06-25-2013, 10:27 PM #1
New Time 11:30 PM EASTERN Tonight True Crime Radio Questions Only Thread
FOR TONIGHT ONLY THE SHOW WITH SHERYL MCCOLLUM WILL START AT 11:30 PM EASTERN TIME.
SHERYL AND HER STUDENTS FROM THE COLD CASE INVESTIGATIVE RESEARCH INSTITUTE WILL BE ON "AFTER DARK" ON HLN TONIGHT 10 PM EASTERN.
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN LIVE TONIGHT 11:30 PM EASTERN
PLEASE POST QUESTIONS FOR TONIGHT'S SHOW WITH SHERYL MCCOLLUM. QUESTIONS ONLY. NO DISCUSSION
Last edited by Tricia; 06-26-2013 at 08:41 PM.
06-26-2013, 04:53 PM #2Registered User
- Join Date
- Apr 2013
During todays testimony of Dee Dee, witness #8, she stated that she was not his girlfriend but that he did have a girlfriend that used her phone to text Trayvon because his true girlfriend did not have a phone. Did anyone ever interview his true girlfriend? Is it possible that Trayvon was really talking to his true girlfriend that night and not Dee Dee? The witness seemed reluctant to testify even with the Martin's attorney.
Last edited by trudy; 06-26-2013 at 06:09 PM.
06-26-2013, 05:35 PM #3Registered User
- Join Date
- Dec 2009
- Paradise AKA San Diego, CA
It seems as though West is heading in the direction that Rachel changed her story regarding 1. whether or not it was TM's voice screaming for help and 2. what GZ said to TM after TM asked GZ why he was following him.
Even if West succeeds in proving that her story changed on these two points, how does that corroborate GZ's account of TM circling around and confronting/punching him? Will the DT try to argue that because her story changed on these two issues, she could have made the whole conversation up?Be kind, for everyone is fighting a great battle.
My favorite song ever -->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihUIPlLw2ZE
06-26-2013, 08:04 PM #4
1) Is it legal and fair for the judge to allow the state to introduce prior 911 calls of Zimmerman into the courtroom in order to establish Zimmerman's "state of mind" and "character" on the night of Martin's shooting, but NOT allow the defense to do the same by showing Martin's text/twitter pics/messages and MMA-fight videos?
2) If we can believe Martin's friend's testimony, was it racist for Martin to use the slur "cracker" and "nxgga" to refer to Zimmerman?
3) Is it considered perjury if a witness states in court that while being deposed, they didn't take the deposition seriously and made whimsical, cavalier statements that weren't necessarily accurate or true?
4) Why doesn't the judge admonish a witness who is blatantly disrespectful to the court and lawyers (of either side)?
Last edited by bourne; 06-26-2013 at 08:39 PM.
06-26-2013, 11:30 PM #5
1. Can you please explain the difference between Stand Your Ground and self-defense? That self-defense (any defense other than deadly force used in fear of life/great bodily harm) carries a duty to retreat? I see a lot of people saying that Martin hitting Zimmerman was okay because he was afraid of him - but doesn't Martin have a duty to retreat unless he felt he was going to be killed or grievously injured?
2. Do you think it's significant that DeeDee left out the "Get off me" part of the phone call until later depositions? In her first interview that was published on ABC, there was no mention of that dialogue, but later she starts including it. Under oath, isn't she obligated to tell the whole truth?
06-27-2013, 12:14 AM #6
where would I find the normal discussion thread where we might be able to post? I can delete this post (since i'm kind of in the wrong place to ask!) i just went in circles a bit, but maybe I saw it and we are not discussing that case? Or I am confused as usualStephanie Hart, P.I.
06-27-2013, 12:25 AM #7
06-27-2013, 12:35 AM #8
Does it matter if TM's girlfriend is not the brightest color in the crayola box?
I don't think so. We are dealing with teenagers here, not adults."One man's logic is another man's crazy" - Rossi (Criminal Minds)
06-27-2013, 12:36 AM #9
By Tricia in forum George Zimmerman Trial/Trayvon MartinReplies: 17Last Post: 06-25-2013, 10:06 PM
By Tricia in forum True Crime RadioReplies: 2Last Post: 12-30-2012, 09:24 PM
By Tricia in forum Kathleen SavioReplies: 1Last Post: 08-12-2012, 08:23 PM