WVPD release videotaped interviews of Josh Powell

He seems like he goes into another place at times trying to remember then shakes himself out of that place to answer a question. He surely didn't remember much about his and Susan's life together. It's like his has another world to escape to in his mind let alone what he was up to otherwise.

That sniffing is irratating!

Napping on the couch, no she was sleeping in our bed...around 1:15 or so. So many signs. So many. Sucks.

If you could convict someone on being evasive, lying foot twitching, losing touch with reality and living in a fantasy land he deserved it. If you have witnessed liars, I sure have following cases & trials here, it just jumps out. I've only really seen shorter videos of JP, watching this makes me wish I could have....He made so much up by the seat of his pants.

What was the expert opinions on JP? Mentally wise? Certainly knew right from wrong. What was that pause in his thoughts? It was like it was a different place he visited for short moments? His secret life? Like dad...?

This was an epic fail; josh powell should never have been given contact with the 2 boys. I hope that this case will prompt a more stringent protocol for child custody. I took heat for saying josh was a freak, saw it from the jump, but these videos show it clearly.

There's was another video mentioned on Twitter about the LE confronting Josh with the boys' statements but haven't found that one yet.

There's was another video mentioned on Twitter about the LE confronting Josh with the boys' statements but haven't found that one yet.

I think that may be on the KSL site. If I find it I will post it.

Maybe I was expecting more from the tapes in regards to confronting Josh with what the boys said. It might just be this part of the one tape the tweets were about.

"Here's the thing, because kids are very honest, that's one think I've learned in (my) years of doing this job, that when kids talk to us - we'll listen. Kids are honest. And they never lie, they don't make things up," said Maxwell. "So they're saying they were with you, they were with you. OK? So they say she [Susan Cox Powell] was with you. So I have to believe the kids. So now it's going to be up to us, if you want to help us find her. And help us get to the bottom of what really happened here."
"She was not with us, and if my kids said that," started Powell.
"So your kids lie then? Your kids lie?"
"Sometimes they do. I mean, if they said that she was with us - they know that's not true."

http://mynorthwest.com/646/2304216/...nto-Susans-disappearance#.UcxKNSBS1to.twitter

I do wish they had 'interrogated' him water board style. ;) He'd be singing like a canary. I wonder if he was DID; another Sybil.

I don't know Jacie Estes but he sure had a different life than what he tried to tell. Out hitting hookers, spending money foolishly on his "work", making the family live on nothing, hiding the facts that his father was a perv. He couldn't face the reality of it all honestly. He hid it actually...but those long pauses are confusing unless he was extra slow to come up with a plausible answer.

I don't see any link on either of the articles posted, to the interview tapes...or am I just not seeing it? Did they take them off the site?

I just listened to the interviews on the Cold podcast. After recently seeing the way LE questioned Chris Watts, I’m wondering if any of you who have followed both cases are as struck by the differences as I was? I know JP lawyered up, but it seems like there were some major missteps in this case. The detective never really pushed josh on his lies and inconsistencies. The house apparently was not sealed off and immediately treated like a crime scene. None of them noticed JP leaving the station the night he rented the car and drove 800 miles. It’s so frustrating. I feel if they had been more aggressive, those sweet boys would likely still be alive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back