Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
http://q13fox.com/2013/06/04/busty-teen-told-to-cover-up-at-prom/#axzz2XJXpXtJy

Teenage girl told to cover up cleavage at prom or leave
06/04/13
by Steve Kiggins
Reporter

SILVERDALE, Wash. — Staff members at Central Kitsap High School told a busty 17-year-old student to cover up her cleavage at the prom or go home — a move that is under fire by ther students who question if there is a double standard in the dress code.

Read more: http://q13fox.com/2013/06/04/busty-teen-told-to-cover-up-at-prom/#ixzz2XJayJKBk

Were these people never 17 before? :banghead:

This shows her in the dress; http://www.wpxi.com/videos/news/teen-banned-from-prom-for-being-too-busty/v35Zh/

How busty was this girl - they've even removed the video :D

Poor girl, it's embarrassing enough having huge *advertiser censored*, if she wore a shawl it would make her look matronly. I thought she looked fine.

Poor girl, it's embarrassing enough having huge *advertiser censored*, if she wore a shawl it would make her look matronly. I thought she looked fine.

I agree, she looked fine to me. Why are school administrators staring at her chest to begin with?

This one has been around awhile. She wasn't banned for being too busty, she was told to cover up if she wanted to stay because she was pretty much falling out of a dress that was too small. Her family is turning an inappropriate dress into a poor me situation.

I bet she felt beautiful before being told there was something wrong with her dress..

I'd like to see how "appropriate" all the other girls' dresses were, before I decide whether hers was inappropriate or not.

What's sad is her parents not only let her think she was beautiful in a dress that was inappropriate for her size, and age, they encouraged her and are splashing her all through the media. She is a pretty, curvy girl. Her prom is ruined, and had her mom gently guided her to an age and figure appropriate dress, it would have been memorable for far different reasons than it turned out.

She's 17... a hop away from being an adult.

And as I suspected, other girls at the prom wore dresses that were a bit revealing as well, only - they got in.

But the controversy now is that the dress code isn’t applied evenly to everyone. Images of students at the prom posted to Facebook show outfits that other kids say don’t seem to fit the dress code.

“I think there were a lot of girls that were wearing risqué dresses, and they got in,” said Stoeckel.

Seniors say the enforcement of the dress code isn’t uniform — and that policy should change.

Read more: http://q13fox.com/2013/06/04/busty-teen-told-to-cover-up-at-prom/#ixzz2XKszaPRP

Bet they were skinny.

And I bet this girl was just endeavouring to keep up with other girls in slightly skanky dresses who all thought they were beautiful, too.

Maybe rather than singling out this one girl, they should have cancelled the event until -everyone- complied with the rules.

Or just let the girl go to the dance, and put out warnings early for next year's dress code.

"Brittany’s family was too upset to talk about it on camera because, they said, they weren’t prepared for all the media attention the incident is getting."

Bu they are splashing her around in the media?

This one has been around awhile. She wasn't banned for being too busty, she was told to cover up if she wanted to stay because she was pretty much falling out of a dress that was too small. Her family is turning an inappropriate dress into a poor me situation.

Did you see the dress? I see nothing wrong with it. JMO

I thought she looked lovely. Have ya'll seen some of the "prom" dresses teen girl wear wearing now? Some of them look like they were purchased from Fredricks of Hollywood.

She looked very nice, and not tacky or too uncovered. There was no reason she had to over up. Shame on them not enforcing the rules in a more fair and even handed manner!

I did, this first came out back after it happened. I saw video and pictures from all sides.The dress is too small for her. Her flesh is hanging over the top all around and her breasts are about to pop,out. Its too small around the waist. Its a pretty dress if a little too revealing on a teen for my tastes. ifshe had at least worn it in the correct size most likely nothing would have been said. I agree that the dress code should have been enforced for all, however we arent talking about that, just this girl.

I disagree that the dress does not fit her. It fits her just fine. It is not too tight. When a bustier gal opts to wear strapless it needs to fit snugly to prevent the "spillage" referenced above.

She's 17... a hop away from being an adult.

And as I suspected, other girls at the prom wore dresses that were a bit revealing as well, only - they got in.

But the controversy now is that the dress code isn’t applied evenly to everyone. Images of students at the prom posted to Facebook show outfits that other kids say don’t seem to fit the dress code.

“I think there were a lot of girls that were wearing risqué dresses, and they got in,” said Stoeckel.

Seniors say the enforcement of the dress code isn’t uniform — and that policy should change.

Read more: http://q13fox.com/2013/06/04/busty-teen-told-to-cover-up-at-prom/#ixzz2XKszaPRP

Bet they were skinny.

And I bet this girl was just endeavouring to keep up with other girls in slightly skanky dresses who all thought they were beautiful, too.

Maybe rather than singling out this one girl, they should have cancelled the event until -everyone- complied with the rules.

Or just let the girl go to the dance, and put out warnings early for next year's dress code.

"Brittany’s family was too upset to talk about it on camera because, they said, they weren’t prepared for all the media attention the incident is getting."

Bu they are splashing her around in the media?

Other girls at the prom were also given the same option of cover up or go home, it wasn't just this one girl. And those other girls? They covered up and did not go running home to parents that were devastated that their family cannot understand rules and guidelines. Not difficult to figure out that if you speak with the media then you are going to get media attention. Why is this the only family that is in the news and not the girl that chose to wear a shawl or the girl that put on a sweater? Decent parents I would guess.

I thought the dress looked fine, but the video did show a contract that said prom dresses couldn't show cleavage. She definitely was showing some cleavage.

I think the family is making a big deal out of nothing. She should have paid attention to the contract.

I didn't know they make dresses anymore that don't show cleavage. I mean, I guess a church dress but an evening dress?

ETA: take another look at that girl's chest and then show me the dress that she can wear that won't show cleavage.

The thing that sucks is this is a "NO CLEAVAGE ALLOWED" situation.

Girls with small (32-36) A and B cups aren't going to have cleavage unless they are put in an extreme push-up bra, it's just the truth. Meanwhile I have 36Es. I have cleavage popping out of everything except a turtle neck, I have to wear baggy shirts if they aren't V-necks because, like my friend so eloquently put it a few years back: It can cover your breasts or your belly, there's just not enough fabric to choose both.

So no, the cleavage rule isn't fair at all. Hell, some of those girls could go to prom in freaking pasties if they wanted because "Look ma! No cleavage!"

They need to have really solid rules in place and apply them evenly to everyone. Maybe a "It must be less than four/five inches from your collar bone" or something like that. Our school had a "If the skirt goes past your fingertips while you are standing up, you're good."

The thing that sucks is this is a "NO CLEAVAGE ALLOWED" situation.

Girls with small (32-36) A and B cups aren't going to have cleavage unless they are put in an extreme push-up bra, it's just the truth. Meanwhile I have 36Es. I have cleavage popping out of everything except a turtle neck, I have to wear baggy shirts if they aren't V-necks because, like my friend so eloquently put it a few years back: It can cover your breasts or your belly, choose one.

So no, the cleavage rule isn't fair at all. Hell, some of those girls could go to prom in freaking pasties if they wanted because "Look ma! No cleavage!"

They need to have really solid rules in place and apply them evenly to everyone.

ITA. It's basically a rule saying only small chested girls are allowed to wear cute dresses.

I did, this first came out back after it happened. I saw video and pictures from all sides.The dress is too small for her. Her flesh is hanging over the top all around and her breasts are about to pop,out. Its too small around the waist. Its a pretty dress if a little too revealing on a teen for my tastes. ifshe had at least worn it in the correct size most likely nothing would have been said. I agree that the dress code should have been enforced for all, however we arent talking about that, just this girl.

I have to agree the dress was too small and that dress would have looked much better on her if it were the correct size. I don't think the dress would have appeared as too revealing. The incorrect size caused it be as revealing as it was.

I have to agree the dress was too small and that dress would have looked much better on her if it were the correct size. I don't think the dress would have appeared as too revealing. The incorrect size caused it be as revealing as it was.

I think it fit her fine. The fact that there is even disagreement about how it fit her says a lot. Our we now empowering school administrators to decide which girls are and are not allowed to attend prom based on what size dress they think she should buy?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zen1974
Back