1282 users online (206 members and 1076 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Proof beyond a reasonable doubt is a high standard. No way the prosecution gets there with this extraneous stuff, IMO.

Having said that...GZ's life is irreparably destroyed (yes, I know TM is dead, may he RIP).
    After this trial, no matter the outcome, the Martins will sue GZ, win, since the standard is lower, and GZ will have a multi million dollar judgement against him (a'la OJ). He will be unable to work and actually make money, and any monies he receives for stuff related to the case will be taken away.

Really a no win situation all around, which is why this case is so so sad. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ?noanswer View Post
    I'm not a verified lawyer, but Judge Alex was on HLN and he thought it should not be allowed. Said that it in itself probably wouldn't be reversible error, but in combination with other things that have been allowed, it could be.

JMO
    I think the defense is ready for this ruling. They will turn things around on cross.
    O'Mara has been extremely good.

IMO

Corpus Christi, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by costalpilot View Post
    if the state is doing just fine, based on the critique of the TH's on TV, this would be the first time. and if the TH's are correct, ( that the state has ruined its case already), nothing it does from now on is gonna matter. you can't UN-RING the bell, as the lawyers learned to say in law school.

once you have created reasonable doubt in your own presentation, it isn't going away because you make a decent argument about peripheral matters, such as the what course the defendant studied a decade ago and trying ro prove the defendant wanted to be a law enforcement officer. OH thats a big win. He wanted to be a cop. Got ya.

imo
    That was just my opinion, coastalpilot. We just happen to be on opposite sides of the fence, IMO. Nothing wrong with that.................
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Quote Originally Posted by Chester_from_THM View Post
    I should know this by now, but here goes.

Is this jury sequestered?

Why did this come to trial so quickly, like compared to CA that took something like 5 years, same with JA and Rusty Abaroa, Brad Cooper, Jason Young. It seems like most murder trials take around 5 years before they start.

Is that because the defendants were trying to delay the start in those cases, and GZ wanted a speedy trial, as he is entitled? Or is it because of the difference in level of charges, 1st vs. 2nd?

Just curious. TIA.
    BBM

Yes

JMO

IMO, since the judge is letting in the evidence about Zimmerman's criminal justice schooling so the jury can understand him, they need to bring in Trayvon's fighting and school suspensions so the jury can understand HIM. In how many fights has he been? How many did he start? Did he treat his elders, like his teachers and principals, with respect? Did he obey the school rules?

I haven't read this whole board. Show me proof that Trayvon had a 3.67 GPA based on 4.0, not 5.0 or 6.0, for an "A," 3.0 for a "B," etc. The only way I can think of that he would have gotten a full scholarship when he had not even finished 11th grade would have been some type of athletic scholarship. If he already had an academic scholarship, I'd like to see the courses he was taking. Was he taking basic math, science, and English courses, or was he taking calculus, chemistry, physics, trigonometry, and AP English?

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
    Or that he knew about the SYG law...that matters how?? He didn't plan this out. imo
    IMO, he didn't plan the ending but may very well have planned to detain the next f***ing punk or a##hole.
    The facts are now buried amongst theory, opinion and rumor.

Let's see, the state is going to use this information to try to have the jury hate RZ and believe he is a liar because:
    1. He did well in his college classes (like many of us have);
    2. Because of his major course study, he is well versed in police 'jargon' (which many of us can quote because of our fondness for CSI - in all of its variations and of following trials.

Wow, any of us could just as easily be railroaded in like fashion. Here's hoping the DT can turn this sow's ear into a silk purse. All is MOO

I missed the testimony of GZ's friend. Was it Osterman? (sp?)

Seems odd that the pros would call him, anyone care to summarize the gist of his testimony?

I don't mean to incite an argument about whether the prosecution is doing a good job, just would like to know what point(s) were meant to be taken from it, without having to watch it all myself.

TIA
    My take on it was- this guy had a conversation with GZ about what happened that nite, then turned that conversation into a book, then everyone wants to say the because the same exact words were not used, as GZ used when he spoke to police and did the crime scene walk-thru, that GZ is changing his story. This guy was hot to get the book out before the trial ended, which to me is odd, if I wrote a book about it, I would want the ending to be the ending of the trial, the penalty, the aftermath. But it's not me writing the book, so....
    I also think maybe this is to get GZ to testify, to refute that maybe he didn't say 'those exact words'.
    He seemed to be telling the same story, with some of the minute details changed.
    All this is JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by TexMex View Post
    I think the defense is ready for this ruling. They will turn things around on cross.
    O'Mara has been extremely good.

IMO
    I agree. OMara is a masterful cross examiner. I have no doubt he will make the witnesses defense witnesses, as usual. IMO.

I missed the testimony of GZ's friend. Was it Osterman? (sp?)

Seems odd that the pros would call him, anyone care to summarize the gist of his testimony?

I don't mean to incite an argument about whether the prosecution is doing a good job, just would like to know what point(s) were meant to be taken from it, without having to watch it all myself.

TIA
    Maybe they just wanted to introduce that title...imo. More likely - they got nuthin'. IMO.
    Everything I write that isn't backed up by documented facts is my own personal opinion. Thank you for respecting my right to .

Quote Originally Posted by missmazzy View Post
    How can this judge not allow the defense time to get more evidence based on the prosecutions presentation? That's IMO, reversible error.
    Because the defense should have been preparing for court instead of making media rounds, the judge is about her business she has no time for Omara's foolishness. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Just K View Post
    IMO, he didn't plan the ending but may very well have planned to detain the next f***ing punk or a##hole.
    IMO - And knew exactly what to say to make his story stand up for a self defense/SYG theory.

If I was a juror I would be thinking...WTF?? Is this the same trial?

All I know is that I sure wish the state would put this much effort into trying real criminals. JMO. OMO. MOO.
    all my comments are just my opinion. jmho. moo. etc. etc.

wow the state is going all out on this line of inquiry.

the registrar for the CC.

they are going to show that the defendant desired to uphold the law.

that should swing the minds of the jurors to "hate, ill will" and all those RELEVANT factors in their titanic case.

I'm glad I'm not paying the SA's paychecks.
    imo
    IF I PUT IT HERE ITS MY OPINION. apparently i have no idea when i need to say that in a post, so this should cover it....IN MY OPINION anyways,

welcome to the gates of hell JVDS.

Jose Baez: “I sincerely believe that when we have finally spoken, everyone, and I mean everyone, will sit back and say, ‘Now, I understand. That explains it.’”

Jose Baez to da judge :

".....that type of testing is unique. we requested that they be allowed to test items and that of course was objected to by the state and and uh the state uh granted or sustained their objection, denied our opportunity to have him test these items due to a very specialized field, subfield, of dna that he is one of the pioneers of uh in the alternative of we were granted the ability to test certain items by an outside lab...."

Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast