Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Dear Websleuths Members,

This thread will open the start of court on Tuesday July 2nd.

We are going to try opening one thread for the trial of George Zimmerman.

Discussions became so heated and hateful that we closed the whole Martin/Zimmerman discussion until the trial started.

If things get out of hand again we will close this thread.

Just because someone might think George Zimmerman is innocent does not make them a racist.

Just because someone thinks Trayvon Martin was killed in cold blood does not make them a racist.

Here are the rules on posting on Websleuths. I would suggest you read them and if you have any questions you can email me at tgrif@xmission.com

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thank you Harmony2 for finding the live streams
Here are some links to live-stream:

http://wildabouttrial.com/george-zimmerman-live-stream.html

http://www.wptv.com/generic/news/national/George-Zimmerman-trial-complete-coverage

http://www.wesh.com/news/central-fl...ed-coverage/watch-george-zimmerman-trial-live

Thank you for being a part of Websleuths.

Tricia Griffith
Co-Owner Websleuths.com
Live audio WDBO Orlando

http://www.news965.com/

Wait.. Did I hear they want to bring in evidence of an affair? Am I listening wrong??

GOOD MORNING SLeuthers!!

I heard it but not sure, my dog barked at me to go outside. lol

This is nuts.. This Prosecution is so over their heads in this case. Not enough evidence so lets just SLANDER GZ, Who is still innocent til proven guilty..

Lets just make everyone hate him...

Incredible...

OMO

This is nuts.. This Prosecution is so over their heads in this case. Not enough evidence so lets just SLANDER GZ, Who is still innocent til proven guilty..

Incredible...

OMO

Not only desperation, but to get it out to the public IMO as usual.

The State is doing just fine, IMO. What is being presented are court cases pertaining to the relevance of documents the prosecution wants to present.

MOO

The State is doing just fine, IMO. What is being presented are court cases pertaining to the relevance of documents the prosecution wants to present.

MOO

We must be watching different trials because every witness has been turned in some way for the defense and we are not even at the defense case yet! LOL.

OMO.

Incredible...

OMO

Mantie (SP) was referring to a precedent set in another case...that case had an affair at issue...not GZ.

Not only desperation, but to get it out to the public IMO as usual.

Exactly.. Lets make everyone hate him. Lets not stick to actual evidence.. lets just beat him up with bad acts and his desire to be a police man..

I always thought that was a good thing.. For people to aspire to be something good and helpful..

Incredible... OMO

We must be watching different trials because every witness has been turned in some way for the defense and we are not even at the defense case yet! LOL.

OMO.

We are watching the same trial. We just have a different 'take' on everything, IMO.

It's all good.

MOO

A gentle reminder of the IMO "rule." I for one would like this thread to stay open. I am still amazed at the contrast between these attorneys and the ones at the JA trial. These attorneys are downright pleasant and I mean this as a compliment after listening to four months of the JA trial (not that I don't love me Juan)

(IMO :))

Mantie (SP) was referring to a precent sent in another case...that case had an affair at issue...not GZ.

Thank you! I was watching HLN and then saw it pop up on my laptop..

So thanks for the clarification...

We are watching the same trial. We just have a different 'take' on everything, IMO.

It's all good.

MOO

Ain't that the truth! I think it also shows how while people may perceive that he should not have been in fear of his life, That it is absolutely possible he did indeed feel that. Alone in the dark, We have no idea what that felt like...

Anyone think that Maybe we have LAWYERS reading this again???

Because aren't they talking financial issues as we were yesterday..??

OMO

Exactly.. Lets make everyone hate him. Lets not stick to actual evidence.. lets just beat him up with bad acts and his desire to be a police man..

I always thought that was a good thing.. For people to aspire to be something good and helpful..

Incredible... OMO

The only thing I disagree with is the fact that GZ wanted to be a cop. The "cop-wanna-be" is the main reason I think he is "half" responsible for the incident. IMO, both guys were at fault, which IMO, is why I believe GZ will be exhonorated (not because he did nothing wrong, because *both* were at fault).

IMO and all that jazz, no reason to attack....TYVM

Yesterday, I asked if anyone knew if GZ turned off his headlights when he left his car. Anyone?

I missed the testimony of GZ's friend. Was it Osterman? (sp?)

Seems odd that the pros would call him, anyone care to summarize the gist of his testimony?

I don't mean to incite an argument about whether the prosecution is doing a good job, just would like to know what point(s) were meant to be taken from it, without having to watch it all myself.

TIA

I missed the testimony of GZ's friend. Was it Osterman? (sp?)

Seems odd that the pros would call him, anyone care to summarize the gist of his testimony?

I don't mean to incite an argument about whether the prosecution is doing a good job, just would like to know what point(s) were meant to be taken from it, without having to watch it all myself.

TIA

One thing I found interesting was that Osterman said he was GZ's BF, but GZ barely acknowledged him. If it were me, I would be in tears seeing my best friend on the stand.

I mostly just read along here but watch the trial on another screen. We all have our different opinions and there is nothing wrong with that. After this trial we will all move on to another case where we may all agree.

Like I stated; it's all good!

ETA: There really is life after this case! :)

MOO

After the Casey Anthony fiasco, I swore off trials, at least to the extent I was involved in "covering" it for Websleuths. So I haven't been much into this Zimmerman thing except for highlights and the "star" witness. :crazy: Frankly, I've never taken sides on this one. Last night though, I spent hours listing to Tricia's True Crime radio show and then came here to read everyone's thoughts. I can't believe everyone is talking about the same trial! Talk about differences of opinion! Whoa!

Since I listened to the radio episodes days after they were made, I wasn't able to read chatroom comments. I hope to remember to tune in tonight to see what every says about the discussion, because, boy, there are huge differences and I was quite surprised. Not that I think it's terrible, just that I was genuinely taken aback.

And for today's courtroom drama, keep it lively, folks, and enjoy! I can't wait to read what everyone writes about it. :seeya:

The prosecution had a witness that testified she wanted GZ to be...I forget what it was called but it was like an unarmed, neighborhood non-cop type thing along the lines of security or something? lol She said GZ declined the position. Doesn't sound like a wanna be cop to me. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo