IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
In Memory of Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook

20270787_BG1.jpg

"Our hearts and prayers go out to the families and friends of those precious little girls. The Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office pledges vigilance in our pursuit of those responsible and will extend every resource to concluding this case so that justice may prevail."
-Black Hawk County Sheriff Tony Thompson

Posted by the Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office - December 10, 2012
http://www.bhcso.org/
http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ev...cle_18411a90-cd32-11e1-a656-0019bb2963f4.html
http://www.kwwl.com/story/19023342/evansdale-police-searching-for-two-missing-girls

IA-Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 *Media/Maps/TmLne* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Scanner Thread - What's Poster in the Scanner Thread, Stays in the Scanner Thread

Case Map by poster hollye

Amandareckonwith's case archive

Related: IA IA - Kathlynn Shepard, 15, Dayton, 20 May 2013 - abduction of 2 girls, 1 located - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

and Hollye's Case Map

RSO Rules: It seems there is a legal consideration concerning whether we are allowed to bring information to Websleuths from the actual sex offender registry.

It is illegal to use the sex offender register information to harass anyone. We would never condone this at Websleuths. It is not illegal (in my opinion) if when a child goes missing or is harmed we look at the sex offenders in the area and post their information, along with maps to show how close they live to the victim. In every case we have local people reading and posting here. Therefore we are within the guidelines using this info for local information. Again, we are not EVER going to even hint at harassing anyone on the sex offenders list. Any posting we do about a sex offender will always be within the law. If any of you have other questions about what you can and can't post please contact a mod and we will do our best to clear things up.

Thread # 1 Thread # 2
Thread # 3 Thread # 4
Thread # 5 Thread # 6
Thread # 7 Thread # 8
Thread # 9 Thread#10
Thread #11 Thread #12
Thread #13 Thread #14
Thread #15 Thread #16
Thread #17 Thread #18
Thread #19 Thread #20
Thread #21 Thread #22
Thread #23 Thread #24
Thread #25 Thread #26
Thread #27 Thread #28
Thread #29 Thread #30
Thread #31 Thread #32

White vehicle, maybe?

Not that we didn't hear about one before but this does seem somewhat new? It seems more definite to me now than it did before. IMO.

It sounds like the a very specific white vehicle:

"Smock said the SUV sightings are different from reports of a white vehicle tied to an attempted abduction in Cedar Rapids. In that case, the vehicle was described as a white van.

“This is an SUV, a large SUV,” Smock said. “It has been described as an older model Chevy Suburban, — but we don’t know that for sure — boxy and definitely full sized.”

June 25, 2013
http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_bc5363a2-dcf1-11e2-be6a-001a4bcf887a.html

That sounds like a pretty specific description. Hopefully it jogs people's memories. Just wish it could have been reported earlier...maybe would have the opportunity for more leads if the vehicle was fresh in people's minds.

That sounds like a pretty specific description. Hopefully it jogs people's memories. Just wish it could have been reported earlier...maybe would have the opportunity for more leads if the vehicle was fresh in people's minds.

totally agree, why on earth this took almost a year to get to the public is beyond me...these vehicles are not sitting on every corner like a ford taurus.
This would have "rang a bell with someone" last summer.

Wondering if details about a white van or suv are now released because new cctv video has been discovered or existing video has been sufficiently enhanced.

This vehicle has a large interior, one that would be useful for those who camp, hunt, fish or for a multitude of businesses, i.e. painter, window washer, steam cleaners, home renovations. The list is endless. This model of truck would also work well as a delivery truck, i.e. florist.

This vehicle has a large interior, one that would be useful for those who camp, hunt, fish or for a multitude of businesses, i.e. painter, window washer, steam cleaners, home renovations. The list is endless. This model of truck would also work well as a delivery truck, i.e. florist.

Possibly useful for persons with wheelchair in back or garden companies.
Thinking of the dry hot weather at the time of the abduction and large trucks that deliver watering services for gardens and public trees...

I don't think LE is bumbling per se. But they certainly do give the appearance of it at times. LE may have its reasons for just now releasing this info about the white SUV sightings and asking people if they remember seeing such a vehicle, but the appearance that LE has just now collated the sighting reports from last year doesn't do much to fight the impression that LE is in fact bumbling and grasping at straws.

I don't think LE is bumbling per se. But they certainly do give the appearance of it at times. LE may have its reasons for just now releasing this info about the white SUV sightings and asking people if they remember seeing such a vehicle, but the appearance that LE has just now collated the sighting reports from last year doesn't do much to fight the impression that LE is in fact bumbling and grasping at straws.

Cant be that many vans like that running around. Sort by type and make, run names, and see if somebody pops up with a record. Of course somebody has to spend the time doing that who has access to records. The modern equivalent of foot work. The FBI has the software to do searches like this if the State of Iowa doesn't.

hmmm... would a cabinet maker have such a vehicle? :facepalm:

Again, it may not be a matter of finding the van, our even knowing who the van belongs to. They might just be wanting to place a particular van at the scene. Suppose that MK or another yet unnamed suspect had such a van at the time, and its whereabouts now are unknown?

Could the white SUV type vechicle have been a "delivery" vechicle? Does anyone remember a scheduled delivery arriving late on July 13, 2012?

Lately, I have been paying attention to various white vans - they were owned/operated by personnel of schools/colleges, federal agencies, law enforcement, plumbers, and a carpet/flooring crew just to name a few. Then I realized that most of these professions and the likes I saw were models newer than the 90s.
I then focused my attention to older ones on the road and have not seen any in the past week. An older van should stick out like a sore thumb and the Evansdale/Waterloo community needs to keep their eyes open and be diligent in their surroundings.

Just want to Hi say to all. I read, nothing much to post right now.

Watching and waiting. Missing Bootsy. :seeya:

:desert:

Could the white SUV type vechicle have been a "delivery" vechicle? Does anyone remember a scheduled delivery arriving late on July 13, 2012?

Or unusually early. My thinking is that if the girls were told to meet someone at the lake for some purpose (summer job, see something cool, whatever), getting rid of a delivery would be a reason for the perp not to have grabbed them when they were riding their bicycles near the Collins residence.

What better way to get rid of a delivery than to deliver it? Most people are delighted if a planned delivery comes earlier than expected, whereas they are more likely to call or ask uncomfortable questions about late deliveries.

Lately, I have been paying attention to various white vans - they were owned/operated by personnel of schools/colleges, federal agencies, law enforcement, plumbers, and a carpet/flooring crew just to name a few. Then I realized that most of these professions and the likes I saw were models newer than the 90s.
I then focused my attention to older ones on the road and have not seen any in the past week. An older van should stick out like a sore thumb and the Evansdale/Waterloo community needs to keep their eyes open and be diligent in their surroundings.

I have not seen any either. However, saw an older white utility van pulled over by LE tonight under the overpass at 218/63 downtown. My family commented that it should just say Ped Van on the side. It looked like someone working as s painter or something like that.

There is a white van around town, actually I have not seen it lately. I used to see it everyday. But, at the time of the abduction, it was s patchwork brown/yellow/orange. I believe they guy was targeted. So he painted it white. Still, pretty distinctive.

hmmm... would a cabinet maker have such a vehicle? :facepalm:

A lot of people/professions would have such a vehicle IMO... I really hope this description stands out to someone.

I have not seen any either. However, saw an older white utility van pulled over by LE tonight under the overpass at 218/63 downtown. My family commented that it should just say Ped Van on the side. It looked like someone working as s painter or something like that.

There is a white van around town, actually I have not seen it lately. I used to see it everyday. But, at the time of the abduction, it was s patchwork brown/yellow/orange. I believe they guy was targeted. So he painted it white. Still, pretty distinctive.

Interesting. I suppose now someone will say: "They should have kept quiet about the van"!
You just can't win.

We may have to pull out the Interdimensional Maldum Fornax Diode X-ray White Van
Detector now (IMFDXWVD-II)!

Stake out all body shops!
:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads