scotland yard investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

brit1981

Reaction score
The metropolitan police service ( also referred to as Scotland yard or MPs) have formally announced that they are opening an investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. They stated they have thirty eight persons of interest, and crucially that they believe Madeleine may be alive as they have found no conclusive evidence to say she died.

http://content.met.police.uk/Appeal...leine-McCann-case/1400018438045/1257246745782

The metropolitan police service ( also referred to as Scotland yard or MPs) have formally announced that they are opening an investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. They stated they have thirty eight persons of interest, and crucially that they believe Madeleine may be alive as they have found no conclusive evidence to say she died.

http://content.met.police.uk/Appeal...leine-McCann-case/1400018438045/1257246745782

I would recommend to any one that if they can they should try reading the official reports on the case by the PJS that included all the statements etc. They were released two or three years ago now in Portugese but were translated into English by some people. I really really really hope that Madeline is alive I honestly do but there was a video where the two dogs hit at various points in that apartment and the car and that cant be denied and then there is the worrying sighting that IF true means that Gerry and Jez should have seen Jane but they didn't. Then there is the worrying sighting by Martin Smith.

Latest update on Madeleine McCann case
04 July 2013

"We have identified 38 persons of interest from a number of European countries. Twelve of those people are UK Nationals who we believe were in Portugal at the time Madeleine disappeared.

Something gives me the feeling that this is going to be a very real attempt to get to the bottom of this case.

The MPS will be as open as our operational priorities allow but in the context of this complex operating environment we appeal for media restraint. There is a real risk that a lack of restraint could serve to seriously undermine our ability to progress.

Interesting.

I would recommend to any one that if they can they should try reading the official reports on the case by the PJS that included all the statements etc. They were released two or three years ago now in Portugese but were translated into English by some people. I really really really hope that Madeline is alive I honestly do but there was a video where the two dogs hit at various points in that apartment and the car and that cant be denied and then there is the worrying sighting that IF true means that Gerry and Jez should have seen Jane but they didn't. Then there is the worrying sighting by Martin Smith.

The MPS (also referred to as the met or Scotland yard) have all the files from Portugal and had them professionally translated whereas only 80% are on the internet and have been poorly translated in some cases, they also have information from UK police involved in 2007 and private investigators. They have announced in a press conference that they have 38 persons of interest, that the parents and holiday friends are not people of interest or suspects, and that there is no evidence that Madeleine died and they continue to believe she may be alive.

I almost had a heart attack when I heard her case was being opened. What a wonderful surprise. I do hope that Madeleine is out there somewhere tonight, alive and well. But I just don't get this, that these dogs whose work was beyond repute made their hits in error. That one thing alone should give pause that she was taken from her parents motel room at least 2 hours after death!

It has been so long since I have studied this case. I need to bone up. I remember Eddie's name and only that her partner's name began with a K. lol Keela {I think} was the dog whose field of expertise was hitting on blood. I don't know if she hit on Madeleine's blood. But Eddie, How could LE discount his hits? ???

There must be something we don't know about.

Hi to all my dear friends here ;}

I hope something comes out if this so much!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The MPS will be as open as our operational priorities allow but in the context of this complex operating environment we appeal for media restraint. There is a real risk that a lack of restraint could serve to seriously undermine our ability to progress.

Then why give a statement at all? Why not wait until going public no longer undermines your ability to progress?
:waitasec:

I'm sure if I had anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance I would already be spooked by these vague hints.

Do you think we're being a hinderance by discussing this?

I almost had a heart attack when I heard her case was being opened. What a wonderful surprise. I do hope that Madeleine is out there somewhere tonight, alive and well. But I just don't get this, that these dogs whose work was beyond repute made their hits in error. That one thing alone should give pause that she was taken from her parents motel room at least 2 hours after death!

It has been so long since I have studied this case. I need to bone up. I remember Eddie's name and only that her partner's name began with a K. lol Keela {I think} was the dog whose field of expertise was hitting on blood. I don't know if she hit on Madeleine's blood. But Eddie, How could LE discount his hits? ???

There must be something we don't know about.

Hi to all my dear friends here ;}

I really do not get where this idea that eddies work was being repute, he was a top dog etc, came from. At the time he was used in pdl his handler was just retiring from south Yorkshire pro,ice and starting his own company using the dogs. At south Yorkshire police he had only ever found one body on his own, so not even the best in south Yorkshire. There was never anything stated about not being wrong in 200 cases, just that his handler said he had never alerted to food in 200 cases. His handler also states that he alerts to blood and all bodily fluids even if they came from a living person.

After the McCann case Eddie was used in a care home in jersey. He alerted to material thought to be a skull, but which turned out to be coconut. The use of Eddie sand his handler was heavily critcized partly due to the huge cost in comparison to actual police dogs and the fact the dog had no licence.

Then why give a statement at all? Why not wait until going public no longer undermines your ability to progress?

I'm sure if I had anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance I would already be spooked by these vague hints.

UK media had as already started going crazy, so mps made a statement and then asked for restraint. UK has laws about reporting on ongoing cases so will be interesting to see how media behave.

Honestly, if Scotland Yard did not expect such an announcement regarding the case of MADDIE would create a media frenzy, then I'm really doubting their ability to come to a logical conclusion. Thus I don't get any high hopes.
I also doubt it's an international pedo exchange program. Most likely those are just individuals who can be placed in Portugal during summer of '07. Most, if not all of them, would have had way less opportunity to make her disappear than, say, Maddie's parents. So I don't get too excited about them being called POIs.

Honestly, if Scotland Yard did not expect such an announcement regarding the case of MADDIE would create a media frenzy, then I'm really doubting their ability to come to a logical conclusion. Thus I don't get any high hopes.
I also doubt it's an international pedo exchange program. Most likely those are just individuals who can be placed in Portugal during summer of '07. Most, if not all of them, would have had way less opportunity to make her disappear than, say, Maddie's parents. So I don't get too excited about them being called POIs.

I also don't necessarily think any of these vacationers took her as I would think they were under watch while in Portugal and opportunity would be slim at best. IMO

Scotland Yard has already made some inappropriate and empty statements about this case.

Two years in, they are repeating them.

I would prefer to see the investigation actually begin. They don't even need to go back to Portugal, they can start by getting the Tapas Crew re-interviewed.

Ironic, isn't it?!
The minute any mention of MMc hits the papers its generates interest.

there are strong laws regardng the reporting of ongoing investigations in the UK, so any media that crosses the line could now face contempt of court charges as the investigation is taking place in the UK. I also think this may have been done becuase the news would force portugal to allow them to investigate in Portugal. Portugal have refused to investigate the case unless they are presented with new evidence, so they care not going to look good if they refuse to allow the UK to investigate either. there is a rumour that one POI is a paedophile now in priosn who lived in the area at the time, but obviously met are not saying anything. I also do not see how her parents had more opportunity, they had an hour or so at most in daylight on foot etc, anyone else had a lot longer as well as darkness, and possibly their own property/car/boat etc. lets face it there was a gap of nearly an hour between madeleine last being seen by her father, and her mother finding her missing. She could have been eighty miles away by that time, and no passports needed to cross borders in most of the mainland in europe.

there are strong laws regardng the reporting of ongoing investigations in the UK, so any media that crosses the line could now face contempt of court charges as the investigation is taking place in the UK. I also think this may have been done becuase the news would force portugal to allow them to investigate in Portugal. Portugal have refused to investigate the case unless they are presented with new evidence, so they care not going to look good if they refuse to allow the UK to investigate either. there is a rumour that one POI is a paedophile now in priosn who lived in the area at the time, but obviously met are not saying anything. I also do not see how her parents had more opportunity, they had an hour or so at most in daylight on foot etc, anyone else had a lot longer as well as darkness, and possibly their own property/car/boat etc. lets face it there was a gap of nearly an hour between madeleine last being seen by her father, and her mother finding her missing. She could have been eighty miles away by that time, and no passports needed to cross borders in most of the mainland in europe.

Hi Brit, Re that rumor: Was the name of this POI now in prison bandied about when we all were studying the case or printed in the media? Do you know anything more about that person?

Hi Brit, Re that rumor: Was the name of this POI now in prison bandied about when we all were studying the case or printed in the media? Do you know anything more about that person?

No, its a recent rumour but no details have been provided.

No British court is involved in this affair, so no sub judice can prevail, and especially seeing as no one has been arrested or charged. All the police can do is say to the media to please be careful, which is what Andy Redwood, the DCI, said in his press conference. Which begs the question, why say anything at all about potential supsects, when they know media speculation will run riot. And the proof is that they have done.

No British court is involved in this affair, so no sub judice can prevail, and especially seeing as no one has been arrested or charged. All the police can do is say to the media to please be careful, which is what Andy Redwood, the DCI, said in his press conference. Which begs the question, why say anything at all about potential supsects, when they know media speculation will run riot. And the proof is that they have done.

Not necessarily, subjudice can apply to an ongoing investigation, which is why even though he was never charged media were ground guilty of contempt of court for their reporting of his being arrested. So any media reporting now have to be very, very careful as British people can be prosecuted in the UK for murder, manslaughter and some crimes against children committed abroad which means contempt can come into play.

I think it's a witch hunt initiated by the parents. They need look no further than them. This was a cover up from the get go but this is just my OPINION not an attack on the parents of a missing child. As I said before, had this happened in the US of A, Kate would be in Jail much like Casey A was. I stand by these beliefs based on the evidence in the case. Not in the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni