668 users online (88 members and 580 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brit1981 View Post
    there are strong laws regardng the reporting of ongoing investigations in the UK, so any media that crosses the line could now face contempt of court charges as the investigation is taking place in the UK. I also think this may have been done becuase the news would force portugal to allow them to investigate in Portugal. Portugal have refused to investigate the case unless they are presented with new evidence, so they care not going to look good if they refuse to allow the UK to investigate either. there is a rumour that one POI is a paedophile now in priosn who lived in the area at the time, but obviously met are not saying anything. I also do not see how her parents had more opportunity, they had an hour or so at most in daylight on foot etc, anyone else had a lot longer as well as darkness, and possibly their own property/car/boat etc. lets face it there was a gap of nearly an hour between madeleine last being seen by her father, and her mother finding her missing. She could have been eighty miles away by that time, and no passports needed to cross borders in most of the mainland in europe.
    Hi Brit, Re that rumor: Was the name of this POI now in prison bandied about when we all were studying the case or printed in the media? Do you know anything more about that person?

Quote Originally Posted by scandi View Post
    Hi Brit, Re that rumor: Was the name of this POI now in prison bandied about when we all were studying the case or printed in the media? Do you know anything more about that person?
    No, its a recent rumour but no details have been provided.

there are strong laws regardng the reporting of ongoing investigations in the UK, so any media that crosses the line could now face contempt of court charges as the investigation is taking place in the UK. I also think this may have been done becuase the news would force portugal to allow them to investigate in Portugal. Portugal have refused to investigate the case unless they are presented with new evidence, so they care not going to look good if they refuse to allow the UK to investigate either. there is a rumour that one POI is a paedophile now in priosn who lived in the area at the time, but obviously met are not saying anything. I also do not see how her parents had more opportunity, they had an hour or so at most in daylight on foot etc, anyone else had a lot longer as well as darkness, and possibly their own property/car/boat etc. lets face it there was a gap of nearly an hour between madeleine last being seen by her father, and her mother finding her missing. She could have been eighty miles away by that time, and no passports needed to cross borders in most of the mainland in europe.
    No British court is involved in this affair, so no sub judice can prevail, and especially seeing as no one has been arrested or charged. All the police can do is say to the media to please be careful, which is what Andy Redwood, the DCI, said in his press conference. Which begs the question, why say anything at all about potential supsects, when they know media speculation will run riot. And the proof is that they have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutchbag View Post
    No British court is involved in this affair, so no sub judice can prevail, and especially seeing as no one has been arrested or charged. All the police can do is say to the media to please be careful, which is what Andy Redwood, the DCI, said in his press conference. Which begs the question, why say anything at all about potential supsects, when they know media speculation will run riot. And the proof is that they have done.
    Not necessarily, subjudice can apply to an ongoing investigation, which is why even though he was never charged media were ground guilty of contempt of court for their reporting of his being arrested. So any media reporting now have to be very, very careful as British people can be prosecuted in the UK for murder, manslaughter and some crimes against children committed abroad which means contempt can come into play.

I think it's a witch hunt initiated by the parents. They need look no further than them. This was a cover up from the get go but this is just my OPINION not an attack on the parents of a missing child. As I said before, had this happened in the US of A, Kate would be in Jail much like Casey A was. I stand by these beliefs based on the evidence in the case. Not in the media.
    Dont Be A Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry View Post
    I think it's a witch hunt initiated by the parents. They need look no further than them. This was a cover up from the get go but this is just my OPINION not an attack on the parents of a missing child. As I said before, had this happened in the US of A, Kate would be in Jail much like Casey A was. I stand by these beliefs based on the evidence in the case. Not in the media.

She may have went too jail but she wouldn't still be there, much like Casey! There was more evidence in Casey's case and a body! And where is Casey? Well I would guess that is up too her since she's free too do whatever she wants. In america the justice system protects the guilty more then the innocent.

The police investigation is a witch hunt? Why do you say that? There is no evidence against the parents, and met have stated they are not persons of interest or suspects and the met have all the available evidence correctly translated, and are not basing their statement on internet rumour or misinterpretations of evidence or poor translations.

Not necessarily, subjudice can apply to an ongoing investigation, which is why even though he was never charged media were ground guilty of contempt of court for their reporting of his being arrested. So any media reporting now have to be very, very careful as British people can be prosecuted in the UK for murder, manslaughter and some crimes against children committed abroad which means contempt can come into play.

I have no idea who you are talking about. In THIS case, there is no sub judice restrictions, no judge, no attorney general has declared anything of the sort.

Any uk investigation automatically comes under UK law and sub justice is automatic as judge does not declare it for each case. Christopher Jefferies was never charged yet the media were found guilty of contempt of court for their reporting of his arrest.

Any uk investigation automatically comes under UK law and sub justice is automatic as judge does not declare it for each case. Christopher Jefferies was never charged yet the media were found guilty of contempt of court for their reporting of his arrest.

Rubbish

there is no sub judice laws indices warnings or anything similar being brought to bear on the maddie case as a result of scotland yard reviewing the case, it just does not exist, no uk LE or court is involved, when scotland Yard finally manage to finish the review, as they are only three quarters of the way through, and if and when theyactually DO start an investigation, not just talk about it, then we shall see

Oh dear

Madeleine: DAYBREAK Interview DCI Andy Redwood April 27 2012 - YouTube

The chief on the case sys its possible she was abducted, nothing more

And here*right at the end, he says he hopes for resolution, but that doesnt mean solving the case, *what? What does it *mean then??

BBC Andy Redwood - YouTube
    Last edited by KateB; 04-26-2015 at 09:29 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Resolution = everybody stop asking uncomfortable questions.
    Everything I post is my opinion only, can change at any time, and is not intended to replace fact.
    Critical Thinking is often criticised.
    KISS

A resolution would be finding out what happened to Madeleine even if culprit not identified. And the latest press conference from Scotland yard saw them state that none of the tapas nine were suspects or persons of interest.

A resolution would be finding out what happened to Madeleine even if culprit not identified. And the latest press conference from Scotland yard saw them state that none of the tapas nine were suspects or persons of interest.
    Err, how does that work?

And the statement saying none are of interest is police speechand nothing more

If she was found and the original abductor not found, then it is a resolution as Madeleine is found, but its not solved as the culprit is not identified.

And the police did not have to go into details, they chose to say none of the tapas nine were suspects.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast