1394 users online (274 members and 1120 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieOakley View Post
    Sorry guys, I was thinking GPS to find her location because it seems like a large area to search.... A ping or pings off a tower(s) doesn't give very specific location info. But you are all correct, of course, it would be something helpful to know a general area.

That's why I don't post vey often- I end up sounding like a dum dum.
    I was as confused as you were! Do we know the last person to see her? Or see her leave with anyone?

The last person to see her, that we know of, was the homeowner. The cause of the fire was a cig between the cushions of the couch. She had no car, just her cell phone. This is a real rural area. I live about five miles from the house she went missing from.

So, from Jwpmoyer's first post, the news story says:

"The 18-year-old's been missing ever since Saturday morning. Police say she was at the home in Berea with another man. They say he told them he left for a bit, then came back and found the fire burning, Farthing gone, but several personal items left behind."
    It's from this one:
    (http://www.wkyt.com/news/headlines/P...?device=tablet)

Anyway, I find the word "another" to be interesting. Do they mean a man other than the homeowner? If so, was this person a friend of hers, or homeowners?

Also odd to me is that they say he left "for a bit".... I wonder how long he was gone and where he went. And can they verify it?

Oop I was posting at the same time as Alisha8191- sounds like maybe the reporter was just using loose language there. They prob meant another person, meaning the homeowner...
    Last edited by AnnieOakley; 06-29-2013 at 04:10 PM. Reason: ETA clarifier
    A run-away may leave on purpose, but that doesn't mean that they are able to get back home.... Never stop searching.

okay, so why did he leave? then come back?? I also want to know where he even went?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephmitch15 View Post
    okay, so why did he leave? then come back?? I also want to know where he even went?

He went to check on his horses.

So, homeowner leaves, comes back and house is on fire/something inside is on fire

If something in my house was on fire, I would be out of there. Could she have gotten lost while running out?

Yes, the couch was on fire, Brooke was gone, he called 911, the fire was put out, but the house had smoke damage. She could have ran, but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha8191 View Post
    The last person to see her, that we know of, was the homeowner. The cause of the fire was a cig between the cushions of the couch. She had no car, just her cell phone. This is a real rural area. I live about five miles from the house she went missing from.
    So, did she smoke then?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephmitch15 View Post
    So, did she smoke then?
    I don't know if she smoked. I wish I could find that out. Probably did as most young people here smoke. I live on Hwy 25, they drive fast here, someone probably hit an electric pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha8191 View Post
    I don't know if she smoked. I wish I could find that out. Probably did as most young people here smoke. I live on Hwy 25, they drive fast here, someone probably hit an electric pole.
    Quoting myself since my post doesn't make much sense. I meant to say I lost my electricity for a while and I was sorry for taking so long to answer you.

http://www.lex18.com/news/search-con...-missing-teen/

OK, so this is worded differently....the man was the owner of the house she was at?

Ok so this is just confusing me.
    What Ive gathered is that Brookelyn has a bf but was staying at a house that belonged to her EX bf not her current bf. The homeowner leaves early in the morning and returns to find his home on fire and Brookelyn gone. So I guess my question is was she staying there with the EX bf and his friend and if so where is the EX bf? I don't think its that suspicious her belongings were left and only her cell was missing if she had to get out quickly because a fire broke out. Now if that's the case then where in the world is she and why hasn't she contacted anyone. I don't know I feel like something is missing in this whole story. Why would she be living in a house with no electricity anyways??
    ~ When I feel overwhelmed and tempted to take everything into my own hands, I remind myself to just be still. That the battle is not mine. The battle is the Lord's and he will see us through it. I know this.
    Help us to not dwell on the negativity of this world but embrace the positive of the Lord's grace.~

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate1 View Post
    Ok so this is just confusing me.
    What Ive gathered is that Brookelyn has a bf but was staying at a house that belonged to her EX bf not her current bf. The homeowner leaves early in the morning and returns to find his home on fire and Brookelyn gone. So I guess my question is was she staying there with the EX bf and his friend and if so where is the EX bf? I don't think its that suspicious her belongings were left and only her cell was missing if she had to get out quickly because a fire broke out. Now if that's the case then where in the world is she and why hasn't she contacted anyone. I don't know I feel like something is missing in this whole story. Why would she be living in a house with no electricity anyways??
    That's why I've been asking so many questions. I feel like the story doesn't add up.

[QUOTE=princessk;9615474]http://www.lex18.com/news/search-con...-missing-teen/

OK, so this is worded differently....the man was the owner of the house she was at?[/QUOTE

Well this is the first time Ive seen it mentioned there was a party at the house that night.
    So was she actually staying there or just went to a party that night at the house.
    Possibly she drank too much and didn't want to drive.
    So if she was the only person at the house when he left then I really want to know if she smokes. This is just too bizarre.
    Another odd thing. I have clicked on 3 different topix links for Brookelyn and they have all.been taken down. Why and who is requesting then to be deleted?
    ~ When I feel overwhelmed and tempted to take everything into my own hands, I remind myself to just be still. That the battle is not mine. The battle is the Lord's and he will see us through it. I know this.
    Help us to not dwell on the negativity of this world but embrace the positive of the Lord's grace.~

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/52292477/n...adison-county/

Ok this says she did not live at the house on Dillon Court.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast