1434 users online (269 members and 1165 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Imo, GMH's Deadly Run Movie; Hunting Humans, script was based on AK Serial Killer Robert Hansen. Imo, GMH was an emulator of serial killers prior. GMH loved to read. He was reading encyclopedias at age 4 years old according to his mother.. Guess, he graduated to serial killer novels later. A UCSO GA, Lt. said, 'GMH had campsites all over these north ga mountains and we will never know how many victims he is responsible for'..

A movie based on the investigation of AK Serial Killer Robert Hansen; 'The Frozen Ground' will be released July 19/2013;

'The Frozen Ground' New Trailer: Vanessa Hudgens' Dark Role As A Hunted Prostitute (VIDEO)

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...n_3565619.html
    Last edited by Foxfire; 07-12-2013 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MnkeyBznes View Post
    TMM, I also live in the N Ga Mountains and I believe every word you are saying. I have seen behavior similar to what you describe in some of the people around here. The only thing I would say is be cautious who you contact in regards to this. Make sure it is someone you can trust. The "Good Ole Boy" network is alive and well in these mountains.
    What I mean is that if there are locals that you think may be involved I would go to the GBI rather than the local sheriff. I have seen things in my county with local LE letting people they know get by with stuff that should have sent them to prison for years.
    All my posts are MHO!

Bumping....

Welcome TMM! I lived in Ball Ground from 2009-2012 and now live only 20 mins from there. I still have friends up that way and go up there from time to time. I am sure I know where this place is as Ball Ground is such a small town (only 1 traffic light!). I would love to help however I can!

On the subject of Levi Frady, when they found Emerson's body in the Dawson N'tl Forest I immediately thought Hilton was responsible for Frady. I think the suspect sketch for Frady is a dead ringer for a younger Hilton and IMO Levi probably just got in Hilton's way somehow so he shot him.

Also, the Regions bank ATM he tried Emerson's card at is located in Canton off of Hwy 5 which as you know runs north right into Ball Ground, a straight shot. IMO Hilton was very familiar with those rural areas.
    Last edited by georgiagirl; 07-19-2013 at 09:54 AM. Reason: to add
    The above post is as always MY OPINION ONLY!

Edit of my above comment to themysterymachine;

Your friend Trevor McFarland, went hunting on Burnt Mountain with 2 friends(T. Heath & G. Godfrey). Trevor, never came out of the woods, but his two friends did.

Deadly Run Movie Trailer- Hunting Humans..

http://www.filmannex.com/movie/deadly-run/17019
    Deadly Run Trailers by David Heavener Entertainment. ... Charles Samuel Rael Donald Farmer; Actors: Danny Fendley (In The Heat Of The Night) Amy Bush David Jacob Ryde

Serial Killer Gary Hilton(GA-2008) emulated AK serial killer R Hansen, going so far as to help write the script for a B movie released in 1994; 'Deadly Run'; Hunting Humans, produced by Sam Rael; Hilton's defense attorney..

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/03...vie/index.html

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- When attorney-turned-movie producer Samuel Rael decided he wanted to make a film about a serial killer in 1995, it was former legal client Gary Michael Hilton who he says came up with the plot.

art.hilton.rael.jpg
    Gary Hilton, left, and Samuel Rael in an undated photo given to CNN by Rael.

Rael's adviser was the same Gary Hilton who confessed in January to killing 24-year-old Meredith Emerson in the North Georgia mountains and is the prime suspect in the killings of a Florida woman and a North Carolina couple.

Rael claims Hilton thought it would be a good idea to have the killer be out in the woods.

"Go ahead and let some beautiful women out in the woods, and then they could be hunted down like prey," Rael says Hilton told him.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/frozen...161013446.html

'you can't connect the dots, if you don't collect the dots'..
    Last edited by Foxfire; 08-05-2013 at 02:50 PM.

wow, i have been off the board for a while now and didn't know until someone private messaged me that people were still replying-

its so heartening and yes, a little spooky, to hear people piping up with place names that are in my blood- tate ga, amicalola, these places are old home. my family has been in this area since they got off the boat, like i said.

there are so many replies so i am sorry if i cannot get to each one, but thank you for the person who mentioned the info about trevor- i had not heard about that bit re. the sheriff opening the door and letting the guy go-that's depressing. trevor was a decent guy who got mixed up in the wrong crowd. and that meth crowd up there is no joke. that stuff has been rotting out people in those mountains for at least ten years before people really got a chance to realize what was happening. such devastation. my own aunt got addicted to it through her own kids. and she's dead now.

i can provide any and all place names to anyone who would listen. i at one time wanted to write a book or make a docu about this family, but i realized ain't nobody gonna talk about this stuff.

to the guy who mentioned oscar roberts- WOOOOO. now that is a ball ground legend right there. and a dark one. i have never heard anything good about that man. some REAL dark stuff going on there. but no, that isn't the family i am talking about, and i am loathe to repeat the name here. i will say if you grew up in ball ground in the seventies and early eighties, and you saw an old man with a big hat and wearing all black walking the roads, that is the man i am referring to. he was called "uncle", but i won't finish the name. that is the great uncle whose land all this happened on.

if i wanted to talk to someone, who should i talk to? what would be the best course? cause for sure, like someone else mentioned, the hell if i am going to stroll into the ball ground city hall and say i might have some info. there were klansman on that city council in the eighties. i don't truck with that, to say the least. does anyone think this is viable enough to present to the authorities? who should i bring this to?

and thank you, for all the replies. i really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by themysterymachine View Post
    wow, i have been off the board for a while now and didn't know until someone private messaged me that people were still replying-

its so heartening and yes, a little spooky, to hear people piping up with place names that are in my blood- tate ga, amicalola, these places are old home. my family has been in this area since they got off the boat, like i said.

there are so many replies so i am sorry if i cannot get to each one, but thank you for the person who mentioned the info about trevor- i had not heard about that bit re. the sheriff opening the door and letting the guy go-that's depressing. trevor was a decent guy who got mixed up in the wrong crowd. and that meth crowd up there is no joke. that stuff has been rotting out people in those mountains for at least ten years before people really got a chance to realize what was happening. such devastation. my own aunt got addicted to it through her own kids. and she's dead now.

i can provide any and all place names to anyone who would listen. i at one time wanted to write a book or make a docu about this family, but i realized ain't nobody gonna talk about this stuff.

to the guy who mentioned oscar roberts- WOOOOO. now that is a ball ground legend right there. and a dark one. i have never heard anything good about that man. some REAL dark stuff going on there. but no, that isn't the family i am talking about, and i am loathe to repeat the name here. i will say if you grew up in ball ground in the seventies and early eighties, and you saw an old man with a big hat and wearing all black walking the roads, that is the man i am referring to. he was called "uncle", but i won't finish the name. that is the great uncle whose land all this happened on.

if i wanted to talk to someone, who should i talk to? what would be the best course? cause for sure, like someone else mentioned, the hell if i am going to stroll into the ball ground city hall and say i might have some info. there were klansman on that city council in the eighties. i don't truck with that, to say the least. does anyone think this is viable enough to present to the authorities? who should i bring this to?

the mystery machine. there has already been 3 books written about Gary Hilton and 2 dateline episodes/documentaries. I researched & backtracked GMH for 5+ years now. What I found was very tragic/dark..

There is a book written by Charlene Talant Terrell; a friend of mine, she was the sheriff's daughter of Forsyth County, GA & grew up in the old jail. She is in her 70s now.. The book is a walk back in time and is the history of this area; Tate, marble hill, ballground, nelson, etc., before the Cherokees to up about the late 1980s.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Wolfscratch-Wilderness-Backward-Georgia-Settlement/dp/188379319X"]Wolfscratch Wilderness : A Backward Walk in Time in an Old North Georgia Settlement: Charlene Terrell: 9781883793197: Amazon.com: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Yv7I8biJL.@@AMEPARAM@@51Yv7I8biJL[/ame]

New Trailer for the Frozen Ground-Hunting Humans Movie -serial killer R Hansen that GMH wrote the script for his movie about..imo The Movie can now be rented video on demand...

[ame="http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/the-frozen-ground/trailer"]The Frozen Ground Trailer - Trailer Addict@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/61011@@AMEPARAM@@61011[/ame]

The Frozen Ground is based on the true story of Alaskan detective Glenn Flothe (called Sgt. Jack Halcombe in the movie). Halcombe (Nicolas Cage) sets out to end the murderous rampage of Robert Hansen (John Cusack), a serial killer who has silently stalked the streets of Anchorage for more than 13 years. As the bodies of Anchorage women start to add up, Sgt. Halcombe goes on a personal manhunt to find the killer. When 17 year old Cindy Paulson (Vanessa Hudgens) escapes Hansen's unspeakable violence, she believes the law will take him down
    Read more at http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer...4cEeuRAXL9U.99

<sniped BM for focus>
    QUOTE: themysterymachine
    to the guy who mentioned oscar roberts- WOOOOO. now that is a ball ground legend right there. and a dark one. i have never heard anything good about that man. some REAL dark stuff going on there
    (SEE SLIDE SHOW)
    Ball Ground, GA (Cherokee County). Copyright 2007 D. Nelson

The late Oscar Robertson's rock empire occupies several stores, pretty much all of downtown Ball Ground as far as I could tell. A massive collection of rocks and stones ranging from bead size (as seen in the window displays) to large slabs fill buildings, yards and sidewalks, with a few rusty gas pumps thrown in for good measure.

The story goes that Mr. Robertson, also known as "The Rock Man" and a notorious grouch, would sit in his truck for hours guarding his rocks, keeping a close eye on passersby, only occasionally selling a rock or two. Rumors abound of hostile confrontations with unsuspecting tourists, immense amounts of cash well hidden and a brand-new car buried, awaiting his daughter's 16th birthday. He is said to have died a wealthy man worth $ 62 million according to one estimate (aside from accumulating rocks, he had also acquired large tracts of land in Cherokee County).

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/milkaway/1866636714/"]The Rock Man | Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame]

http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...scar+robertson

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    <sniped BM for focus>

(SEE SLIDE SHOW)
    Ball Ground, GA (Cherokee County). Copyright 2007 D. Nelson

The late Oscar Robertson's rock empire occupies several stores, pretty much all of downtown Ball Ground as far as I could tell. A massive collection of rocks and stones ranging from bead size (as seen in the window displays) to large slabs fill buildings, yards and sidewalks, with a few rusty gas pumps thrown in for good measure.

The story goes that Mr. Robertson, also known as "The Rock Man" and a notorious grouch, would sit in his truck for hours guarding his rocks, keeping a close eye on passersby, only occasionally selling a rock or two. Rumors abound of hostile confrontations with unsuspecting tourists, immense amounts of cash well hidden and a brand-new car buried, awaiting his daughter's 16th birthday. He is said to have died a wealthy man worth $ 62 million according to one estimate (aside from accumulating rocks, he had also acquired large tracts of land in Cherokee County).

The Rock Man | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...scar+robertson
    While I lived there I had heard from talk around town that he even put it in his will that his heirs couldn't do anything with his rock shop for so many yrs after his death. Not sure how true that was but he had already passed away when we moved there in 2009 and the rock storefronts just sat there taking up almost one whole side of downtown. It's really bizarre to see.
    The above post is as always MY OPINION ONLY!

I've driven through Ball Ground numerous times and marveled at all the rocks and stones spilling out over the sidewalk, but never knew the story behind them. Thanks for sharing.

It gives me the chills knowing that GMH was traveled the same roads as I did.

Quote Originally Posted by themysterymachine View Post

Tmm, don't be a stranger. I grew up in the Appalachians, and can vouch for a lot of the stories. I'm in Eastern Kentucky though, and I am Cherokee. It' widely known that we have a psychic gift, even though I call it a curse. My little Cherokee mama used to chastise me for calling it that. I would love to hear more! When Caylee Anthony's murderer was found NG, I knew it in advance, by the hawk screaming in protest for injustice.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Also, Jodi Arias, will receive the DP.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

If you go to google Maps & search Gilmer Ferry Rd & Mound St, Ball Ground, GA, Go to Satellite view & Zoom in on the buildings. You will see the stacks of GA Marble that Oscar Robertson; Rock Man, collected, admired, & sold for decades. The marble was Cherokee(white), Creole(gray), and Etowah (pink)

The Tate Marble Mansion in Tate, GA, was built to showcase the very rare pink marble.
    http://homebuilding.thefuntimesguide...k_palace_1.php

The Georgia state flower is Cherokee Rose, state rock is Marble, and the state mineral is Staurolite. O.R. was responsible for getting it designated as the official state mineral of Georgia in 1976 ... also called fairy crosses or fairy stones; Photos: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...ross&FORM=IGRE

“The Legend of the Fairy Cross”
    http://www.oocities.org/heartland/es...6/legends.html

I knew O.R. personally. O.R. was a very eccentric, yet an interesting person. He was an Attorney and the largest individual landowner in GA. He owned virtually the entire business district of Ball Ground & several large tracts in various counties. Most of the buildings were crammed full of marble, crystals, geodes, hand carved life sized dolls, arrowheads, staurolite fairy cross, pottery, antiques, and other native American artifacts, etc..

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...ross&FORM=IGRE

http://pickensblog.blogspot.com/2005...robertson.html

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swP74MuWhLc"]Cherokee Rose - YouTube[/ame]
    Last edited by Foxfire; 12-19-2013 at 01:32 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast