1145 users online (229 members and 916 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    That's what I thought.

When asked if defense had any objections to this witness being used as an "expert" the defense said no , they encouraged this witness be admitted as an expert. Or words to that effect
    That's what I though also. Maybe if he affirms in his testimony he could not identify the voice , then any "lay" person's identification of the voice will not hold any weight. He is supposedly among the best and has the best equipment to come to that decision.

JMO

I can understand him just fine

He says he can't tell who was screaming for help

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    I have been watching this trial avidly and noticed something interesting during the John Good testimony. At one point they played the 911 call that had a lot of screaming for help in the background. People have stated that is absolutely Trayvon Martin's voice screaming and pleading for help desperately before he was shot and killed.

Watch the video at the 1 minute mark for about 30 seconds. Note the expressions on two of the state witnesses' faces in the audience, one of those witnesses has frequently burst into tears before while listening to testimony and he has stated for the record that it was Martin screaming on that tape. If they are called to testify that the voice on the tape WAS Martin's voice and asked to listen to that tape again I will be very very interested to see if they react to the recording the same way when on the witness stand and speaking for the benefit of the jury.

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN TRIAL WITNESS JOHN GOOD 6.28.13 PT.7 - YouTube
    I just find it completely irrelevant that witnesses say that it was TM's voice. As they did not know him, Did not see them but more than shadows, and are guessing. Outright guessing.
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

he talks too fast

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmua View Post
    Trayvon could have been screaming but I totally believe George is the one who you hear.

JMo
    ITA. I believe it was George screaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymeria View Post
    I am surprised to see this witness.
    I though the judge ruled voice analysis inadmissible?
    I thought the judge ruled the voice analysis inadmissible, too. Maybe because he's FBI, and they said it could not be definitively determined either way? Perhaps she just ruled not to admit private or outside analysis? This should be interesting, in any event.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmua View Post
    I can understand him just fine

He says he can't tell who was screaming for help
    I meant all the algorithm speak.. I can actually understand him fine.. In fact better than some of the others.. but the algorithm stuff?? You lose me...

I just don't get that..
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

I'm not really understanding what the state is doing here. Wouldn't this muddy the waters? Unless this gentleman came up with something else that would be helpful to them.

So basically he is testifying that there can be no accurate evaluation done to say for sure whose voice it was.

anyone else bored?

Can't make a comparison. So is he there to say that even if people say it was either George or Trayvon that it is just an 'opinion' and can not be scientifically verified. That's how I'm taking it.
    You don't get a medal for switching alliances just before the result, as it becomes apparent the other team is set to win.

Quote Originally Posted by greycoupon View Post
    I'm not really understanding what the state is doing here. Wouldn't this muddy the waters? Unless this gentleman came up with something else that would be helpful to them.
    IMO, I think they are trying to get him to say that George was not screaming

Quote Originally Posted by Nymeria View Post
    I am surprised to see this witness.
    I though the judge ruled voice analysis inadmissible?
    I think he's going to state that voice analysis cannot be proven by the audio sample, thus experts won't be testifying either way.

Oh, And good morning all!

age of person screaming is hard to tell

Does the defense have someone who will say it was GZ screaming?

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast