1147 users online (251 members and 896 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IL - Christopher Evans, 25 Chicago, 30 June 2013

Christopher Evans
    25 years old
    black male with medium complexion
    6 foot 1 inch
    230 lbs.
    Last seen wearing a black dress shirt w/white t-shirt under it and dark jeans

Christopher was last seen leaving Roscoe's Tavern in the 3300 block of N Halsted St appx 1:30am on Sunday June 30. He has not been seen since.

Christopher is a part-time grad student at Loyola Univ Chicago. He is described as very responsible and it is unusual for him to miss work. The second link states he was not acting like himself, was very agitated and was seen running east on Roscoe (st? or Rd?).

He was in the city's Boystown neighborhood Sat night to celebrate Pride as a straight ally to Sigma Pi fraternity brothers he knows fro Grand Valley State Univ in Michigan.

His car was found parked near Broadway and Cornelia Tuesday morning.

Friends also set up a Facebook page for Evans with additional photos and information. In an update posted Wednesday afternoon, a friend wrote police are still actively investigating the case.

Anyone with information should contact Chicago police at (312) 747-5789.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...hp_ref=chicago

http://www.my50chicago.com/story/227...when-last-seen
    FYI: Gay Pride weekend is a HUGE event in Chicago. It is every year in June and draws people from many areas/states. There are huge crowds and events. Although crime can happen anywhere at any time, GP parade and weekend aren't known for high crime.
    Last edited by MidwestMama; 07-03-2013 at 05:55 PM. Reason: additional link and info
    Possibly the most ridiculous question ever asked by an attorney in court: "So if somebody's not alive you can't get any information from them?" JW

"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." -Macbeth

"Arias selling domestic violence t-shirts is like Casey Anthony selling shirts for missing children". -Mark Eiglarsh

Every article gives more details. Every detail makes me more concerned.

"When Christopher Evans became nervous early Sunday and told friends to leave the Lakeview bar they were in — right away — he was not acting like himself, friends and family said.

Once outside of Roscoe's, 3356 N. Halsted St., Evans ran east on Roscoe Street about 1:30 a.m., police said. Friends and family say they haven't heard from him since.

"He got very paranoid and didn't want anybody around him," said Christopher's father, Michael Evans, who lives in Evergreen Park with his son. "He just ran off, away from where he was." Evans said this behavior is not typical for his usually laid-back, 25-year-old son, who frequently visits Chicago to meet up with friends on weekends."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...0,918797.story
    Possibly the most ridiculous question ever asked by an attorney in court: "So if somebody's not alive you can't get any information from them?" JW

"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." -Macbeth

"Arias selling domestic violence t-shirts is like Casey Anthony selling shirts for missing children". -Mark Eiglarsh

I live in the area- I have not seen any missing posters, but have been working. I will keep my eyes open for any more search efforts. I hope he is found soon, as the greater Lakeview area has seen an increase in crime in the past few years. While I would not be afraid to go to Pride or hang out at the bars after, I would be more concerned if I were male. I know several men who have been mugged and beaten in the area.

I am also concerned that reports state that he seemed agitated and was seen headed east on Roscoe. This is away from the highly trafficked Halsted bar strip and towards not only darker, less populated residential streets, but also Lake Michigan. I would not say the lake is as close as it has been in other cases, but it is certainly walkable, and if he were running he would reach it in no time. I do not want to do a disservice to Chris, but I wonder if he was anxious or agitated because of a substance he had imbibed? The other thing I thought is that perhaps he had an altercation or run-in with someone who he noticed at the bar and thus felt he had to leave very quickly?

Just adding my two cents about the area. Pray he is found safe and soon.

I heard about this on 'bbm am radio while driving this afternoon.
    My gut is telling me drugs. Either something Chris took or someone spiked his drink. My first thought is he was drugged unwillingly. Who was he conversing with? I have to wonder about some unwelcome interest in him?

I hope LE is checking survelliance from the bar along the route he was travelling east.

Did anyone follow him out of the bar?
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

My first thoughts are that someone put a harmful substance in his drink or that he had a mental breakdown. I hope he will be found alive and well.

Here's a link to the club Chris was seen running from. Looking at the tweets it appears the club is along the parade route.

http://www.roscoes.com/website/
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

This case really bothers me.
    I am afraid for him.
    Whether a drink was drugged or someone was hassling him, he was obviously scared.
    I am stunned his friends didn't leave with him when he said they had to leave RIGHT NOW. It is possible he just ran away from them, but I would hope they chased after him (on car or foot) to try to find and help him!

What bothers me the most is this happening when it did. Lot's of people in from out of town for the parade. Someone could have drugged him, got him in the car and left the area.

One of the articles said he was a pt grad student. I wonder if his work and school load was a bit hectic and he was taking something to help with the busy schedule of both? It's possible and I hope if that is the case, someone comes forward. It could explain the paranoid behavior. Though my gut is still someone drugged him and was interested in more than what Chris would have been interested in.

I pray he is found safe soon. Am very worried for him.
    ~JMO~

alreetlike is offline All human wisdom is summed up in these two words -- wait and hope
    Wanting to leave NOW (especially with such paranoia) reeks of drugs, either through his own choice or having been spiked. I'd have thought if he'd been hassled by somebody/had an argument, or had an otherwise valid reason for wanting to leave, he'd mention it to his friends before leaving.

I know the father said it was out of character for him to act paranoid, but I'd be interested to hear what his friends have to say about that. I'm sure we all have friends that act a bit different when they've been drinking or have taken drugs, and that could explain why no-one left with him - "oh it's just Chris being Chris again" etc. Unfortunately I would've expected him to turn up by now, so it's worrying that he hasn't.

Officials: Male body found in Lake Michigan at Belmont Harbor

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=9161516

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

Quote Originally Posted by mikkismom View Post

So sad. If is indeed him, I'm curious about the drug angle as well. If that turns out to be the case, I hope whoever is responsible receives justice. I just don't see an MBA student getting that adventurous on his own. Poor man.

This is really sad and wrong.
    Does sound like he was drugged.

My daughter moved a few months ago to that very neighborhood and lives just a block from Roscoes. She grew up in a sleepy little southern town but loves it there. I went to visit her and it is a charming area. I naturally worry about her being so far away in a big city.

She did say that everyone there was getting drunk that night of Pride. It didnt surprise her that he might have been drugged.

I do not understand how so many people end up in the water.

jmo

Body in Belmont Harbor believed to be missing student

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,5183735.story
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

Quote Originally Posted by mikkismom View Post

The article has been updated to say the body has been id'd as that of Christopher.

Sleep peacefully, Chris. Prayers said for his family and friends.
    ~JMO~

Rest in peace, Christopher ^I^

We have had FAR too many young men end up in Lake Michigan under questionable circumstances!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast