1141 users online (212 members and 929 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SoCA: Notes from a Heatwave

I couldn't sleep last night - when I checked the weather, it was 82* at 1:15 am.

Right now, at 1:30 Saturday afternoon, it's already 101*, and it's not at the 'hot' time of the day - that will be somewhere around 4:30-5 or 6.

I have clay light colored tiles outside the back door in a patio like conformation. The dogs can't walk on them...they're too hot.

There is some speculation that this will be the hottest late June here in a long, long time...they're talking about closing the airport to light traffic because the asphalt is getting sticky. Same with a few roads.

Blah. Lots of water...for me and the critters. No dog park, shoot...not even much outside time for them (or me) today. Too hot.

Best-
    Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

Be God's Light. Be God's love. Be an answered prayer. Be God's Door.

Geez Herding Cats...asphalt is melting that's bad. I'll bet the pools there are too hot to swim comfortably. We got a small kiddie pool because if one of the dogs gets too hot outside will come in and jump into the dog water bowl! With the kiddie pool he will jump into it instead.

When the temperature remains above 80 degrees at night it causes stress on the body and is awful. We have a decent AC central air but extreme temps above 100 in the day and 80 at night does not really cool the house as much as we'd like.

Trying to send cool breezes and lower temperature your way.
    -
    My opinion and nothing but my opinion.

Tor:Con Index link below. Will show you the probability of a tornado happening in your area.
    http://www.weather.com/news/tornado-torcon-index

FEMA's link for Emergency Supplies list below or what you need to survive for three days in case help is not immediately available to you.
    http://www.ready.gov/document/family-supply-list

You can also purchase a weather radio which will inform you of severe weather even if your electricity goes out. Runs on batteries of course.

It was 103 here this afternoon. My dog is sound asleep right smack in front of the fan. And my DH is sound asleep on the couch. LOL
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

LOL, that's pretty toasty, Katy...however, we not only set a record high here (106*), we set a record high overnight last night - 74*.

And tomorrow, it should be even hotter. We're anticipating probably 110*.

And folks, this is NOT our traditional hot season. That comes more in August. This is just the beginning of a nasty, nasty summer. Even Romi (who has learned to love being in his backyard snoozing in the sun) is not going outside unless he has to pee...

Blah. I gave my mailman two bottles of water, the UPS guy 3. No one gets dehydrated on my watch!

This, ladies and gents, is stupid-hot.

Best-
    Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

The heat has also been on hell here in So. Texas! Currently 104 @ 8:30 pm, but I'm from WI. so maybe I'm just a wimp? The people that live here tell me, that I ain't felt nothin yet!
    "It seems our profound fascination with serial killers is matched by an equally profound lack of interest in their victims." - Vanessa Veselka

http://stoptheviolencemilwaukee.blogspot.com/

"This is a wonderful day. I have never seen this one ever before." Dr. Maya Angelou

F.L.Y. First love yourself!

My DD lives in Santa Monica so we invited ourselves over to her house for tomorrow. I think it was only in the 80's there today, with the ocean breeze. I have to bring her groceries in exchange for our visit though. lol

It got up to 106 here today in No. CA. DD and her friends and the dog thought the pool was great today!!! Of course, our pool has no heating.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Justiceforever View Post
    The heat has also been on hell here in So. Texas! Currently 104 @ 8:30 pm, but I'm from WI. so maybe I'm just a wimp? The people that live here tell me, that I ain't felt nothin yet!
    Nah, that's only wimpy for Phoenix!!!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

We hit 111 today. Ahhhhh......summer in the high desert!

It is SO hot!! 82 at midnight still and I swear today felt humid. There's a big Church carnival happening this weekend and DH and I promised to little one we would take her. I pushed it back as far as possible but was still well in to the high 90s when we finally got there at 7pm. It was pretty miserable but she had a blast and the fried food lessened the blow a bit for me

4 am: 78*
    8 am: 80*

Nasty, and yes, Kaliste, humid too.

Today is supposed to be hotter than yesterday, too. Tomorrow should be cooler, although at 100* not so much LOL. By the end of the week, hopefully, we will be down to a decent high 80s.

Until then, it's hiding time...

Best-
    Herding Cats

ETA: 92* w/ 39% humidity...at 11 am. Sigh.
    Last edited by Herding Cats; 06-30-2013 at 01:45 PM.

Wink

Today it's a balmy 97 degrees! Positively refreshing compared to yesterday, but I did get out and get some yardwork done when it was still in the 80's at 9:30 this morning!

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

It is 104 right now. uugghhhhhh

We hit 114 today. Low tonight should be in the low to mid 80's. Can't wait for the sun to go down!

LD, know what's weird? This weather.

It's 87* right now - overcast. It doesn't even feel like it's 87*. It's weird....it was wayyy hotter this morning than it is right now, and I'm strangely bothered by that. I've got my windows open, the house is cool, the AC is not on...

Weird. Just weird. I checked the weather, and there is no t'storm alert or anything...but it sure feels like it's gonna t'storm. Which would be interesting...

Best-
    Herding Cats

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast