GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

summer_breeze

Reaction score
Thank you to Aunt_B for bringing this case to our attention!

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/new...icles/bn9/2013/6/22/amber_alert_issued_f.html

Last Updated: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 6:30 AM

Amber Alert issued for girl, 8, taken from Jacksonville Walmart
charish-amber-alert-0622.jpg

Please continue here. AND remember the following:

1. Dad is OFF LIMITS.

2. Speculation needs to be based on facts. There is a lot of speculation in this thread about child trafficking, drugs, etc. WITHOUT links or any backup from LE or MSM. If you want to go down that road - you need to link it to something.

Here is a link to our rules: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

3. It is in everyone's best interest to read them, because each poster is responsible for following them.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to pm a Mod. Discussing moderation in the threads is against TOS. So send one of us a pm and we will be happy to assist you.

Salem

Media & Timeline Thread

Thread #1

I was trying to reply to the comments regarding the brand new drive to change the laws on offenders in the last thread but it closed and I lost my post!

I mentioned on a thread earlier tonight where a death prompted a move for law reform -- Great news!

But what a pity it took so much suffering for change to get there...

WHY does innocent after innocent have to die before the lawmakers GET that predatory, serial sexual offenders can't be rehabilitated and need harsher sentencing? Why? It's not like there aren't enough examples of paroled serial sex offenders raping someone the moment they get out of jail. It's not --rocket science-- there.

Makes me :stormingmad: endlessly.

I was trying to reply to the comments regarding the brand new drive to change the laws on offenders in the last thread but it closed and I lost my post!

I mentioned on a thread earlier tonight where a death prompted a desire for change -- Great news!

But what a pity it took so much suffering for change to get there...

WHY does innocent after innocent have to die before the lawmakers GET that predatory, serial sexual offenders can't be rehabilitated and need harsher sentencing? Why? It's not like there aren't enough examples of paroled serial sex offenders raping someone the moment they get out of jail. It's not --rocket science-- there.

Makes me :stormingmad: endlessly.

I am kind of skeptical that Cherish's death will lead to any changes because I have noticed that when victims have a law named after them, it was their parents who fought for it. They talked to legislatures, and I have a very hard time seeing Rayne doing that. I don't know about Billy. One exception I can think of is Caylee where her family had nothing to do with getting her law enacted, but it took the massive outrage of the verdict for it even be proposed. Can someone think of another case where the parent(s) of the victim played absolutely no part in getting the law passed? I just think for any law, you need people who are going to passionately fight for it, and who is going to fight harder than the parents of the child?

I too am so sick of these RSO's coming out of prison and re-offending!!! Early media reports claimed that Smith wasn't a predator or a killer. I would have to say that little Cherish knows differently! And I still cannot get over Rayne's choices that evening. It just boggles my mind how this all came about.

sexual likes do not change. im not suddenly going to like women. they used to believe gays could change their preferences with therapy.

i hope that one day sexual predators are just given the dp right away. wishful thinking, i know. ::sigh::

sexual likes do not change. im not suddenly going to like women. they used to believe gays could change their preferences with therapy.

i hope that one day sexual predators are just given the dp right away. wishful thinking, i know. ::sigh::

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/46434.php

https://www.bja.gov/evaluation/program-corrections/sops2.htm

http://oregonsatf.org/about/satf-me...myths-and-misconceptions-about-sex-offenders/

http://www.shsu.edu/~piic/summer2007/lokey.htm

http://www.njep-ipsacourse.org/OrdersOfProtection/DoesSexOffenderTreatmentWork.php

Just some food for thought regarding treatment and sex offenders. I've already given my personal opinion on the subject.

i really recommend the documentary "A place for pedophiles". It's in full on youtube. It's regarding a special CA prison designed JUST for pedophiles. Castration doesn't work... pedophilia is mental not physical and people can't choose to be pedophiles. They can however choose to not break the law, the problem is impulse control JMO

Delayed to 3:50.

Deputy threatened to juggle and sing.

Police is looking for a blue stroller that the mother put in the suspect's van but the stroller wasn't in the van when he was arrested.

Looking for a double (back/front) stroller, older model, probably beat up. Was in van at one point but not when he was taken into custody.

there is no evidence that the mother took the stroller inside the Walmart.

Double stroller that mother put into suspect's van at Dollar General, did not take it out at Wal-Mart, but it was not in the van when suspect was arrested. They are asking the public to look for it, not touch it, etc. No clues given as to where it might be or why they want it, specifically.

Double stroller that mother put into suspect's van at Dollar General, did not take it out at Wal-Mart, but it was not in the van when suspect was arrested. They are asking the public to look for it, not touch it, etc. No clues given as to where it might be or why they want it, specifically.

Maybe the van didn't have evidence of the crime so they are thinking that wherever he dumped the stroller is the possible crime scene for whatever happened to Cherish?

http://www.news4jax.com/news/funera...mily/-/475880/20725544/-/5wsa56z/-/index.html

The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help in finding a stroller investigators believe is a key piece of evidence in the abduction and killing of 8-year-old Cherish Perrywinkle.

Police released two surveillance photos of the stroller that Cherish's family had at a Dollar General. Chief of Investigations Annie Smith said Cherish's mother put the stroller in murder suspect Donald Smith's van when they drove from the Dollar General to a Northside Walmart.

Investigators said the stroller was not in Donald Smith's van the next morning when he was taken into custody.

"Right now we're looking at it as evidence," Annie Smith said. "We know it was in the suspect's van at some point and it was not in his van when he was taken into custody the next morning."

Includes a very grainy picture that I guess is from Dollar General surveillance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv