720 users online (84 members and 636 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TX - Kaloni Carbin, 22 mos, Texas City, 6 July 2013

Texas City Police searching for missing 2-year-old

Police are searching for a 2-year-old girl who disappeared at a Texas City Park on Saturday evening.

Kaloni Carbin was last seen around 6:30 p.m. in the Carver Park area. Texas City Police Department Chief Robert Burby said the child was with relatives at a family reunion when she went missing.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...ld-4650822.php

Amber Alert issued for missing Texas City girl, 2

[snip]

Hundreds of people were out searching Saturday night, including family members, volunteers, police officers, firefighters, dive teams and K-9 units.

She is black and her hair is in braids with blue beads on the end. She has a dark complexion and is 2 1/2 feet tall, about 30 pounds and has black hair and brown eyes.

Police said Kaloni was last seen wearing a two-piece "Dora the Explorer" swimsuit. The swimsuit is blue and pink with yellow straps. She was also wearing pink loop earrings and no shoes.

More: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=9164312

http://www.amberalert.com/alerts/a35...8129cf31d6271/

NCMEC poster - http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

Looks like Kaloni won't actually be 2 until August 20.

So happy they issued an amber alert. What's the weather like there right now? Hopefully warm enough to be wandering around this late in a swim suit

ETA: looks to be about 82 degrees with a chance of thunder storms. Does that sound right?

Another tragedy - searchers found little Kaloni's body in a pond.
    ^I^ Rest in Peace, ^I^

http://www.galvestondailynews.com/fr...a4bcf6878.html
    Possibly the most ridiculous question ever asked by an attorney in court: "So if somebody's not alive you can't get any information from them?" JW

"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." -Macbeth

"Arias selling domestic violence t-shirts is like Casey Anthony selling shirts for missing children". -Mark Eiglarsh

Oh, no. I was hoping for a better ending. Sleep peacefully Kaloni. Prayers said for family and friends.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Breaks my heart. Rest in peace, poor little one.

The pond in the same park she disappeared from? Oh lord. Why did it take nearly 6 hours to find her????

Rest in peace, Kaloni.

EDIT: I read that as POOL instead of POND. Not seeing her in a pond makes more sense. Still tragic though.

Apparently it is a large pond as they were in the in the water for two hours before they found her.

"As police and volunteers combed the neighborhood, members of the Galveston Police Department's dive team searched a large pond that is in the park.
    Her body was found on the northwest side of the pond at about midnight after divers searched the pond for about two hours, Texas City Police Chief Robert Burby said."
    Possibly the most ridiculous question ever asked by an attorney in court: "So if somebody's not alive you can't get any information from them?" JW

"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." -Macbeth

"Arias selling domestic violence t-shirts is like Casey Anthony selling shirts for missing children". -Mark Eiglarsh

Prayers for Kaloni's family. They must be heartbroken.

Such a beautiful child, gone too soon.

fran

RIP sweet Kaloni. Such a tragic ending to what I'm sure was a wonderful day. Thoughts and prayers with her family.

My thoughts are with Kaloni's family.

Rest peacefully sweetheart.

floridamomma is offline "I've never let my school interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
    poor baby. ugh, so, so sad.

side note: i thought amber alerts had to have a description of a perp? am i wrong?

One time we were visiting my daughter and her family in Texas and they took us to a lake for a picnic and fun time. We hadn't seen our daughter and grandkids for some time and we were sitting by the lake chatting. Our 2 year old grandson was playing near us while we chatted. Then we heard a loud speaker tell everyone to clear the water because someone had thought they saw a child's body floating in the water. We looked for our grandson and he was nowhere to be found. We all panicked! Finally, we found him sitting at a picnic table having lunch with some strangers! They said he'd come over to their table and asked if he could have some food and so they fed him. Wow, did we learn a lesson that day. Don't take your eyes off the kids in a public park near a lake! He could have drowned or been kidnapped while we were chatting and didn't keep a close eye on him!

Quote Originally Posted by floridamomma View Post

side note: i thought amber alerts had to have a description of a perp? am i wrong?
    I haven't seen even a MENTION of an abduction in any press here. It all reads as a child wandering off from a family event and tragically falling into a pond, so I was also wondering about the Amber Alert.

But then again, Houston press is somewhat terrible...KHOU said the baby "goes by the name of Kaloni", like it was some sort of a criminal baby alias or she was a dog....

Quote Originally Posted by floridamomma View Post

I also there had to be confirmation of a vehicle involved for an amber alert to be issued? (googling)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast