37. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ky
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/N...213535591.html
    "New Search Underway For Missing Teen in Madison County"

    Interesting snippet:



    Maybe someone local can describe the new area (such as how far it is from the Dillon Court address)?
    Its not far, maybe five miles or so. It is very rural, some fields but lots of woods. They search about 800 acres.

  38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Alisha8191 For This Useful Post:


  39. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ky
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Also, some of the news articles have mentioned that her personal belongings (purse and suitcases) were left behind in the Dillon Court house. But nothing has really said why she'd have suitcases there. A purse I understand, but suitcases? Personally, at 18 years old, I would not have wanted to stay in a house with no electricity during a humid KY summer. (Wouldn't want to do that now, either--my hair frizzes just thinking about it.) Had she moved out of her folks' house and into the Dillon Court house because of a conflict with her parents? Or was she getting ready to travel somewhere for a post-graduation trip? I'm assuming the suitcases were packed, since there's been mention of "leaving her belongings behind"...but maybe they were empty, and she was just lending them to the house owner to use as he moved out? (Although if that's the case, why bring up the suitcases at all?)

    Her social media pages (especially the Pinterest page) have a whole lot about wedding and baby stuff, as if she'd been counting on marriage and starting a family in the very near future, as the next step after graduating from HS. And none of the news articles or FB postings have mentioned anything about any plans for college (as in, "We don't think she would have run away, because she was excited about starting at EKU in the fall," etc.), or starting a new job. If her long-term relationship had recently broken up--and with it, her "next step" plans--I wonder if she could have been feeling directionless, and maybe decided to just get away and figure out what to do next. I don't think that's what happened, unfortunately (especially without her purse and suitcases), but I hope that it is.

    Yes, she had moved into the house, the owner is facing foreclosure and has to move out. I guess that's why her bags were packed. I don't konw what the relationship with the owner is, but her BF is a different person.I don;t think she left on her own with no car, it is too rural, a long walk and no one else is missing around here.

  40. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Alisha8191 For This Useful Post:


  41. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    29
    Hey everyone! I'm new here and have been lurking for awhile. I'm wondering how investigators can't track her cell phone at all?

  42. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stephmitch15 For This Useful Post:


  43. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ky
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephmitch15 View Post
    Hey everyone! I'm new here and have been lurking for awhile. I'm wondering how investigators can't track her cell phone at all?

    Stephmitch15, I don't know why they haven't traced the phone, they may have and are not saying right now. May be why they are searching where they are.

  44. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Alisha8191 For This Useful Post:


  45. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephmitch15 View Post
    Hey everyone! I'm new here and have been lurking for awhile. I'm wondering how investigators can't track her cell phone at all?
    Hi Stephmitch- I'm somewhat of a lurker here too

    I'm thinking the cell phone may not have GPS. A smart-phone type would, but a basic phone would not. Another thought is that the GPS may be turned off. When I am in a rural area my phone burns a lot of battery while it tries to utilize the GPS, so I turn it off....
    A run-away may leave on purpose, but that doesn't mean that they are able to get back home.... Never stop searching.

  46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AnnieOakley For This Useful Post:


  47. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Alisha8191 View Post
    Stephmitch15, I don't know why they haven't traced the phone, they may have and are not saying right now. May be why they are searching where they are.
    Thank you! If the family is calling and it keeps ringing, wouldn't it have to ping off a tower near by? Or does that require the GPS to be turned on?

  48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stephmitch15 For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. KY KY- Shelly Kay Schoffner, 42, Berea, 31-March-2011
    By summer_breeze in forum Missing but not forgotten Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-13-2013, 12:59 PM
  2. Match! CA: Farthing, Jack, 97-1551TD 81, died 1997
    By nemo'smom in forum Matches & Resolved
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-27-2012, 03:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •