1108 users online (250 members and 858 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CO - Kathy Fortner, 49, found murdered, Mesa County, 1 July 2013

Body Found Outside of Colorado National Monument

FRUITA, Colo. - Visitors at the Colorado National Monument made a grisly discovery Tuesday afternoon.

Authorities with the Mesa County Sheriff's Office say before 12:30 p.m. a group of visitors were driving by the National Monument and pulled over to take a picture with a sign when they noticed a woman's body laying in the grassy area near the road.

http://www.krextv.com/news/around-th...214084951.html
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

SNIPPED.....................

It was a nice summer day to explore and visitors were busy snapping photos when they noticed something unusual.

"My understanding of how they found the body is they stopped to take a picture of the entrance sign to the Colorado National Monument and saw it, they just happened to stumble across it and called us immediately."

For now the death remains a mystery

http://www.kjct8.com/news/body-disco...z/-/index.html
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

I will try to keep updates on this as this is local for me. No one has been reported missing
    at least not around here.
    We did just have the big shin dig "Country Jam" here like last weekend I think or may be the weekend prior It is estimated about 20,000 people or more come to it...

http://co.countryjam.com/

I just wonder if it was someone here visiting from the country jam, this entrance is not to far from where they hold this jam.....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Holy ***! We were just there in May. Going to search for which entrance she was found at.

Quote Originally Posted by starry1 View Post
    Holy ***! We were just there in May. Going to search for which entrance she was found at.
    It is the entrance that is closest to the Utah border, in Fruita, CO
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Thanks, just found that. We didn't go that far west.

No real new updates,

SNIPPED.....................

According to what KKCO 11 News crews on scene have heard from Sheriff's Department representatives, the woman was in her mid-20s. She was found near the west entrance to Colorado National Monument, on the north side of Rimrock Dr. by a group of tourists, 300 to 400 feet north of the West Gate.

http://www.nbc11news.com/home/headli...214046781.html
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Homicide investigation

The Mesa County Coroner’s Office has identified the body found at the base of the Colorado National Monument as 49-year-old Kathy Fortner of Grand Junction.

The cause of death is blunt force injuries of the head. The manner of death is homicide.

http://www.nbc11news.com/home/headli...214180471.html
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Snipped............................

The sheriff's office is currently working to piece together a timeline and the events surrounding her death. Details of this investigation will not be released at this time," Deputy Carnes said.

Anybody who noticed anything suspicious near the west entrance of the monument between Monday night and Tuesday morning is asked to call the Mesa County Sheriff's Office at (970) 244-3263.

Authorities will be reviewing security cameras placed throughout the park and they're also using a remote controlled helicopter to survey the area.

http://www.kjct8.com/news/body-found...z/-/index.html
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

This womans name is familiar to me for some reason......

RIP Kathy
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Im finding a total of 9 Fortners in this entire towm in the white pages
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

One of the guys responsible for the Oklahoma City bombing was a Fortner, I believe.

Correction: the Oklahoma City guy was Michael Fortier, not Fortner.
    Last edited by i.b.nora; 07-03-2013 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Corrected info.

So sad hope her murderer is found soon.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by i.b.nora View Post
    One of the guys responsible for the Oklahoma City bombing was a Fortner, I believe.
    Close but no. It was Fortier. I believe that is the spelling. I believe his first name is Michael.
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

Is the park closed at sunset?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast