07-04-2013, 02:48 PM #1
Timeline of events in the case of Tim Bosma - May 5, 2013 to June 13, 2013.
Tim Bosma listed his 2007, black Dodge Ram 3500 for sale on-line on Kijiji and AutoTrader, asking price $25,000. He left his wife and two year old daughter the night of May 5th, 2013, to take two strange men on a test drive at approximately 9:10 to 9:30pm. It has been reported the suspects were to arrive earlier that evening for the test drive but showed up late. Tim was murdered, police believe that night and his body was burnt beyond recognition. Dellen Millard and Mark Smich have been arrested and are charged with first degree murder. DM is also charged with forcible confinement and theft over $5,000.
Sunday, May 5, 2013
- Police say two men believed to be the suspects in the Bosma disappearance test drove a truck in Etobicoke the previous day. The man whose truck was driven told police he found them suspicious. He gave detailed descriptions of both suspects including a tattoo on the wrist of one suspect DM reading "Ambition".
Monday, May 6, 2013
- Bosma, 32, leaves his Ancaster, Ont. home in his Dodge Ram 3500 truck at around 9:30 p.m. in the company of two men who responded to an ad Bosma placed online through Kijiji. Bosma’s truck is later spotted in Brantford according to a tip police received during their investigation.
- LE later reports that Bosma’s vehicle was spotted in downtown Brantford on Monday night. They asked that any surveillance video from businesses in the area be turned in to help locate the truck. It was reported by Detective Kavahagh, “Video evidence that we've now recovered shows that when Mr. Bosma's vehicle left his residence, there was a second vehicle following.”
Tuesday, May 7, 2013
- Hamilton Police Service release a statement declaring Bosma officially missing.
- The announcement sets off a "social media frenzy".
Thursday, May 9, 2013
- Bosma’s wife Sharlene gives a public press conference pleading for her husband's safe return.
Friday, May 10, 2013
- Police announce that they have located Bosma’s cellphone while searching an industrial area in Brantford, and release updated descriptions of the two suspects.
- Dellen Millard is taken into custody by Hamilton Police Service. A lengthy interview commences.
- A neighbor photographs a large incinerator on Millard's farm and turns the photo over to LE.
Saturday, May 11, 2013
- During a press conference Saturday afternoon, HPS informs the public that Dellen Millard, 27, of Etobicoke was arrested without incident on Cawthra road. He has been charged with forcible confinement and theft over $5,000 late Saturday morning.
Sunday, May 12, 2013
- After receiving a tip from a neighbour, police find a trailer registered to Millard’s company parked at his mother’s (Madeline B's) home in Kleinburg. Bosma’s black pickup truck is found inside.
Monday, May 13, 2013
- A search warrant is executed at Dellen Millard's North Dumfries farm.
- A second search is underway at the Millard Air hangar in Waterloo.
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
- Hamilton police Chief Glenn De Caire says officers have discovered what they believe are Bosma’s remains. The remains appear to have been burned. Police say that Bosma’s remains were found in the Waterloo region but will not confirm at which location.
- Hamilton Police Staff Sgt. Matt Kavanagh says Millard will be charged with first degree murder. He also reveals that Bosma was targeted and likely died soon after his disappearance.
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
- Millard is formally charged with first-degree murder. He was ordered detained until a bail hearing can be arranged, and will appear again by video remand on June 13.
Thursday, May 16, 2013
- Hamilton Police announce that an incinerator was seized from a large plot of land in Ayr, Ontario owned by Dellen Millard.
- Investigations continue on the Waterloo properties the Ayr farm and hangars at the Waterloo Airport owned by Millard. Police say they have received over 700 tips from the public in regards to the death of Tim Bosma.
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- Deepak Paradkar, the lawyer for Dellen Millard, says media reports based on alleged police leaks are turning public opinion against his client.
- *Toronto police have reopened the investigation into Millard’s father’s apparent suicide.
- *Toronto Police are investigating a connection between Millard and Laura Babcock a Toronto woman who went missing in 2012 and was known to Dellen.
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
- Hundreds gather at a memorial service for Bosma.
- *Hamilton police confirm that they have arrested a second suspect. Mark Smich, 25, is scheduled to appear in court the next day to face a charge of first-degree murder.
Thursday, May 23, 2013
- Smich is formally charged with first-degree murder. The suspect’s lawyer says his client will plead not guilty. Smich is remanded into custody until his next court appearance on June 13.
Tuesday, May 28, 2013
- Toronto Police homicide investigators they have received a search warrant for Dellen Millard’s farm in Ayr, Ontario.
*However, police do not confirm which homicide they are investigating.
Thursday, June 13, 2013
- Dellen Millard and Mark Smich have their case put over until August. The two men said little during separate appearances via video in a Hamilton courtroom.
Last edited by bessie; 07-06-2013 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Made corrections per poster's request. Added linksRest in peace Tori, Tim and Jeremy.
"On May 6th, the devil led the vilest form of evil down my driveway and it smiled at me before it took Tim away." Good always triumphs over evil. Keep the faith, justice will prevail. .
By Cubby in forum Anna Christian WatersReplies: 14Last Post: 04-25-2012, 01:34 AM