677 users online (98 members and 579 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettScarpetta View Post
    But he does not know that. He has no idea if people are out there watching or the police are there or what. That lends to credibility because he did not even know TM was dead immediately. He was not intent on killing him. Just stopping him. He gave statements knowing the people could have been watching..
    To me that speaks loudly for a truthful statement.

OMO
    He knows he shot TM and that shot would cause TM to stop fighting, in fact, TM fell over, he stopped fighting. GZ assumed he was going to get back up and fight even more? Doesn't make sense. He was disabled and GZ had to get on top to restrain him?

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

Quote Originally Posted by William N View Post
    Which adds up to reasonable doubt and a verdict of Not Guilty.

As for GZ being "not consistent, this is another indication he's telling the truth. A liar tells his story the same way every time. A truthful person telling the same story over and over will have a few "inconsistencies."
    IMO it is not just inconsistencies, they are outright lies. Some of his statement are not only implausible but impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Just K View Post
    "******ing punks": Prosecution got Serrino to admit that that statement shows ill will.
    I would call them that too, if my neighborhood had been robbed numerous times by strangers.

Quote Originally Posted by barrysgirl View Post
    This is MY opinion only!! this is the only place I feel safe to post my opinion without getting yelled at.

I have watched hundreds if not thousands of trials in the last 14years as a court observer/gawker only. I have never looked at the evidence of a trial and believed so wholeheartedly someone was being railroaded in my life.

I feel if the media had not mislead the public on soooo many things with honest to God lies, this would not be at trial. Add in the actual President of the damn united states getting in on it based on the media coverage and you have what we see here, a railroading of a man that was attacked and fought back.

Some may call him a vigilante, wanna be cop because he was a neighborhood watch guy. Well let me tell you. I was raised my ENTIRE life as part of the neighborhood watch. My father, my grandfather, my uncles and cousins (we lived in the country) and every man that worked for my father were part of our neighborhood watch. Not one of these men were "wanna be cops". In fact, the police took them on ride a longs often and taught them what to do as part of the neighborhood watch. The police helped set it up. My father, family and men that worked for us my whole life along with many many other men in our area felt it their duty to keep us safe. Not one night they went on patrol did they go looking to hurt anyone. That is NOT what neighborhood watch is! If they saw someone acting suspicious, they followed them and called the cops. EXACTLY as GZ did. They were armed and fully prepared to defend themselves. You are patroling for criminals in your area and NOT armed? you would be an idiot, IMOO.

There is a neighborhood watch around where I work. I work in a residential area of older people with a huge housing project 2-3 blocks away. These older people have been tied up and beat in robbery after robbery. How do I know? I have taken care of every one of them that SURVIVED at our facility because they trust us as we are in their neighborhood. They finally decided to protect and defend themselves and have started a neighborhood watch. If they see one of their neighbors being attacked or if they are attacked themselves, they are now going to try to defend themselves. They are armed as well. Are they vigilantes?

From what I understand, there had been robberies in their private, gated community. you are on neighborhood watch, you see a man in a hoodie walking slowly in the rain looking at homes, you follow them and call the cops. IMO, exactly what GZ did.

I see no evidence to support a manslaughter case let alone a second degree murder conviction. I am just blown away at so many people I have watched trials with, agreed with AND disagreed with that have let themselves be led by a media determined to turn this into a racial issue and by lying, altering tapes, all for ratings, while an innocent man in railroaded.

Do I think he is innocent. Double hell yes! Do I think he will be convicted? absolutely. This poor man is being railraoded. and were I on this jury I would be terrified to find him innocent despite the fact that the entire prosecution's case, IMO, has supported a self defense claim. I would find him innocent, dont' doubt it, but I would be terrifed.

Thanks for letting me vent and tell my opinions without attacking me.
    Glad you've joined us and thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by PaperDoll View Post
    He knows he shot TM and that shot would cause TM to stop fighting, in fact, TM fell over, he stopped fighting. GZ assumed he was going to get back up and fight even more? Doesn't make sense. He was disabled and GZ had to get on top to restrain him?
    I don't see a problem with that. I have seen many police officers do the same. Someone is shot down and they move their hands to make sure there is no weapon.. Maybe he thought he was just stunned. HE said over and over that he thought TM had something in his waist band.

So I don't find this action weird, I find it safe.

OMO
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

Quote Originally Posted by nnglas View Post
    IMO it is not just inconsistencies, they are outright lies. Some of his statement are not only implausible but impossible.

So the media people who doctored GZ's 911 call were trying to get the truth out?

Quote Originally Posted by missmazzy View Post
    I would call them that too, if my neighborhood had been robbed numerous times by strangers.
    But TM wasn't one of those people.

Quote Originally Posted by PaperDoll View Post
    There is not a whole lot of proof to back GZ statement up. Yes, he remembers the location, he remember certain details, but he's not consistent. I think he is elaborating his story. How can someone in his position, studying the law, taking self defense classes not be able to fight back? He acts like he's the victim here. NO ONE saw, or at least didn't come forward, the whole thing, everyone got bits and pieces. The jury, and us, are left trying to fill in the blanks.
    GZ was surprised - ambushed - and I think that made a big difference in his reaction.

Does anyone here think it's o.k. to ambush someone and start attacking them immediately, when you have not ascertained their intentions?

Quote Originally Posted by Justice4MyPeople View Post
    *sigh* so because a rapper from the west coast uses the word all black use it?

Hate to break it to you but blacks aren't monolithic, and even gangster culture isn't. Southern gangsters use the term "bruh" but you would never hear a gangster from the north use the term. Completely different lexicons.

You can't paint a whole people with one brush stroke.
    Please understand that was not what I was saying nor trying to imply

The discussion yesterday was that the term "homie" was dated. I just happened to see a clip where the term was used on July 1, 2013.

Corpus Christi, Texas

Which adds up to reasonable doubt and a verdict of Not Guilty.

As for GZ being "not consistent, this is another indication he's telling the truth. A liar tells his story the same way every time. A truthful person telling the same story over and over will have a few "inconsistencies."
    The only witness who has told their story the same every time is RJ. The only time she was tripped up was with her initial telling where she said GZ responded to TM with "What are you talking about?" That's because it was not in the Crump transcript which she, apparently, memorized. JMO. OMO. MOO.
    all my comments are just my opinion. jmho. moo. etc. etc.

But TM wasn't one of those people.

But GZ didn't know that at the time. TM didn't live there, and was therefore, a stranger.

This questioning by Prosecution is completely ridiculous.

They went hard and fast after GZ with his statements.. THey hold up. They just do.

IT sounds like the Prosecutor made a mess of his stew and is trying to turn it into roast chicken... Ain't gonna happen..

He looks like a complete novice who does not know the true facts of the case.. OMO
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

Quote Originally Posted by missmazzy View Post
    Who is the "them" you would call that? <modsnip>
    Last edited by Kimster; 07-02-2013 at 04:50 PM. Reason: refer to rules regarding racial posts

So the media people who doctored GZ's 911 call were trying to get the truth out?
    Idk, I have no idea what the media did with the NEN tape. I have never her the doctored version.

But that has nothing to so with GZ's different accounts if what happened.

Where are the lies??? Because I don't see any lies..

The bushes thing?? I think TM appeared so suddenly he just ASSUMED he must have been hiding in the bushes because he had not seen him when walking through the courtyard the first time. I think that is not a lie, but a thought process...

OMO

Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast