Australia Australia - Monique Clubb, 24, Brisbane, 22 June 2013

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
Missing woman, Brisbane

June 29, 2013 at 4:28 pm

Police are seeking public assistance to help locate a 24-year-old woman reported missing in the Brisbane area.
Monique Clubb (pictured) left a residence at Hervey Bay on June 20 to travel to Brisbane.
She made contact with family on Saturday June 22 while in Brisbane but has not made contact with family or friends since.
Police hold concerns for her well being as it is out of character for her not to stay in contact with family.
It is believed the woman may still be in the Brisbane or Caboolture areas.

She is described as being Aboriginal, approximately 170cm tall with a slim build, brown hair and brown eyes.

Anyone with information which could assist with this matter should contact Crime Stoppers anonymously via 1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au 24hrs a day..

Missing.jpg

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2013/06/29/missing-woman-brisbane/

It would be helpful to know which area of Brisbane she was last seen in.

Or who she was with.

Monique's FB. Not a lot to see.
https://www.facebook.com/monique.clubb

From the quick look I had it seems her family are starting to spread the word a bit. If she is around, word should spread pretty quickly that family are looking for her. The Indigenous community/family is far reaching in my own personal experience. Everyone knows everyone or at least knows the family name. I can see FB relationships with several names that I recognise as Indigenous familiy names.

Someone will know who she was last with, and what she was doing. Then we will know where to start.

:moo::moo:

I hope people remember to spread the word about free phone calls.

Only 1800 Reverse lets you call reverse charge from out-of-credit Telstra, Vodafone, Optus and Virgin mobiles. It’s quick and easy and there’s no registration or opt-in needed. Get connected to mobiles and home phones 24-7.

1. Dial '1800-R-E-V-E-R-S-E' anytime – that’s 1800-7383773

2. Enter the mobile or home number you wish to call and when asked, record your name

3. Wait on the line while your call is attempted. If it’s accepted, you’re connected!

http://m.1800reverse.com.au/how-it-works

This is about the only new thing I can find this morning.

http://www.frasercoastchronicle.com...-post-messages-facebook-missing-woma/1927479/

I did find some background info for Monique. I have chosen not to post it here for the family's privacy. It may or may not even be relevant. But to me, it really brings home how unusual it is for this lady not to be in contact with her family. If they are worried enough to report her missing to police then this is VERY out of character for her.

Someone knows where she was and who she was with. They just need to ask the right people.

:moo::moo:

Oh gosh, not another Aussie woman missing. My heart sinks every time I see "Australia" in a topic header.

Hoping Monique's okay and home to her family soon.

I wonder if they have footage of her at Beenleigh train station, and that's why her Mum thinks she made it that far.

Actually, I wonder if police have even looked tbh. I know I haven't seen any updates from QPS asking if anyone saw her there or on the train.

I saw some family on the Gold Coast. Maybe Monique was headed to see them.

:moo:

^ I had the same thought, oz.

The panic her family is in is surely enough to indicate that Monique isn't the type to vanish with no word at all so, ergo, something must be wrong.

The record stuff makes me more afraid for her, rather than less...

Yeah, I don't have a good feeling, either. I hope I'm wrong.

I wonder if the family have thought to contact ATSILS, the Aboriginal legal service. They might be able to liaise with police on their behalf, and get some action.

:moo:

:( I fear you're right, ozgirl, that not enough resources are being used to find her. I haven't seen anything outside Websleuths about Monique.

Brisbane Times
12/07/13, 1:11 PM

Meanwhile, police have renewed an appeal for a missing 24 year old woman to come forward, after she was sighted in Brisbane in the past few days.

Monique Clubb left a Hervey Bay residence on June 20 to travel to Brisbane and last made contact with her family on June 22.

Police hold concerns for her wellbeing as they say it is out of character for her not to stay in contact with family.

http://m.brisbanetimes.com.au/queen...al-to-find-missing-family-20130712-2puhb.html

Phew! I hope it -was- her who was spotted..

And if that was her, I have to wonder if she's in hiding.. why would a girl so close to her family put them through all this worry, if she wasn't in some serious trouble of one sort or other.. ?

Phew! I hope it -was- her who was spotted..

And if that was her, I have to wonder if she's in hiding.. why would a girl so close to her family put them through all this worry, if she wasn't in some serious trouble of one sort or other.. ?

I hope the sighting was legitimate as well.

I wonder if she just needs some reassurance that she's not in any trouble or anything if she contacts the police to say she is OK. I wondered if she had lost her phone and doesn't know any of the phone numbers.

Where ever she is, I hope she is OK.

Families still looking for missing loved ones

[snip]

More recently, Point Vernon woman Monique Clubb disappeared after catching a train to Beenleigh in June.

She called a friend to let her know she was coming and that was the last time anyone heard from her.

Monique's family has been trying to contact her since she disappeared, leaving messages on her Facebook page and trying to contact her by phone.

More: http://www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/news/families-still-looking/1965234/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back