1161 users online (260 members and 901 guests)  

Websleuths News

PA - Naked Man Walks A Block And A Half After Being Shot Twice

A PO watched as a naked man threw a metal newspaper box, hurled large rocks, and ly down in the street of a SEPTA bus before the man turned his attention towards police cruisers.

After punching out the windhield sending flying shrads of glass onto PO's one shot the man in the chest and elbow. The man continued to walk despite injuries for a block and a half. He's in the hospital.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...ml#recent_comm

Yikes Filly ! Had to be drugs. I just came to Philadelphia last night...though the suburbs.

Wow! And I thought the cops in Seattle were a bunch of pansies!

Without reading the article, I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess PCP is involved. Naked man + violent behavior often = PCP. Just one thing I

Without reading the article, I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess PCP is involved. Naked man + violent behavior often = PCP. Just one thing I learned watching cops as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by gm8549 View Post
    Yikes Filly ! Had to be drugs. I just came to Philadelphia last night...though the suburbs.
    Don't be out at 5:00AM in North Philly, O.K. gm? (wink)

The comments all mentioned "wet" which essentially is PCP. Or PCP like.

Hope your trip was safe, and enjoyable.

This guy? I haven't seen his condition.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingnew View Post
    Wow! And I thought the cops in Seattle were a bunch of pansies!
    Seriously?

Thanks Filly. I'll be here for awhile.

Like you,the comment on the police makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Seriously?
    A naked man moving one block they can see but their training is to automatically kill him? Not much strategy there. They have not had training for this? Seattle PD were horrible when I lived there. All in all I love law enforcement but if they're just shooting obviously unarmed people then my eyebrows are raised.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingnew View Post
    A naked man moving one block they can see but their training is to automatically kill him? Not much strategy there. They have not had training for this? Seattle PD were horrible when I lived there. All in all I love law enforcement but if they're just shooting obviously unarmed people then my eyebrows are raised.
    He was armed. He had two in fact.

Training for a six foot, crazed lunatic tossing newspaper boxes and rocks and busting in a winshield of a cop car? Probably.

I hear ya, but the guy also went almost two blocks after he was shot in the chest. My eyebrows remain as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    He was armed. He had two in fact.

Training for a six foot, crazed lunatic tossing newspaper boxes and rocks and busting in a winshield of a cop car? Probably.

I hear ya, but the guy also went almost two blocks after he was shot in the chest. My eyebrows remain as they are.
    You're right and I wasn't there to see the speed the lunatic was moving. It just bugs me that this seemed preventable. The police had a car and a radio I am guessing and could call for backup or a K9 unit. I am just picturing them sitting in the car watching him moving closer and not taking action until he was close enough to knock the windshield. Again-I was not there so these are just my feelings and I am sorry if I offended anyone that has friends or family on the police force. They are, for the most part, the most amazing, patient people in the community!

Ok, I hate the word "pansy" but I do have to agree with nothingnew. This seems like exactly the type of situation that calls for a taser, not a gun. Naked dude, while violent, was unarmed. Take him down, but not with potentially lethal force. Good grief.

We've all seen and heard stories about cops using tasers seemingly at the drop of a hat, why not in this situation?

That said, crazy story. You can tell its finally summer when the naked criminals start showing up in the news.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero