GUILTY Australia - Shyam 'Sam' Dhody, 37, murdered, Gilston, QLD, 5 July 2013

Strangeworld

Reaction score
Man found shot dead in Gold Coast bed named as property investor Shyam (Sam) Dhody

The man and his partner, who had young children from previous relationships, had only moved into the house about two weeks ago, police said.

He said police were eager to speak to anyone who saw a person or vehicle in Sunbird Court or neighbouring Peter Mills Drive between 7am and 5pm on Friday.

http://www.news.com.au/national-new...stor-shyam-dhody/story-fnii5v6w-1226675120604

I heard on the Channel 9 news tonight that he had been attacked with a metal bar in front of his partner and his partner's children at their previous address. Nothing to suggest he is involved with bikie gangs or organised crime.

With such little information at this stage, the two possibilities that jump to mind are

1. what is the relationship like with his partner's ex (father of her children)? I would imagine she would have been able to identify him if he had attacked Sam at their previous house, but I guess it could have been a hit

2. I think more likely would be a business deal gone bad, or someone who has suffered financially from his business activities.

Neither have much substance at the moment, because there isn't much to go on.

Hope whoever is behind it is caught quickly.

The area where he had recently moved to appears to be semi-rural.

Sadly this is why since I have lived in Brisbane I have never been to the Gold Coast(18 months) as there are so many shootings there.

http://www.news.com.au/national-new...stor-shyam-dhody/story-fnii5v6w-1226675120604

In March, Mr Dhody was bashed with a crowbar and a concrete pot at his former home at Molendinar while partner Melissa Shaw and her two children were inside.

Banks had repossessed more than $1 million worth of his Gold Coast properties and the corporate regulator had moved to shut down one of his companies.

Two banks sued Mr Dhody to recover debts last year, the Commonwealth Bank launching legal action in the Brisbane District Court in March and Westpac in the Southport District Court in August.

If Mr Dhody owed money to the banks, I wonder who else he owed money to.

Someone who was not in a position to have it dealt with by the courts, would be my guess.

I wonder if he was given until the end of the Financial year to sort it and failed. I'd say the beating 3 months ago was a warning.

:moo::moo:

Good point about the end of financial year, ozgirl!

Someone could be having heaps of trouble getting their books straight in time for the accountant.

Just :moo:, of course.

I thought I heard on some threads here, maybe the gun control one, that there were no guns in Australia.

Just wondering.

there are guns in australia, we just have stricter laws regarding posession of firearms.
where did you get the idea that there are no guns in oz?

I thought I heard on some threads here, maybe the gun control one, that there were no guns in Australia.

Just wondering.

There's quite a lot of info about Australian gun controls laws at this wiki link...

Gun politics have only become a notable issue in Australia since the 1980s. Low levels of violent crime through much of the 20th century kept levels of public concern about firearms low. In the last two decades of the century, following several high profile multiple murders and a media campaign, the Australian government co-ordinated more restrictive firearms legislation with all state governments

Gun politics in Australia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Indian family of Gold Coast murder victim Shyam Dhody make public appeal for help to catch killer

July 09, 2013

THE Indian-based family of Gold Coast murder victim Shyam 'Sam' Dhody have made an emotional plea for public help to catch his killer.

Supt Hutchinson said police had received good information from the public but still wanted more, especially in relation to Mr Dhody's business dealings.

They also want to speak to anyone who saw any person or vehicle near Mr Dhody's Sunbird Court home at Gilston last Friday.

Call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333000.

http://www.news.com.au/national-new...-to-catch-killer/story-fnii5v6w-1226676593206

Stephanie Bedo and Lucy Ardern | July 8th, 2013

POLICE believe troubled Gold Coast businessman Shyam "Sam" Dhody was executed last week at Gilston because of a bad debt.

But much of their focus was on Mr Dhody's business affairs, with police sources confirming they believed his murder was a hit.

Westpac and the Commonwealth Bank last year both took action against Mr Dhody for unpaid debts.

Business searches showed the Indian-born businessman was declared bankrupt two years ago.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2013/07/08/454204_crime-and-court-news.html

Police investigating murder of Sam Dhody want to speak to a man matching this description #tennews pic.twitter.com/ZjTgJkQH68

TEN News Queensland (@tennewsqld)
19/07/13 11:32 AM
RT @AmberAW

I can't load the picture as I am not on my laptop. This guy has distinctive scars on his chin.

Killing someone who owes you money is a sure way not to get repaid...

Houses raided in Gold Coast murder probe

BY JASON RAWLINS
UPDATED 1 HR 5 MIN AGO

Forensic tests will be carried out on a number of items seized as part of a police investigation into a murder on Queensland's Gold Coast.

The body of Indian-born businessman Sam Dhody was found in his bed at his Gilston home in the Gold Coast hinterland earlier this month.

The 37-year-old had been shot.

Police revealed that Mr Dhody had also been assaulted with a crowbar in March.

Detectives executed search warrants on a property at Bribie Island and two at Lismore yesterday

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-26/houses-raided-in-gold-coast-murder-probe/4845160

Cops close to arrest in Gold Coast murder

AAP
August 2, 2013, 2:37 pm

Police say they're close to arresting someone over the shooting murder of a Gold Coast businessman, who was found dead in his bed.

Images of a purple 2004 Ford Falcon sedan were released on Friday with police keen to hear from anyone in the vicinity of Sunbird Court at Gilston on July 5 or in the days leading up to that date.

The vehicle was seized by police during their investigations and officers are hoping to establish that it was near Mr Dhody's house in the lead-up to his murder.

Detective Superintendent David Hutchinson told reporters the owner of the car was a "person of interest" in the murder.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/queensland...e-to-arrest-in-gold-coast-murder/?cmp=twitter

the police travelled to a hospital to speak with a man they think is involved ...

I think I can guess how he's involved but I wonder why he's in the hospital?

I thought maybe he was a hitman or she was having an affair. Sad situation for the children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back