Identified! UK - Scotland, remains found in shallow grave, Jun'13 - Philomena Dunleavy

ellie b

Reaction score
A cyclist reported finding part of the body last Thursday (6th June 2013). Detectives are appealing for help in identifying the victim.

Detective Chief Inspector Keith Hardie told Sky News: "The victim’s body had been dismembered before it was buried on Corstorphine Hill.

"We believed this may have been within a time frame of a matter of a few weeks but possibly as much as six months.

Wow. That is pretty recent. I bet this will be ID'd fairly quickly. There are probably not too many women missing from that area. :rose:

1372681827-731.jpg

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...ease-reconstruction-of-womans-face.1372681827

The woman could well be an import, "on the game," as it were. No family near to miss her immediate presence.

This poor woman, I hope her perp is found and justice is served for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IF she was part of the travelling community that could possibly hinder identification. I don't think that they have much to do with police/authorities. Not sure how readily they would report one of their own missing. (Again this is only MOO)

The killer of a woman whose dismembered remains were found buried in a shallow grave on Corstorphine Hill left none of their own DNA or other forensic material at the scene, detectives said today.
But whoever was responsible for the gruesome murder did not leave behind a single bodily trace which could aid the police hunt – in a move branded “highly unusual” by police sources.

They say it appears the 
killer has taken “extreme care” to avoid leaving any personal markers and believe they could even be dealing with a suspect – or multiple suspects – who have anatomical or butchery experience.

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/latest-news/corstorphine-hill-murder-killer-left-no-dna-1-2985650

The killer of a woman whose dismembered remains were found buried in a shallow grave on Corstorphine Hill left none of their own DNA or other forensic material at the scene, detectives said today.
But whoever was responsible for the gruesome murder did not leave behind a single bodily trace which could aid the police hunt – in a move branded “highly unusual” by police sources.

They say it appears the 
killer has taken “extreme care” to avoid leaving any personal markers and believe they could even be dealing with a suspect – or multiple suspects – who have anatomical or butchery experience.

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-e...hine-hill-murder-killer-left-no-dna-1-2985650

[bbm]

that's creepy & reminds me of Jack the Ripper ...

Corstorphine Hill body find: Police identify woman buried in shallow grave in nature reserve. (dailyrecord.co.uk)---
The identity of the murdered woman will not be released until her next of kin has been informed.
---
Detective Chief Inspector Keith Hardie said: "Identifying the victim was the first priority of this murder investigation and I would like to thank the public and the media for their help in achieving that aim.
---
"We are progressing our inquiries into the circumstances of this woman's death and to finding those responsible for it."
---
more at the link

I am pleased that she has her name back, but I feel so terribly sorry for those poor relatives/friends who are receiving such devastating news.

Wow what a great facial reconstruction. And why would a son do this to his mother!? Evil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From January 2015:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-30814617

A man who killed his mother before burying her dismembered body in a shallow grave in Edinburgh has been jailed for nine years.

James Dunleavy, 41, killed 66-year-old Philomena Dunleavy following a row at his flat in Edinburgh in spring 2013.

Dunleavy was convicted of culpable homicide due to diminished responsibility at the High Court in Edinburgh in January 2014.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back