Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Rest in Peace, pretty girl.

7efi.jpg

Alanna Gallagher

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/07/03/...rl-identified-as-6-year-old-alanna-gallagher/

Thread #1 Thread #2

TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw Timeline and Media Links *NO DISCUSSION*

Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

AND don't overlook these!!!!

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed.

Thanks,

Salem

Please continue here and review the rules in the previous post.

DO NOT post personal information about the parents beyond what has been reported in MSM

DO NOT sleuth any individual who has not been indicated as a person of interest per MSM.

DO NOT suggest that any individual is the perpetrator unless indicated as a person of interest per MSM.

Thanks for your post!! It helped me nail down better my thoughts on the case. Wondering if we're dealing with a perp that is 'in between' these stages you mentioned? In other words, somewhere in between fantasizing & an escalated killer ... if that makes sense. Not a rookie but not an extremely experienced killer, yet. Does the binding of this young child tell you anything about this killer?

Me personally? No but this is far, far outside my area of expertise. :blushing: I just read the textbooks because I think it is so interesting how people's actions can betray their secrets and that there reliable meaningful patterns as to how that happens....it is accessible to science. Another example which is much closer to my own field is the science of micro expressions (Paul Ekman - if you remember the tv series Lie to Me). We may have a story we want to tell, but our behaviors will tell their own story. Anyway.

I think what you said about the person being in the in-between stages could make sense. Say he has this rich fantasy life that we were talking about but for some reason hasn't acted out his fantasies until now. We could be talking about a person who is really unprepared when something happens that doesn't fit in with the fantasy. Or when it comes to needing to conceal what he has done. Whereas someone who has had more experience acting out the fantasy might find the clean-up equally irrelevant to his fantasy, but now knows from experience how to plan for it. I dunno...really speculating here. I'm just thinking that with practice people improve, and I'd guess that also goes for hiding their crimes. But of course there are experienced offenders who get caught because they did something very careless, something that at least I would think, "he should've known better."

I don't think this is a serial offender either.

I think it is an opportunistic predator who got his first chance and took it.

The location of the body implies disorganisation, not planning.

It also implies someone with local knowledge.

I believe if the "fallen out" theory is accurate, the perp was in a hurry. A heck of a hurry. Maybe his wife/mother was due home and he had to hide it urgently.

Does this argue against a large house or one with a backyard or shed? An apartment, where concealing a tiny body even for a short time, is impossible? A workplace even?

Exactly how far did Alanna roam?

Also, I agree with many of you that do not understand the cavalier attitude of LE that this was an "isolated" incident and really no need to worry. WTH? You have to be kidding me.

The time of the crime seems strange to me. I have read reports that she was last seen at 4 or she was last seen at 5.

The houses appear to be very close there. People are coming home from work. Kids are out playing.

Then the timing of bringing the body. Early in the evening while it is still light out and people are all around.

Makes no sense.

It would be easy to grab a child, but that area seems so populated. It seems like it woukd be more of a luring, grooming situation, to me

Also, I agree with many of you that do not understand the cavalier attitude of LE that this was an "isolated" incident and really no need to worry. WTH? You have to be kidding me.

It is really unbelievable.

It would be great to see a case where the perp is in jail waiting to be charged for Alanna's death. Waiting for an additional test or two back. Arrested on some other crime.

Maybe awaiting her memorial/funeral to charge someone comes to mind also?

Wouldn't it be nice for just once, cryptic type statements from LE like to be on the look out for a red truck but no one is in danger, carry on...that one of the above would be the answer?

I'm thinking they know way more than they've indicated to the public.

:twocents:

I live in Tarrant co. I just got back in town and caught up on this horrible, heartbreaking case. I'm locking my doors and not taking any chances with my kids, this scares me to death.

I did call a tip in re: the red truck, it may be nothing but several times on trash day I have seen a red, older model truck with green and blue paint on it driving in my neighborhood. I last saw him the first week of June. I got a very good look at the driver as he was digging in my neighbors trash, I made direct eye contact with him and he just stared at me, no wave or smile. I just wish I could have seen his license plate

I live in Tarrant co. I just got back in town and caught up on this horrible, heartbreaking case. I'm locking my doors and not taking any chances with my kids, this scares me to death.

I did call a tip in re: the red truck, it may be nothing but several times on trash day I have seen a red, older model truck with green and blue paint on it driving in my neighborhood. I last saw him the first week of June. I got a very good look at the driver as he was digging in my neighbors trash, I made direct eye contact with him and he just stared at me, no wave or smile. I just wish I could have seen his license plate

interesting, maybe it's just someone looking for "leftovers" on trash day. what time does trash run near the scene?

The one place I thought looked like it was almost made for an abduction is a playground/park on Knowles. It's only a few blocks from her home. On one side, there are trees/tall shrubs that would block the view from the street and houses along the street. From what I can see, all of the houses that would be able to see the opposite side have privacy fences. MOO

We don't know if the red truck is an older model or a newer model. We don't even know what shade of red it is and is it a single cab or dual cab? I'm wondering if the people that saw this truck have a fairly good description of the driver?? That would help a lot.

In Texas, is it normal for people who don't know each other to wave? Where I live, we only wave at our neighbors (people who live on the same street) or if someone lets you go, you do the "thanks" wave.

ETA: Oops, I thought you meant you saw him while he was driving. But my question still stands about whether it's normal to wave at people you don't know.

I meant to post this earlier in one of my other posts BUT ... one thing that is bugging me A LOT is the fact that apparently neither of her siblings were out playing with her. I find that odd. I was one of four children all born within 2 years of each other and we were each others constant companions. Why was she the only child from this family out playing alone?? Makes no sense.

Yep! We have several trucks that come through on trash day to pick up "treasures" that people are throwing away. They take items that they might be able to repair...the neighbors all kind of expect them and set "better trash" to the side. Makes me a little nervous to think of someone going through our trash, but I don't mind them taking a beat up piece of furniture that I've replaced and goodwill won't take. You just never know though.

I meant to post this earlier in one of my other posts BUT ... one thing that is bugging me A LOT is the fact that apparently neither of her siblings were out playing with her. I find that odd. I was one of four children all born within 2 years of each other and we were each others constant companions. Why was she the only child from this family out playing alone?? Makes no sense.

Opinion/theory only: she seems to come from a very "bookish" family, and somehow I get the sense she liked being alone/outdoors a lot, hence the stories about her playing outside all the time. So I picture the rest of the family being inside/reading/on the computer while she's playing outside.

I could be projecting; I mostly liked playing alone as a kid and I spent a lot of time outdoors, up trees, etc.

Edit: I know these anecdotal stories never really convince anyone, but at 5 and 6, the neighbor kids and I were pretty much roaming the streets in packs without oversight. It was the 70s; my folks were on drugs but the neighbors were Mormons, and both sets of parents pretty much just whistled or yelled when it was time for us to come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie