931 users online (174 members and 757 guests)  

Websleuths News

KY - Mom Talks About Alleged Daycare Abuse

A Covington daycare center remains closed after allegations that a teacher abused a baby boy.

The mother of the alleged victim, a nine-and-a-half-month-old boy, says she wasn't told of the incident right away and now she's sharing her frustrations with 9News.

"At first I was scared and then when I found out that everything was okay now I'm very, very, very, very mad. Very angry," said mother Emily Burke.

Burke says she wasn't told of the alleged abuse until 24-hours after it happened.

"There was one teacher that was witnessed picking my child up by the shoulders and shaking him and yelling in his face to shut up. Then, once he didn't, the teacher took him over to the sink and put his head under the running faucet water -- repeatedly asking him 'is this going to shut you up now?'" Burke told 9News.

Burke's son is doing fine after the alleged abuse.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2005/local/03/29/abuse.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

How horrible! It makes me sick to hear of things like this. He was 9 months old for pete's sake, babies cry.She should have been fired as soon as she shook the baby, she shouldnt even have been around to stick the poor things face under the water.

Quote Originally Posted by teonspaleprincess
    How horrible! It makes me sick to hear of things like this. He was 9 months old for pete's sake, babies cry.She should have been fired as soon as she shook the baby, she shouldnt even have been around to stick the poor things face under the water.
    The woman who was allegedly responsible for the abuse has been fired, 9News has learned.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2005/local/03/29/abuse.html

The woman was fired. But what mom is so upset about is that she did not hear about this till the next day. Kentucky officals were also concerned because it wasn't reported to them promptly. It was reported, just not in a timely manner.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I saw that she was fired, but I think she should have been fired after the shaking incident, if she had, then she wouldn't have been around to stick him under the water.

how about we all head over there and do the same to the teacher!!! ANYONE?? These people - why do they even want to work with children if they have such HATE IN THEM??????????

Poor baby.

That poor baby,she is a stronger woman than me,cause I would find that person that did that to my child and it wouldn't be pretty.Another woman I post with at another board,her daughter was killed by a babysitter that shook her to death,it is just so sad that you can trust who watches your kids.