850 users online (141 members and 709 guests)  

Websleuths News

OK - Intruder? Bum-rush him, hogtie him & leave him in the yard for the cops to find

News9.com link featuring the tale of the hogtyin' Tulsan plus several embarrassed looking shots of the hog-tied, would-be burglar. And a video.

Tulsa Homeowner Hogties Potential Burglar.
    TULSA, Oklahoma - A burglary suspect got quite the surprise Wednesday morning. Police say Robert Cole tried to break into a home, but ended up hogtied in the front yard.
    ---
    It all started when the Houstons heard the glass break outside their daughter's bedroom around 6 o'clock Wednesday morning.

"That folding chair was in her bedroom, shattered glass all over the place, and I said, 'A raccoon didn't do that.' And he was just like, 'Oh God,'" wife Denay Houston said.

They heard rustling inside the garage and Houston's husband went to the front door.

"And then he waited for him to come out and then he bum-rushed him," she said.

He did more than just bum-rush him--her husband tied Robert Cole's hands and feet behind his back; hogtied him.

"I was like, 'That's my man!' I was really proud of him," Houston said.

As soon as Cole was tied up, Houston said her husband turned to her and said he had to leave, had to go work.
    ---
    So, he called police and let his wife watch over his catch.
    ---
    But it does beg the question: when he had finished tying Cole up, did he raise his arms in victory like these pros?

"He didn't do that. He was just like (nods head), kind of like the head nod, like, 'Okay, what's done is done.'"
    ---
    more at the link with pictures and video

#oklahomastrong

Now that's a man. Roped the burglar, tied him up then left the wife to clean it up!

Seriously though I am glad he got him and got him under control.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

The song "Don't Come Around Here No More" comes to mind.

I just felt my uterus convulse.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion but not to his own facts. --Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Her husband sounds awesome!

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

I could have bum-rushed the intruder but then the intruder would probably wind up hogtying me.

I don't know what Jenks is, but the alleged burglar seemed to have thought he was there. He broke that window and even took the caulking with the broken spot. It's nice to see a suspect not be shot and killed.

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    I don't know what Jenks is, but the alleged burglar seemed to have thought he was there. He broke that window and even took the caulking with the broken spot. It's nice to see a suspect not be shot and killed.
    Jenks is in Tulsa County, a suburb of Tulsa. Not far away but, well, far enough that this fellow shouldn't have been that confused.

Here's the Mail article - not much new but does have one picture of the bum-rushing, hogtying hero:

The moment homeowner hogties would-be robber then left him outside for police and went to work

Good job, Willie. Protecting your family is a good three-word answer to what life's all about.

The husband – who was not identified in reports but works with horses and reportedly knows his way around a rope – hid behind their front door and sprang out when the suspect, Robert Cole, 31, passed, the report said.

He managed to hogtie Cole and call police before leaving the scene for work, the report said.

"That's just the type of person he is, you know? That's just the type of person he is. Business is business. 'I got to take care of business, he's safe, the police are coming, I got to go,'" Houston told News9.com . "That's my man. I got adrenaline running through me like nobody's business right now, and being nine months pregnant doesn't help any."

Police said Cole appeared to be on drugs at the time of his arrest, News On 6 reports.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/04...#ixzz2Y6rOd0gD[/quote]
    Last edited by PoirotryInMotion; 07-04-2013 at 04:46 PM.
    ~ Fly with the wind. ~

Gotta say, though, Iím wondering why the druggie broke the bedroom window, then came through the front door...he must've missed this all-time award-winning public service announcement...

http://youtu.be/nl5gBJGnaXs
    ~ Fly with the wind. ~