Identified! NC - Granville Co., BlkFem, 16-18, found off I-85, Mar'03 - Chrystle Edmonds

Kymistry35

It's never to late to be who you could have been
Reaction score
Website
bringushome.19.forumer.com
Is this where I would put the picture of an unidentified child? There is a girl, 16-18 who was found in NC not far from where I live and I have looked and looked trying to find missing children that may be her, and was wondering if you all could help. I think everyone deserves a proper burial and a name.

Unidentified Biracial Female

• The victim was discovered on March 3, 2003 in Granville, Granville County, North Carolina
  • Estimated Date of Death: four to six weeks prior to her discovery.
  • Partially Decomposed.
Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 16-18 years old

• Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3"; 150 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: African American with some racial mixture, possibly Caucasian. Black hair; brown eyes. She didn't have any visible scars, marks, or tattoos. Her ears were not pierced.
  • Dentals: The victim had no dental reconstructions.
  • Clothing: Light green cargo pants (Route 66 brand), a black t-shirt with a Route 66 logo on the front, a beige long-sleeve pullover shirt with a collar and three buttons on the front, white socks, Hanes brand underwear, and a brown belt. She had four colored elastic bands in her hair and a pink hair comb was found near the body
Case History
The victim was located in the wood line along Interstate 85 in Granville County, North Carolina.
The body was partially decomposed and had no identification.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Granville County Sheriff's Department
Detective Danny Emory
919-693-3213
Email</B>
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

I am not sure how to post a link to her image but it is on the doe network case file 182UFNC in the unidentified index.

I get the feeling she isn't from NC, but she knew a few in the military there and was visiting when it happened... was anyone with this description missing out of the Kansas area?

Rocky said:
I get the feeling she isn't from NC, but she knew a few in the military there and was visiting when it happened... was anyone with this description missing out of the Kansas area?

HI Rocky, What makes you think this? Just curious. What is the Kansas link?

BTW She is a very pretty girl, and I am shocked, as always that someone hasn't claimed her. Maybe a runaway whose parents think she is still out there somewhere.

I also don't think she is from NC and more than likely is a runaway, and I have searched missing childrens sites from all states. I just don't know how so many young women and men could o unidentified, there has to be someone out there looking for these angels.

I was wondering about this idea, the police and fbi are always building a data base of finger prints, and even a data base of dna evidence. why could they not do dna data base collections for human remains that are located throughout the country, and families that have missing young or older children can go down and give their own dna profile to be compared to remains that have been located in the nation. they may have something on a small scale of this already working, I know the first think would be the cost of making a data base of this type, of course or goverment spends millions per day on war, we should be launching a war of our own and let this nation here our voices to stand up and take action on child molestors and murderers.

dannyodie said:
I was wondering about this idea, the police and fbi are always building a data base of finger prints, and even a data base of dna evidence. why could they not do dna data base collections for human remains that are located throughout the country, and families that have missing young or older children can go down and give their own dna profile to be compared to remains that have been located in the nation. they may have something on a small scale of this already working, I know the first think would be the cost of making a data base of this type, of course or goverment spends millions per day on war, we should be launching a war of our own and let this nation here our voices to stand up and take action on child molestors and murderers.

The NCIC database does contain unidentified remains, but there are only around 40,000 entered for the entire nation. It is local law enforcement's job to enter the data into NCIC but only the state of California is regularly entering unidentified they find.

A U.S. Justice Department tasks force has been working to improve matching identified remains to missing person for almost 2 years. There is a meeting in Philidelphia this month to discuss the issue. The guests include law enforcement officials, policymakers, coroners and medical examiners, forensic scientists, and family members of the long-term missing. Both Kelly Jolkowski and I will be attending the meeting.

A blurb about the conference:
"At the conference, you will hear about and discuss the challenges and gaps in the current systems for identifying missing persons, ways to improve dissemination about missing persons, ideas for maximizing resources, and strategies for improving collaboration across fields and jurisdictions so policies and practices are more effective."

Maryland, I never got a response from you and I was wondering if you knew the name of the girl that they were testing to see if she was the Jane Doe from NC? Where could I find more information?

182UFNC.jpg

There is a new article about the Granville Jane Doe. She's thought to be a teenager 16-18. They are going to try to push again to identify her.

http://www.herald-sun.com/granville/11-691122.html

Excerpts from the article:
Danny Emory, the Granville County's Sheriff's detective working on the Jane Doe case, said he contacted the FBI, which conducted a search and provided him with at least 400 names, none of which provided him with a match.

He said at first North Carolina's State Bureau of Investigation would not allow information about her to be loaded into the system for lack of more specific details until the SBI changed the policy about a year and a half ago.

"We've got her entered now," he said.

The NCMEC is trying to push to have her information entered in more places so that she can be identified.

The article is very interesting as it talks about the "silent crisis" of the unidentified people out there.

Could this be the Maryland teenager they were comparing to?
http://www.doenetwork.us/nampn/cases/redd_ramona.html

redd_ramona3.jpg
182UFNC.jpg
A200401267S_1514.jpg

Ramona on right & left, Jane Doe center

Ramona Catherine Redd
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

# Missing Since: March 7, 2002 from Baltimore, Maryland
# Classification: Endangered Missing
# Date Of Birth: January 8, 1983
# Age: 19
# Height: 5'2"
# Weight: 135 lbs.
# Hair Color: Black
# Eye Color: Brown
# Race: Black
# Gender: Female
# Clothing: Blue jeans, black boots, black jacket
# NCIC Number: M-922416967
# Case Number: 024C05792

Details of Disappearance
Ramona was last seen at her residence in Baltimore, Maryland. She left the residence to meet a family member in E. Baltimore, Maryland but never arrived.

Possible match?:

Ramona looks a lot like the reconstruction. All the stats match. She went missing one year before Jane Doe was found so its possible she made her way to North Carolina from Maryland.

NCMC736385e1.jpg
182UFNC.jpg

How about this for a match!

This is a tremendously long, long shot.

The image of the girl is an age advanced image of
Tilwanda Denise Cheatham
She went missing, at the age of 8, in August 1989. If she is Jane Doe then she would have been 23 in March of 2003. Which is 5 years older than the estimate for Jane Doe.
I am very taken with how much the age progression photo looks like the reconstruction of Jane Doe.

To learn more about Tilwanda:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=736385&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

I decided to email in, to the Sherrif's department, the possible match to Tilwanda. I also included a link to this thread.

The uid was supposedly biracial, so far the only girls anyone came up with are black (and very dark skinned at that). I'd try to keep that in mind when looking for a potential match. There is a potential match pending for this uid: http://tinyurl.com/4mnx3 and they're waiting on the DNA analysis.

Paradise you make a good point about the biracial indicator. I searched for image matches, not any particular race. The two I came up with happen to be listed as black.

I am very taken aback by your link. The person you say they are testing has tattoos! All reports that I have seen specifically say no tattoos. Has new information been released? Did I miss something?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back