Police officer in trouble for ticketing doctor on way to deliver baby

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
[font=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica][font=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica]Frantic and disbelieving, Dr. Anthony Chidiac tried to explain to Officer William Lilliston that he had been speeding to get to a patient in the throes of childbirth.

Chidiac's motorcycle had been pulled over in the final block before reaching Holy Cross Hospital, traveling 35 mph in a 25 mph zone. Rather than let the doctor go, Lilliston handcuffed Chidiac and placed him in a patrol car.

[/font]
[/font][font=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica][font=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica] The incident, documented in internal investigation records released Monday, has landed Lilliston in trouble with his bosses, who call his actions "inexcusable."

He faces a 16-day unpaid suspension for his lack of judgment in his treatment of the doctor, as well as an unrelated incident in which investigators say he improperly entered a private residence.

He faces charges of "conduct prejudicial [and/or] disruptive to the good order of the department," among others.

Full Story Here
[/font]
[/font][font=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica][font=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica]
[/font]
[/font]

golfmom said:
Finally someone got an UNPAID suspension!

Yup. I've never understood that "suspended with pay for 30 days" thing. Around these parts, we call that a vacation.

Mabel said:
Yup. I've never understood that "suspended with pay for 30 days" thing. Around these parts, we call that a vacation.

Its union intervention. While I agree that sometimes it seems ridiculous that people get paid when they do something wrong, investigating allegations sometimes takes a while and the person is considered innocent until . . . well, you get the idea. :)

Jeana (DP) said:
Its union intervention. While I agree that sometimes it seems ridiculous that people get paid when they do something wrong, investigating allegations sometimes takes a while and the person is considered innocent until . . . well, you get the idea. :)
I work in a hospital and one of our doctors was called in because of an emergency and the police tried to pull him over but he kept going. He finally had to stop at a light and the police got out with gun drawn - our doctor threw his wallet at him and explained that he was a doctor and was on his way for an emergency.
The police followed him the to hospital and gave him a ticket for speeding, going through a red light, failing to stop for police, and parking in a handicap spot at the hospital.

Lakergirl123 said:
The police followed him the to hospital and gave him a ticket for speeding, going through a red light, failing to stop for police, and parking in a handicap spot at the hospital.

Yes, thats our police alright. Out here in Denver, they are here "to serve and protect".

They will never have to give that patrolman brain surgery.

30 day paid vacation, Mabel, ROFL!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07
Back