907 users online (144 members and 763 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    In heels
    Posts
    27,889

    World's longest lecture

    An African lecturer has delivered the world's longest lecture after talking non-stop for more than three days.

    But Errol Muzawazi, 20, from Zimbabwe, was talking to himself for the majority of it after his audience fell asleep.

    He talked for 88 hours and four seconds as he lectured on democracy at Jagellonian University in Krakow, Poland.

    Muzawazi was allowed to stop briefly only once every eight hours to go to the toilet, eat a sandwich or take a quick nap.


    http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j300145479&w=447932

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,521
    I thought you were posting a story from my childhood. My mother was ACTUALLY the worlds HOLDER of the longest lecture!!!!


    Wonder how you have anything so interesting to talk about after 88 hours?!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    santa cruz, california
    Posts
    2,085
    [QUOTE=blueclouds]I thought you were posting a story from my childhood. My mother was ACTUALLY the worlds HOLDER of the longest lecture!!!!



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,521
    [QUOTE=lex]
    Quote Originally Posted by blueclouds
    I thought you were posting a story from my childhood. My mother was ACTUALLY the worlds HOLDER of the longest lecture!!!!


    No comment LEX honey???? You have similar stories to tell???

    My kids accuse me of "going over and over and over the same thing too" so I suppose I follow in her footsteps!!!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Tybee Island,GA
    Posts
    7,557
    MY mother had a 5 word lecture...
    Go cut me a switch
    Welcome to the World Baby Caleb!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    713
    Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    An African lecturer has delivered the world's longest lecture after talking non-stop for more than three days.

    But Errol Muzawazi, 20, from Zimbabwe, was talking to himself for the majority of it after his audience fell asleep.

    He talked for 88 hours and four seconds as he lectured on democracy at Jagellonian University in Krakow, Poland.

    Muzawazi was allowed to stop briefly only once every eight hours to go to the toilet, eat a sandwich or take a quick nap.


    http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j300145479&w=447932
    Most of the lectures I heard in college just FELT like the world's longest.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,212
    DH has the longest lecture in the world! He's really long winded anyhow but when he's lecturering our son, he'll go on for an hour! He'll tell him every story from his childhood whether it had anything to do with the situtation or not. He'll tell the same dang stories over and over and over - it's like the movie "GroundHog Day" - only worse!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    santa cruz, california
    Posts
    2,085
    Quote Originally Posted by blueclouds
    No comment LEX honey???? You have similar stories to tell???

    My kids accuse me of "going over and over and over the same thing too" so I suppose I follow in her footsteps!!!!

    hi blue! i forgot about those kind of lectures. ( man i hate those, lucky i didn't get too many cuz being the youngest my folkes were tired out by the time they had to deal with me and i was rather spoiled. (got away with stuff ) lol, the way you worded it made me laugh!
    Last edited by lex; 03-31-2005 at 11:47 PM.

  9. #9
    Schmerty_Jones is offline ________________ Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In my skin
    Posts
    2,793
    I thought the record was held By FIDEL surely when he corrals the masses & has them stand in the hot sun and harangues He's the world champion !
    My MOM did try to break his record ...but she was much younger at that time....come to think of it wonder if they have a few spanish genes in common?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    In heels
    Posts
    27,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmerty_Jones
    ...come to think of it wonder if they have a few spanish genes in common?
    I can't fit into my spanish genes anymore... I need an elasticized waistband