The Incinerator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Chilling new details in the mysterious Tim Bosma homicide

When the man placed an order for a portable livestock incinerator last summer, he asked all the usual questions about the device’s size and fuel source. Soon after, the unit was shipped for about $15,000.
snip***

But based on their Internet footprints, they appear to be friends, each travelling a winding path that sometimes took dark turns
snip***

Mr. Millard attended the prestigious Toronto French School but left after Grade 10. He studied 3D games animation at Humber College in 2002 but was once “caught red-handed” plagiarizing the work of his classmates, according to a source at the college.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...rge-in-mysterious-bosma-case/article12757899/

Much more at link^

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...National+(The+Globe+and+Mail+-+National+News)

Looking a little more sinister as more news comes out.....:jail:

Looks like a simple recap to me. Nothing of substance there really. There are obviously animals on farmland. I lived on a farm for a while and the amount of critters is phenomenal. The usual raccoons, skunks, coyotes ( even dead ones). Can be a real headache at times. Just trying to be rid of dead skunks is a pain.... and the stench is vile even when dead. JMO/MOO

Looks like a simple recap to me. Nothing of substance there really. There are obviously animals on farmland. I lived on a farm for a while and the amount of critters is phenomenal. The usual raccoons, skunks, coyotes ( even dead ones). Can be a real headache at times. Just trying to be rid of dead skunks is a pain.... and the stench is vile even when dead. JMO/MOO

I also live in the country... on 46 acres....have NEVER had the need for an incinerator, and we have lived here 12 years. We did find a dead raccoon last winter close to the house, simply moved it to the road & called the town to dispose of it, as they won't remove it on private property. We also had an injured deer a few years back that had been hit by a car & was suffering in one of our fields. We called the police, as it wasn't deer hunting season. The police responded, and allowed a friend with a hunting license to put it out of it's misery. We left the remains for the coyotes. I actually didn't even know incinerators existed for the purpose of disposing of animals, until this case. We have had chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, alpacas & quite a few dogs. When they died we simply dug a hole and buried them, like most normal country folk do.

And I did believe that there was a few things of substance in the article:

The Ontario buyer said he wanted to dispose of dead farm animals.

After Mr. Millard bought the bucolic plot of land south of Kitchener in May, 2011, neighbours said livestock were never seen on the property. “There was definitely no animals there,” said Tom Sherk, who drives past the farm every day.

Since police seized the incinerator from Mr. Millard’s farm, investigators have been in regular contact with both Mr. Penner and SuperNova Manufacturing in Georgia. Tim Cook, a manager there, said police asked “how it operates and how long it takes for cremation and things like that.”

This is the first time I've actually read proof that LE seem to think that the incinerator was used for things other than farm animals. I don't believe they were asking in regards to DM using it to dispose of dead farm animals. It seems to me LE believes the incinerator had been used for something... MOO

I also live in the country... on 46 acres....have NEVER had the need for an incinerator, and we have lived here 12 years. We did find a dead raccoon last winter close to the house, simply moved it to the road & called the town to dispose of it, as they won't remove it on private property. We also had an injured deer a few years back that had been hit by a car & was suffering in one of our fields. We called the police, as it wasn't deer hunting season. The police responded, and allowed a friend with a hunting license to put it out of it's misery. We left the remains for the coyotes. I actually didn't even know incinerators existed for the purpose of disposing of animals, until this case. We have had chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, alpacas & quite a few dogs. When they died we simply dug a hole and buried them, like most normal country folk do.

And I did believe that there was a few things of substance in the article:

This is the first time I've actually read proof that LE seem to think that the incinerator was used for things other than farm animals. I don't believe they were asking in regards to DM using it to dispose of dead farm animals. It seems to me LE believes the incinerator had been used for something... MOO

They may have assumed it was used for something other than farmland animals... but they don't seem to have come up with any proof do they? perhaps you may have a link that sheds more light on the matter. Could you post anything that suggests they have such proof if you have it or find it please?

Sounds like you are a farm girl, but apparently DM is not a farm boy...hence this is MOO that maybe he bought an incinerator to do a job that farm families would have dealt with in a different way. I wish I had had an incinerator when I lived at a farm, as dead animals are not healthy IMO. Bloated dead raccoons with maggots crawling out of them is quite the sight. Especially if raccoon is pregnant !!! I actually would hesitate to put dead animals at the roadside myself ( they often fall apart when moved too far creating a mess like no other)...for fear of attracting other creatures looking for a meal.... so in reality we would all do things somewhat differently it seems. MOO

They may have assumed it was used for something other than farmland animals... but they don't seem to have come up with any proof do they? perhaps you may have a link that sheds more light on the matter. Could you post anything that suggests they have such proof if you have it or find it please?

Sounds like you are a farm girl, but apparently DM is not a farm boy...hence this is MOO that maybe he bought an incinerator to do a job that farm families would have dealt with in a different way. I wish I had had an incinerator when I lived at a farm, as dead animals are not healthy IMO. Bloated dead raccoons with maggots crawling out of them is quite the sight. Especially if pregnant !!! I actually would hesitate to put dead animals at the roadside myself ( they often fall apart when moved too far creating a mess like no other)...for fear of attracting other creatures looking for a meal.... so in reality we would all do things somewhat differently it seems. MOO

Sorry Blomquist, I don't have any proof that LE "assumed" it was used for something other than farm animals, as there is a publication ban. We are then forced to try to put the pieces of the puzzle together from what information we get from MSM.

I do believe $15,000 is a lot of money to invest in an incinerator for the purpose of incinerating animals - when you haven't even purchased the animals to incinerate yet! MOO:moo:

When the man placed an order for a portable livestock incinerator last summer, he asked all the usual questions about the device’s size and fuel source. Soon after, the unit was shipped for about $15,000

MOO :moo:

Sorry Blomquist, I don't have any proof that LE "assumed" it was used for something other than farm animals, as there is a publication ban. We are then forced to try to put the pieces of the puzzle together from what information we get from MSM.

I do believe $15,000 is a lot of money to invest in an incinerator for the purpose of incinerating animals - when you haven't even purchased the animals to incinerate yet! MOO:moo:

MOO :moo:

I am talking about raccoons, skunks and other critters that often cause mayhem on farmland... we don't need to buy them, they freely roam all farmland. I am also trying to put the puzzle pieces together and I don't see the connection between an incinerator bought in 2012 to a murder in 2013. I appreciate that others may connect dots differently to myself.... JIMHO I think the matter of the incinerator is erroneous. I am even doubtful that this 'burning' took place at the farmland belonging to TB. With such watchful neighbors close to farm I would have thought they would have noticed loud or 'busy' activity at DM's place if said incinerator had been used for TB. They were obviously close enough to get a very good photo of it (if the photo posted on here is the actual machinery in question) Do we know if they took the pic from a distance or did they actually walk/drive onto DM's property to get a closer look? Was there any MSM about this?

Does it not seem way beyond sinister that a city boy with a piece of farmland that has no livestock, doesn't even live there, owns an incinerator that cost $15000.00 and it is purchased around the same time LB goes missing and TB's body is burned beyond recognition. I can't believe LE hasn't turned that farm upside down, ripped that barn apart, had out tracking dogs doing whatever it takes. I just shake my head, what am I missing about police work. Have I lived in a bubble all my life.? I just don`t get it. Have they done any dredging of the swamp? Am I the only one on this earth that feels 4 days of digging some holes is adequate? How big is the farm? Have they searched everywhere? Just a little frustrated here.

Does it not seem way beyond sinister that a city boy with a piece of farmland that has no livestock, doesn't even live there, owns an incinerator that cost $15000.00 and it is purchased around the same time LB goes missing and TB's body is burned beyond recognition. I can't believe LE hasn't turned that farm upside down, ripped that barn apart, had out tracking dogs doing whatever it takes. I just shake my head, what am I missing about police work. Have I lived in a bubble all my life.? I just don`t get it. Have they done any dredging of the swamp? Am I the only one on this earth that feels 4 days of digging some holes is adequate? How big is the farm? Have they searched everywhere? Just a little frustrated here.
No not to me. I believe the realtor said he had planned to build a home on the land. Buying an incinerator may have been a step to remove any dead carcasses and also unwanted brush etc. I dont suppose the incinerator was solely for animals... wood/trees/junk etc would be a possibly tossed into an incinerator also.. Being a large model he could have been wanting it to clear a host of things to make ready for building. $15000 to DM would be like $1500 to most people or even possibly $15 to some.... DM is wealthy...$15,000 is pocket change IMO.

Tracker dogs would have probably found more than LE tbh..... but it seems they have not found anything...but we shall see.

There is always the possibilty that they are 'barking up the wrong tree' pardon the pun but what if someone else is involved...and they are nowhere near the farm in Ayr???

I empathize with your frustration..... maybe not in the same way... but when things are not becoming clear it is quite frustrating..... especially where justice is concerned. JMO/MOO

Also regarding this incinerator, I am going to assume that in order to burn anything, that you would be using propane. Who delivered the propane and when and how many times was the propane filled? I am assuming the propane would have to be delivered by truck, and what would the driver have been thinking when these two bozos were there to pay him. Oh uh duh, yeah we are thinking about getting some sheep.
Or if they were using electricity to heat it up, subpoena the hydro records as there would be one hell of a spike in usage when they plugged it in.

Originally Posted by Blomquist View Post

I'm sure any evidence gathered by the police will not be publicised until the trial, so it would be very difficult to provide proof, obviously. So you will probably have to wait until the trial to have light shed on the matter. IMHO

I dunno, I grew up in the country, experienced both farm and wild animals and there is absolutely no need for an incinerator of this type unless you have e.g., 10k chickens where 3-4 are dying a day.

Totally ridiculous to think a private individual would have any use for the thing. The sun also quoted that the model was the SN250. Keep in mind the hatch is 12" x 20" and the volume is 12 cu ft so it is not big enough to handle brush, and why would you just not burn brush instead of trying to cram it into a little incinerator?

There is no such thing as complete combustion. If it was used on anything, the incinerator will likely have evidence of it in solids or as condensates in the flue gas/chimney area.

Personally I know several farmers and ranchers in Ontario that raise pigs, sheep, dairy cattle and chickens on numerous properties. The smallest 100 acres the two largest 5k acres.

I don't know the exact total animal count but it's in the 100s of thousands of sheep,chicken, pigs, cattle, etc.

Not one has an incinerator.

Most compost and sell it by the dump truck load to the spinach and mushroom farms.

DM had several kinds of "digging" equipment on the farm and had the ability to have "buried" anything from a field mouse to pregnant whale. Much more work to use an incinerator.

Lot less smell too. Burning bodies smell bad to the neighbors, burying them wouldn't.

JMO

There was a deer stand located on the property which would seem to indicate at some point the property was a good hunting ground (unless we can think of some other nefarious purpose for such an item).

There is no such thing as complete combustion. If it was used on anything, the incinerator will likely have evidence of it in solids or as condensates in the flue gas/chimney area.

Personally I know several farmers and ranchers in Ontario that raise pigs, sheep, dairy cattle and chickens on numerous properties. The smallest 100 acres the two largest 5k acres.

I don't know the exact total animal count but it's in the 100s of thousands of sheep,chicken, pigs, cattle, etc.

Not one has an incinerator.

Most compost and sell it by the dump truck load to the spinach and mushroom farms.

DM had several kinds of "digging" equipment on the farm and had the ability to have "buried" anything from a field mouse to pregnant whale. Much more work to use an incinerator.

Lot less smell too. Burning bodies smell bad to the neighbors, burying them wouldn't.

JMO

Don't know for sure, but once you get it up to the right temperature, are you sure it would smell. I am not a chemist, but when you are burning at a high temperature, is there a smell?

While Hamilton Police have offered few details, the incinerator provides a haunting glimpse into the evidence. Typically used by poultry farmers, the SuperNova SN500 model holds 500 pounds of waste and burns 125 pounds an hour at temperatures up to 871 C. An employee of the Millard family’s aviation company, Millardair, handled the transaction around July of last year, Mr. Penner said.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...rge-in-mysterious-bosma-case/article12757899/

I don't remember the 500 pounds figure before. Obviously he didn't have 500lbs of dead raccoons.

The fact that LE seized the incinerator, but not other pieces of equipment like the wood chipper, also seems pretty telling.

Don't know for sure, but once you get it up to the right temperature, are you sure it would smell. I am not a chemist, but when you are burning at a high temperature, is there a smell?

There would be an odor, not necessarily overpowering or detectable over a great distance. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong