1427 users online (278 members and 1149 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    I missed the testimony of GZ's friend. Was it Osterman? (sp?)

Seems odd that the pros would call him, anyone care to summarize the gist of his testimony?

I don't mean to incite an argument about whether the prosecution is doing a good job, just would like to know what point(s) were meant to be taken from it, without having to watch it all myself.

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Chester_from_THM View Post

Seems odd that the pros would call him, anyone care to summarize the gist of his testimony?

I don't mean to incite an argument about whether the prosecution is doing a good job, just would like to know what point(s) were meant to be taken from it, without having to watch it all myself.

TIA

One thing I found interesting was that Osterman said he was GZ's BF, but GZ barely acknowledged him. If it were me, I would be in tears seeing my best friend on the stand.

I mostly just read along here but watch the trial on another screen. We all have our different opinions and there is nothing wrong with that. After this trial we will all move on to another case where we may all agree.

Like I stated; it's all good!

ETA: There really is life after this case!

MOO
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Zoe Bogart is offline Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars

Wink

After the Casey Anthony fiasco, I swore off trials, at least to the extent I was involved in "covering" it for Websleuths. So I haven't been much into this Zimmerman thing except for highlights and the "star" witness. Frankly, I've never taken sides on this one. Last night though, I spent hours listing to Tricia's True Crime radio show and then came here to read everyone's thoughts. I can't believe everyone is talking about the same trial! Talk about differences of opinion! Whoa!

Since I listened to the radio episodes days after they were made, I wasn't able to read chatroom comments. I hope to remember to tune in tonight to see what every says about the discussion, because, boy, there are huge differences and I was quite surprised. Not that I think it's terrible, just that I was genuinely taken aback.

And for today's courtroom drama, keep it lively, folks, and enjoy! I can't wait to read what everyone writes about it.
    © My brain is copyright-protected.
    Please pardon any typos. I'm a lousy typist and an even worse proofreader.

Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
    1984 by George Orwell (1949)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

The prosecution had a witness that testified she wanted GZ to be...I forget what it was called but it was like an unarmed, neighborhood non-cop type thing along the lines of security or something? lol She said GZ declined the position. Doesn't sound like a wanna be cop to me. jmo

How can this judge not allow the defense time to get more evidence based on the prosecutions presentation? That's IMO, reversible error.

Quote Originally Posted by missmazzy View Post
    One thing I found interesting was that Osterman said he was GZ's BF, but GZ barely acknowledged him. If it were me, I would be in tears seeing my best friend on the stand.
    He was probably advised by his attorneys to not show any emotion.

JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Justice4MyPeople View Post
    Trayvon Martin had a 3.67 gpa, was accepted into college on a full ride scholarship, and had over 600 hours in community service. He was only 17 and already doing better than zimmerman who was struggling to just get his associates degree. If anyone was the "****" with a weapon it was zimmerman.
    you forgot the "imo" and you neglected TM's juvenille rap sheet in your summation of his life.

PHD's, MD's, Scientists, Professionals, all kinds of folks who are good students commit crimes with some regularity. this isn't an opinion, its a fact, imo.
    IF I PUT IT HERE ITS MY OPINION. apparently i have no idea when i need to say that in a post, so this should cover it....IN MY OPINION anyways,

welcome to the gates of hell JVDS.

Jose Baez: “I sincerely believe that when we have finally spoken, everyone, and I mean everyone, will sit back and say, ‘Now, I understand. That explains it.’”

Jose Baez to da judge :

".....that type of testing is unique. we requested that they be allowed to test items and that of course was objected to by the state and and uh the state uh granted or sustained their objection, denied our opportunity to have him test these items due to a very specialized field, subfield, of dna that he is one of the pioneers of uh in the alternative of we were granted the ability to test certain items by an outside lab...."

IMO the Defense has had more than enough time as the Judge has stated in open court this morning.

In my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettScarpetta View Post
    Wait.. Did I hear they want to bring in evidence of an affair? Am I listening wrong??

GOOD MORNING SLeuthers!!
    Good morning! Imo, all bets are off in this trial. Since they don't have any evidence against George, imo, then they're going to try to throw anything and everything against the wall and hope something sticks.

We'll see what the judge says. If she lets that through, justice's goose is cooked, in my opinion.

Still and all, justice's goose is never truly cooked, because what goes around, comes around...
    Everything I write that isn't backed up by documented facts is my own personal opinion. Thank you for respecting my right to .

Spiritually at Rainbow Bridge with my babies
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester_from_THM View Post

TIA
    IIRC, the gist of the reason why the prosecution called him was to show more inconsistencies in GZ's story. He relayed what GZ had told him about that night and wrote a book regarding what happened so I think it was more or less to show the jury that GZ told his friend a different version than the other versions he told.

As a viewer, I realize that the inconsistencies may be viewed as equating to not being truthful and since this case elicits very strong for or against opinions so to those who disbelieve GZ, it would be considered untruthful behavior. I haven't made up my mind yet because this trial is not over but IMHO with respect to the different statements, I can barely remember what I ate for breakfast or did my entire day and would probably give five different versions of it. But that is just me.
    Everything stated is JMO and I like my opinion
    My canine angels I love you
    My amazing Dad I love you

Quote Originally Posted by ?noanswer View Post
    He was probably advised by his attorneys to not show any emotion.

JMO
    Maybe so, but sometimes emotions leak out!

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
    The prosecution had a witness that testified she wanted GZ to be...I forget what it was called but it was like an unarmed, neighborhood non-cop type thing along the lines of security or something? lol She said GZ declined the position. Doesn't sound like a wanna be cop to me. jmo
    Depends on how you look at it. IMO, GZ didn't want that position because he would not be able to carry his weapon and he would be in a marked vehicle with no powers beyond what he had as a general citizen.

GZ has displayed issues that at times sound like they border, IMO, paranoia. IMO, GZ would have felt like a sitting duck in the position that was suggested to him.
    The facts are now buried amongst theory, opinion and rumor.

Zoe Bogart is offline Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Just K View Post
    Yesterday, I asked if anyone knew if GZ turned off his headlights when he left his car. Anyone?
    I'm not sure whether he left his lights on or his key in the ignition or both, but when he got out the truck, the vehicle dinged (ding, ding, ding) like something was left on (lights or key in ignition) and the sound can be heard on the 911 call. It happens when he says he has to get out of his vehicle to see the address on the house and check the name of the street after the 911 guy asks his location.
    © My brain is copyright-protected.
    Please pardon any typos. I'm a lousy typist and an even worse proofreader.

Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
    1984 by George Orwell (1949)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

I knew she would let it in. Oh well, let the jury sort it out, that's what they're getting paid 12 bucks or so day for. I'm just concerned about the reasons the prosecution wants this stuff in, they're in an uphill battle and they're throwing everything at the wall etc. IMO.

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast