NC - Kiddie Kollege Summer Camp has convicted child killer, another killer, on staff

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Convicted killers run Raleigh kiddie camp. (abclocal.go.com)
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- Two convicted killers are running a summer day camp for children at a Raleigh University.

One of the women was involved in a high profile manslughter of her husband, a former Carolina Panthers player, and the other was convicted of killing her own child.

The woman who runs the Kiddie Kollege Summer Camp at St. Augustine's University is Doris Bullock, the former Doris Braswell. Bullock was convicted of second-degree murder in the 1981 death of her infant child.

Her assistant is Deidra Gary, formerly Deidra Lane. In 2000, Gary was convicted of killing her husband, Carolina Panthers running back Fred Lane. She pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter in 2003 and was released from prison in 2009.
---
One source told ABC11 that both Bullock and Gary work for the president of the school. The source also said that their roles go beyond administrative and that they work directly with kids.

That source also said that parents who enroll their children in the Kiddie Kollege Summer Camp are not told about the women's backgrounds, and that there is no policy on the hiring of ex-felons.
---
much more, with video, at link above

Holy crap man. I'm from Charlotte and remember the Lane murder clearly. That was very high profile. And holy crap man if that one lady would kill her own kid, why wouldn't she kill someone else's?! What were they thinking hiring them and letting them around kids?!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Convicted killers run Raleigh kiddie camp. (abclocal.go.com)

much more, with video, at link above

Allegedly they worked directly for the president of the school. Now tell me he didn't know! (I wouldn't believe it.)

I wonder if maybe this isn't just the tip of the iceberg? It just seems to me there may be something else going on. Like is he married to one of them? Or did he hire them because he knew they wouldn't turn him in for something? There is something else there, I just feel it.

Allegedly they worked directly for the president of the school. Now tell me he didn't know! (I wouldn't believe it.)

I wonder if maybe this isn't just the tip of the iceberg? It just seems to me there may be something else going on. Like is he married to one of them? Or did he hire them because he knew they wouldn't turn him in for something? There is something else there, I just feel it.

That's exactly what my husband said. Well he wasn't very delicate about it. <modsnip>

Anyways, yeah something crazy for sure. He had to have known this would be a huge ordeal if anyone found out and in NC, many people won't forget her face for a good long while. Different last name or not.

Could he be a bleeding heart type or getting some funding for giving second chances to excons? There was another university mentioned awhile back that hired a female terrorist or murderer. These ex cons must be getting educated in prison then some getting hired by educational systems.

I wonder if these people are even background checked before they are hired. Moo

I wonder if these people are even background checked before they are hired. Moo

Apparently not.

If you are going to the trouble of starting a camp, I find it difficult to imagine that you would choose these two to be associated with the kids in anyway. If only for the reason that when it breaks, your camp will rapidly lose it's membership.

Good Lord.

A partial description of the camp from the university website:

"The Saint Augustine’s University Kiddie Kollege will provide an academic experience that promotes interactive, engaging experiences to extend learning for children ages 5-9. The non-residential camp will provide fun activities that will expose the participants to all academic disciplines and develop leadership skills that will empower students for future academic success.

The program design includes morning instruction in the following disciplines: Hands on Science, Mathematics, Reading and Writing, Computer Literacy, Sign Language and Foreign Language (Spanish/Chinese/Japanese) while the afternoon includes theatre, arts and crafts, music instruction, and physical activities to include swimming, golf, basketball, tennis and dance instruction."

I would like to see or hear the unnamed source come forward and tell or explain precisely how either of the two women being accused of having served time in prison and now are having direct contact with the children.

Braswell (now Bullock) has worked at the University for 12 years and a cursory search turns up no infants on the campus having been killed during that time.

The ad shown on the ABC video says all classes are taught by University professors. So, unless either of the two women is also a professor at the University, it is unlikely they are directly involved with the morning teaching of the 5 to 9 year olds. This just another witch hunt, imo.

By the way, "Saint Augustine’s University, established in 1867, is a four-year historically black university in Raleigh, N.C. With an average annual enrollment of 1,500, the University offers 30 undergraduate degree programs in five academic divisions. Saint Augustine’s University is accredited by the Commission on Universitys of the Southern Association of Universitys and Schools."

The women served their time for the crimes they committed.

The comment above about the women needing kneepads is so offensive, it leaves me speechless.

I'm all for giving people second chances after they've served their time...if they've shown themselves to be rehabilitated. But we have an obligation to protect the innocent at the same time, should the offenders NOT be rehabilitated. IMO this is NOT the proper venue for giving these two people a second chance. And I can't believe I even had to type that! But we are talking about a university, and universities are cesspools of favoritism.

What's up next? Sandusky will be hired as camp director?

A partial description of the camp from the university website:

"The Saint Augustine&#8217;s University Kiddie Kollege will provide an academic experience that promotes interactive, engaging experiences to extend learning for children ages 5-9. The non-residential camp will provide fun activities that will expose the participants to all academic disciplines and develop leadership skills that will empower students for future academic success.

The program design includes morning instruction in the following disciplines: Hands on Science, Mathematics, Reading and Writing, Computer Literacy, Sign Language and Foreign Language (Spanish/Chinese/Japanese) while the afternoon includes theatre, arts and crafts, music instruction, and physical activities to include swimming, golf, basketball, tennis and dance instruction."

I would like to see or hear the unnamed source come forward and tell or explain precisely how either of the two women being accused of having served time in prison and now are having direct contact with the children.

Braswell (now Bullock) has worked at the University for 12 years and a cursory search turns up no infants on the campus having been killed during that time.

The ad shown on the ABC video says all classes are taught by University professors. So, unless either of the two women is also a professor at the University, it is unlikely they are directly involved with the morning teaching of the 5 to 9 year olds. This just another witch hunt, imo.

By the way, "Saint Augustine&#8217;s University, established in 1867, is a four-year historically black university in Raleigh, N.C. With an average annual enrollment of 1,500, the University offers 30 undergraduate degree programs in five academic divisions. Saint Augustine&#8217;s University is accredited by the Commission on Universitys of the Southern Association of Universitys and Schools."

The women served their time for the crimes they committed.

The comment above about the women needing kneepads is so offensive, it leaves me speechless.

I apologize that you were offended. It was ugly to say. I just couldn't figure out why two ex cons accused of what they were accused of had access to children and it shouldn't have been shared here.

Served their time or not, it does make me uncomfortable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back