Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NC - Kevin Bowman, 33, Conover, 30 June 2013

NC - Kevin Bowman, 33, Conover, 30 June 2013

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Conov...214418691.html

CONOVER, N.C. -- Conover police are asking for the public’s help to find a missing man.

Kevin Glenn Bowman, 33, hasn’t been seen since Sunday. He was last known to be at home in the 700 block of 3rd Street PL SW in Conover.

He’s described as being 5-foot-11, 150 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a black T-shirt and blue jeans.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Conover Police Department at 828-464-4698.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to danzn16 For This Useful Post:

http://mobi.hickoryrecord.com/hickor...tguid=QEVD1dVe

Says he was reporting missing on Tuesday by his sister.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to danzn16 For This Useful Post:

Ok, not meant as a criticism (I like big men) but, he does not weigh 150 lbs at 5'11" going by the picture. Perhaps they meant 250 lbs.

eta: Only pointing that out because if folks are looking for a tall skinny guy, they are going to overlook this fella.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ada For This Useful Post:

Is it unusual for a single man in his 30's to go somewhere for a few days without telling anyone? Did he miss work? Or did he usually keep in daily contact with his sister? Or did they have plans that he missed? Is his vehicle missing too if he had one?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ada View Post
    Ok, not meant as a criticism (I like big men) but, he does not weigh 150 lbs at 5'11" going by the picture. Perhaps they meant 250 lbs.

eta: Only pointing that out because if folks are looking for a tall skinny guy, they are going to overlook this fella.
    I thought the same thing

10. The Following User Says Thank You to danzn16 For This Useful Post:

They've had time to put out more info on this man. No vehicle? Girlfriend? Job? Who saw him last?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sophiebelle For This Useful Post:

Rescuers search for missing 33-year-old Conover man

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/loca...ver-man/nYfcs/
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mikkismom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mikkismom View Post
    Rescuers search for missing 33-year-old Conover man

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/loca...ver-man/nYfcs/
    From article above that answers some previously asked questions:

Bowman was reported missing on Tuesday. His family last saw him on June 30 when they met for dinner at the home of his sister in Hickory. Bowman left around 9 p.m. He did not show up for work at Carroll Leather on Monday or Tuesday, and staff at the business contacted Bolick Tuesday morning to check on him, at which time Bolick reported him missing to police.

Bowman's car was found parked in front of his apartment on Third Street Place SW. The door to his apartment was locked. Police entered the apartment to find no sign of a struggle and Bowman's belongings undisturbed.
    So he did not show up for work, car is not missing, family saw him last, and apartment has no signs of struggle. I wonder if he normally walked to places or if this is abnormal for him?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danzn16 For This Useful Post:

Thanks for the update link. Seems from the article he is close with family - ex. they get together for dinners regularly and stay in contact. Seems he would have given them a heads up that he was going off with someone - even if not giving details (as he is referred to as a private person). His work must have thought not showing on Mon/Tues or calling-in, to be out of the ordinary for him - ex. they contacted family.

The curious finding of his car being at home, apt locked and no sign of any problem in the apt - reminds me of a case I read within the past year on WS. For the life of me I cannot recall the name (sorry) but findings were similar. That man was located somewhere on the property; while doing some work he had fallen into a closed space, could not get out and I believe they determined he suffocated). I hope they look and re-look real good at any places in, under, above his home, any outbuildings, etc.

This town seems to be right off of I-40. I wonder if he has health issues? I wonder whether he has a pet at his apt?
    Hope he is found or shows up OK soon.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JustyThoughts For This Useful Post:

An additional missing site link. http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/kevin-bowman/
    includes:
    200 lbs, beard, glasses
    Has a tattoo that goes around one of his ankles – Could have more.
    Bowman has not been seen or heard from since 06/30/13 at approximately 9:00 p.m. and was last known to be at his apartment along 3rd Street PL SW in Conover, North Carolina. Bowman left behind his keys, wallet, cell phone and asthma inhaler.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustyThoughts For This Useful Post:

Police still searching for missing Conover man

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Conov...214418691.html
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikkismom For This Useful Post:

Has there been any additional information released on this missing man? His family must be heartbroken.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to JustyThoughts For This Useful Post:

I found this report that includes comment by mother and neighbor.

http://www.wccbcharlotte.com/news/to...214554801.html

Does this man frequent bars? Are there any near where he lives in Conover that he could walk to? Last time seen was Sunday by neighbor. Does he normally do anything particular on Sunday? Anyone angry at him at work? He needs to be found soon, his poor family!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to danzn16 For This Useful Post:

I failed to mention in post #13 - the link I posted includes the news video. Shows his mama (bless her heart), his apt. building, car and notes that he usually wears a black tshirt and jeans. His wallet, car keys, cell phone and an inhaler was found in his apt.

Previous reports said that his family usually gets together on Sundays. He was reported to have left his sister's home in Hickory the last time he was seen by family. We would assume he made it home that Sunday night since his car was there (as well as keys, wallet, cell, etc).

He is reported to be a hard worker, average Joe, etc. Seems from the limited amount being reported.... whatever caused him to go missing happened after he got home Sunday night and the time he was to report to work on Monday. I wonder if he has internet/puter at home? Wonder if his cell (found at apt) and the computer have been searched for anything relevant?

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JustyThoughts For This Useful Post:

They should definitely search his cell phone and computer. Someone could have picked him up at his house instead of him walking. Maybe it was an arranged meeting, or less likely it could be an abduction.

He wasn't selling anything on Craigslist, was he (a question for the family and friends)?

And it goes without saying, I hope, that they should search the full area of his property extensively. We had a case fairly near me here in NC where the woman's body was found on her own property waaaaay later. Unexcusable!

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to writer7 For This Useful Post:

Family seeks help from community in finding missing Conover man

http://www.hickoryrecord.com/news/ar...a4bcf6878.html

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikkismom For This Useful Post:

After reading that article, I may have a theory. If he lives in apartments and leaves his cell phone but puts his boots on, he might have been visiting a neighbor in the complex. He didn't take his cell phone because he was going to be right back, or because he wouldn't be taking calls (like when I mow). He knew he was near his apartment, so he never really left home in his mind as far as taking his phone, wallet, etc.

He probably had a spare door key that he just tucked in a pocket to step out or visit in the complex. I totally do that and leave my phone inside, too.

So my working theory is that he was helping or visiting with someone in the complex. So he may be in an apartment or driven away in their car Just a theory.

If he's the type to get in a car with someone, it's also possible that he was going to get something out of his car or something and someone pulled up saying they needed help, etc. Well, lots of things are possible.

I'd be checking really hard about who he might help or visit in that complex, though!

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to writer7 For This Useful Post:

Kind of odd he stopped to buy a shredder and put his cancelled checks through it twice? ( at Walmart, of course...)
    Just my opinion, of course.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

That is odd about shredding checks. I hope something turns up on his computer since it sounds like he used it often

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danzn16 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mikkismom View Post
    Family seeks help from community in finding missing Conover man

http://www.hickoryrecord.com/news/ar...a4bcf6878.html
    Thanks so much for posting this link mikkismom. It contains a good bit of "new" information; it is good to get this update on what has been going on. Seems from the read that family & LE are digging into all possibilities.

The shredder is curious; at the same time it could just be coincidence. It could be (hold) clues or it could be he had read about identity theft and wanted to start shredding imp. paperwork. I wonder if he had discussed/mentioned getting a shredder with anyone (family, work pals). Some shredders are designed to make double-cuts (don't know if that is the case here).

41. The Following User Says Thank You to JustyThoughts For This Useful Post:

Link to article:

http://www.observernewsonline.com/co...community-help

"The family of Kevin Glenn Bowman held a press conference Wednesday to ask the community for any leads in the missing mans case."

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustyThoughts For This Useful Post:

Volunteers wrap up second search for missing Conover man

See more at: http://www.charlottestar.com/index.p....wcdihchg.dpuf
    Where is Cherrie Mahan?
    Who is Snohomish County Jane Doe?
    Justice for Alanna Gallagher

"I cannot tell you how a child like that can get through the nine months, but she has done that. That concludes to us that she has a level of strength that I'm not sure any of us has."

Jane Young about Abigail Hernandez

45. The Following User Says Thank You to CatFancier For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by danzn16 View Post
    That is odd about shredding checks. I hope something turns up on his computer since it sounds like he used it often

My ex would do that. He stacked mail and cancelled checks for years (insert banging head) because he was afraid of identity theft, and then would end up shredding them all at once. Also, fwiw, I think we went through 3 shredders in our time-they seemed to break easy.

47. The Following User Says Thank You to Hejlena For This Useful Post:

http://northcarolina.arrests.org/Arr...llips_8065835/

Looks like a neighbor of his was arrested more than once this year for firearm violations. A felon, no less

49. The Following User Says Thank You to Hejlena For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast