1420 users online (265 members and 1155 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 84 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #3

Dear Websleuths Members,

We are going to try opening one thread for the trial of George Zimmerman.

Discussions became so heated and hateful that we closed the whole Martin/Zimmerman discussion until the trial started.

If things get out of hand again we will close this thread.

Just because someone might think George Zimmerman is innocent does not make them a racist.

Just because someone thinks Trayvon Martin was killed in cold blood does not make them a racist.

Here are the rules on posting on Websleuths. I would suggest you read them and if you have any questions you can email me at tgrif@xmission.com

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Raine1212 and myself will be the moderators of this thread.

We will open this thread first thing on the morning of Wednesday June 26th.

Thank you for being a part of Websleuths.

Tricia Griffith
    Co-Owner Websleuths.com
    Last edited by raine1212; 06-25-2013 at 12:41 PM. Reason: change date
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Live audio WBDO radio in Orlando

http://www.news965.com/

Remember everyone has the right to voice their opinion.

Race is a factor in this trial.. please do not make it one here.

NO BASHING OF FELLOW POSTERS

NO NAME CALLING

NO RACIST REMARKS

IF YOU SEE A POST PLEASE ALERT DO NOT RESPOND TO THE POST

PLEASE DISCUSS LIKE ADULTS...WE UNDERSTAND THAT RACIAL ISSUES WILL BE BROUGHT UP DURING THE TRIAL AND CAN BE DISCUSSED HERE WITHOUT MAKING WEBSLEUTHS A RACIAL FORUM!

My MRI was clear () and now I am trying to catch up on yesterdays trial via youtube.

Oh, and goodmorning!
    "I love you to the moon and back!"
    My Daughter, Emma Grace
    June 5, 2001 - April 22, 2011

Anyone give a cliffnotes version of the last witness. I read the tweets and saw where O'Meara was going on cross but hard to tell if he was effective.

JudyBolton is offline In memory: My dear friend Martha Mickel, kidnapped & murdered by Curtis Tyner.
    Quote Originally Posted by especiallyheather View Post
    My MRI was clear () and now I am trying to catch up on yesterdays trial via youtube.

Oh, and goodmorning!

YEAH!!!! Perfect start to our day, Heather - rejoicing with you

So far, this trial is really boring--especially compared to the Jodi Arias trial. No wonder George looks so bored.

Morning All

Great to hear, Heather!
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion but not to his own facts. --Daniel Patrick Moynihan

JudyBolton is offline In memory: My dear friend Martha Mickel, kidnapped & murdered by Curtis Tyner.
    Quote Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
    Anyone give a cliffnotes version of the last witness. I read the tweets and saw where O'Meara was going on cross but hard to tell if he was effective.
    Most think it was brilliant! I heard it on Sirius radio - then watched on Youtube later - She at times was just speechless and spinning her chair. She all but admitted that the only time she had said she heard running (from left to right ) was yesterday in court.... never mentioned it in any of her recorded interviews....

Then the icing on the cake was when she had to admit she "liked" the TM support page AND signed a petition calling for GZ to be charged....

All that was missing was "Are these magic grits?".....IMHO

I think these threads have been well behaved for the most part and I commend all the posters, this is a high emotion case and there are a substantial number of posters on both sides of the fence which I would think is fairly unusual for WS.

I have noticed though that so far (it's been early though), a majority of the conversation throughout the day has very little to do with what is actually being said in the courtroom. It's not like there are a ton of sidebars so I don't see why the conversation doesn't steer more to what the witnesses are saying. At least that's been my personal observation.

Quote Originally Posted by JudyBolton View Post
    Most think it was brilliant! I heard it on Sirius radio - then watched on Youtube later - She at times was just speechless and spinning her chair. She all but admitted that the only time she had said she heard running (from left to right ) was yesterday in court.... never mentioned it in any of her recorded interviews....

Then the icing on the cake was when she had to admit she "liked" the TM support page AND signed a petition calling for GZ to be charged....

All that was missing was "Are these magic grits?".....IMHO
    LOLing @ magic grits.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion but not to his own facts. --Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Okay, I am watching the HOA president... Should I skip this part or does it get better? (falling asleep)
    "I love you to the moon and back!"
    My Daughter, Emma Grace
    June 5, 2001 - April 22, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
    I think these threads have been well behaved for the most part and I commend all the posters, this is a high emotion case and there are a substantial number of posters on both sides of the fence which I would think is fairly unusual for WS.

I have noticed though that so far (it's been early though), a majority of the conversation throughout the day has very little to do with what is actually being said in the courtroom. It's not like there are a ton of sidebars so I don't see why the conversation doesn't steer more to what the witnesses are saying. At least that's been my personal observation.
    I noticed that too but think it will as the trial goes on. Right now everyone who has followed the case is just getting their initial views out in general because the thread has only just opened!

Late start this am?

Page 1 of 84 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast