1239 users online (221 members and 1018 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    I didn't see this article posted...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...r-the-weekend/
    Brookelyn Farthing Missing: Police conduct interviews to try to find Ky. teen who disappeared over the weekend
    Authorities said they were conducting interviews on Wednesday to try and find out more about the disappearance of 18-year-old Brookelyn Farthing, said CBS affiliate WKYT.
    Police told the station that they are searching the central Kentucky neighborhood where Farthing was last seen before she went missing on Saturday morning after a house fire.

http://www.wtvq.com/content/localnew...P6y5wNE3w.cspx
    Reward Fund Established for Missing Teen
    A reward fund has been set up by friends of missing Madison County teen Brookelyn Farthing in the hopes of bringing her home.

http://www.wlextv.com/news/hundreds-...farthing-home/
    Hundreds Attend Vigil To Bring Brookelyn Farthing Home
    It's been five days and no one has seen or heard from Brookelyn Farthing. The 18-year-old's family and friends turned to prayer as the search for her continues.
    As storms rolled in to Madison County, the gray sky reflected the mood at Lake Reba Park. Tasha Thomas is anxious like everyone else, anguished over wondering where her younger sister is.
    "It's been five days now, and we're lost. We're just at the point that you wake up in the morning and it takes you a minute to say it's another day," says Tasha.

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/N...213535591.html
    "New Search Underway For Missing Teen in Madison County"

Interesting snippet:

On Friday, investigators began searching a large area of land off of Floyd Branch Road near Red Lick Road just outside Berea.

They originally thought she'd last been seen in the Dillon Court area of Berea, but now say the Floyd Branch Road area is the last place she'd been before she disappeared.
    Maybe someone local can describe the new area (such as how far it is from the Dillon Court address)?

Also, some of the news articles have mentioned that her personal belongings (purse and suitcases) were left behind in the Dillon Court house. But nothing has really said why she'd have suitcases there. A purse I understand, but suitcases? Personally, at 18 years old, I would not have wanted to stay in a house with no electricity during a humid KY summer. (Wouldn't want to do that now, either--my hair frizzes just thinking about it.) Had she moved out of her folks' house and into the Dillon Court house because of a conflict with her parents? Or was she getting ready to travel somewhere for a post-graduation trip? I'm assuming the suitcases were packed, since there's been mention of "leaving her belongings behind"...but maybe they were empty, and she was just lending them to the house owner to use as he moved out? (Although if that's the case, why bring up the suitcases at all?)

Her social media pages (especially the Pinterest page) have a whole lot about wedding and baby stuff, as if she'd been counting on marriage and starting a family in the very near future, as the next step after graduating from HS. And none of the news articles or FB postings have mentioned anything about any plans for college (as in, "We don't think she would have run away, because she was excited about starting at EKU in the fall," etc.), or starting a new job. If her long-term relationship had recently broken up--and with it, her "next step" plans--I wonder if she could have been feeling directionless, and maybe decided to just get away and figure out what to do next. I don't think that's what happened, unfortunately (especially without her purse and suitcases), but I hope that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/N...213535591.html
    "New Search Underway For Missing Teen in Madison County"

Interesting snippet:

Maybe someone local can describe the new area (such as how far it is from the Dillon Court address)?
    Its not far, maybe five miles or so. It is very rural, some fields but lots of woods. They search about 800 acres.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Also, some of the news articles have mentioned that her personal belongings (purse and suitcases) were left behind in the Dillon Court house. But nothing has really said why she'd have suitcases there. A purse I understand, but suitcases? Personally, at 18 years old, I would not have wanted to stay in a house with no electricity during a humid KY summer. (Wouldn't want to do that now, either--my hair frizzes just thinking about it.) Had she moved out of her folks' house and into the Dillon Court house because of a conflict with her parents? Or was she getting ready to travel somewhere for a post-graduation trip? I'm assuming the suitcases were packed, since there's been mention of "leaving her belongings behind"...but maybe they were empty, and she was just lending them to the house owner to use as he moved out? (Although if that's the case, why bring up the suitcases at all?)

Her social media pages (especially the Pinterest page) have a whole lot about wedding and baby stuff, as if she'd been counting on marriage and starting a family in the very near future, as the next step after graduating from HS. And none of the news articles or FB postings have mentioned anything about any plans for college (as in, "We don't think she would have run away, because she was excited about starting at EKU in the fall," etc.), or starting a new job. If her long-term relationship had recently broken up--and with it, her "next step" plans--I wonder if she could have been feeling directionless, and maybe decided to just get away and figure out what to do next. I don't think that's what happened, unfortunately (especially without her purse and suitcases), but I hope that it is.

Yes, she had moved into the house, the owner is facing foreclosure and has to move out. I guess that's why her bags were packed. I don't konw what the relationship with the owner is, but her BF is a different person.I don;t think she left on her own with no car, it is too rural, a long walk and no one else is missing around here.

Hey everyone! I'm new here and have been lurking for awhile. I'm wondering how investigators can't track her cell phone at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephmitch15 View Post
    Hey everyone! I'm new here and have been lurking for awhile. I'm wondering how investigators can't track her cell phone at all?

Stephmitch15, I don't know why they haven't traced the phone, they may have and are not saying right now. May be why they are searching where they are.

Hi Stephmitch- I'm somewhat of a lurker here too

I'm thinking the cell phone may not have GPS. A smart-phone type would, but a basic phone would not. Another thought is that the GPS may be turned off. When I am in a rural area my phone burns a lot of battery while it tries to utilize the GPS, so I turn it off....
    A run-away may leave on purpose, but that doesn't mean that they are able to get back home.... Never stop searching.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha8191 View Post
    Stephmitch15, I don't know why they haven't traced the phone, they may have and are not saying right now. May be why they are searching where they are.
    Thank you! If the family is calling and it keeps ringing, wouldn't it have to ping off a tower near by? Or does that require the GPS to be turned on?

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieOakley View Post

I'm thinking the cell phone may not have GPS. A smart-phone type would, but a basic phone would not. Another thought is that the GPS may be turned off. When I am in a rural area my phone burns a lot of battery while it tries to utilize the GPS, so I turn it off....
    You can see her cell phone in several facebook pics, link in post up there^^^

Does a cell phone need the GPS turned on to ping off a tower? I mean, even a basic phone would send signal to a tower, right? Sorry for all these questions! Just trying to get informed here!

Does a cell phone need the GPS turned on to ping off a tower? I mean, even a basic phone would send signal to a tower, right? Sorry for all these questions! Just trying to get informed here!
    No, any working cell phone has to ping a tower to be able to make or receive calls.

Sorry guys, I was thinking GPS to find her location because it seems like a large area to search.... A ping or pings off a tower(s) doesn't give very specific location info. But you are all correct, of course, it would be something helpful to know a general area.

That's why I don't post vey often- I end up sounding like a dum dum.
    A run-away may leave on purpose, but that doesn't mean that they are able to get back home.... Never stop searching.

Sorry guys, I was thinking GPS to find her location because it seems like a large area to search.... A ping or pings off a tower(s) doesn't give very specific location info. But you are all correct, of course, it would be something helpful to know a general area.

That's why I don't post vey often- I end up sounding like a dum dum.
    Hey Annie, keep on posting and don't let anybody make you feel like you are not contributing.
    Support Our Troops

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast