1193 users online (216 members and 977 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

TX - Austin, WhtFem UP11410, 20-40, on lake shore, Jun'13 - Magda Warski

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/a...man-found-dead

Police seek help identfying woman found dead
    AUSTIN (KXAN) - Police need the public's help identifying a woman whose body was found June 25 along Lady Bird Lake near the Mexican American Cultural Center.

The woman had two distinct tattoos, one on each shoulder, police said. One of the tattoos featured the Marine Corps slogan, "Semper Fi." The tattoo on her other shoulder beared the message, "Fideli Certa Merces."

The woman was described as white, about 5-foot-2, 120 pounds with shoulder-length light brown hair. She was wearing blue jeans, a light blue jacket with a hood and zipper and low blck Doc Martin boots.

NamUs UP 11410

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11410

Unidentified White Female

Found June 25, 2013 at Lady Bird Lake, 600 River Street, Austin (Travis County) TX

Vital Statistics

* Height: 61" (5 feet 1 inch)
    * Weight: 120
    * Hair: Straight Long, Brown
    * Eyes: Brown/Hazel colored
    * Tattoos: A tattoo of “Semper Fi” and an eye and cross figure is on the left shoulder. A tattoo of “Fideli Certa Merces” and an eye and cross figure is on the right shoulder. There are no distinguishing scars.
    * Clothing: She was wearing two socks, jeans with a belt, a sports bra, jacket, two shirts

Condition of Remains
    * Est. Postmortem Interval: 1 day

Circumstances
    * Comments: On 6/25/13 at approximately 0838hrs, a kayaker on Lady Bird Lake found the decedent on the shoreline. No ID, vehicle, or other identifier was in the vicinity.

Identifiers
    * Dental: Available (will be entered later)
    * DNA: Available - Not yet submitted
    * Fingerprints: Available (Prints have been run through APD, AFIS, and FBI w/ no hits. Prints sent to latent w no hits and no hits via FBI manual comparison. )
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 08-22-2013 at 08:08 PM.

Well, "fideli certa merces" means "To the Faithful There is Just Reward"
    Unless I've provided a link, most of what I say is my own opinion. Sometimes, I'm thinking out loud and may explore avenues I don't necessarily think are true, but I'm always aware I could be wrong, so I check other stuff out.

Weird question:
    Do we know what color the shoelaces in her docs were? Can we find out? It may mean nothing, but there used to be, and may still be, in certain circles, coded meaning. And by "low doc boots" do they mean 1460s? Or 1461s (which I would consider shoes, but because they are docs someone might call them boots.)

http://www3.images.coolspotters.com/...ts-profile.jpg

vs

http://www.scorpionshoes.co.uk/amazo...61-BLACK01.jpg
    Unless I've provided a link, most of what I say is my own opinion. Sometimes, I'm thinking out loud and may explore avenues I don't necessarily think are true, but I'm always aware I could be wrong, so I check other stuff out.

Is that tattoo a gang-related symbol?
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

It's considered really bad form to have Marine tattoos and not be a Marine. But if she were, she'd have had a fingerprint hit, right? My next through was Marine widow, but I would think there would be some indication of a dedication of the tat. I guess she could be a Marine wife. Those are really bad tattoos. The left one is "ok" quality, the right one is terrible.

I'd like to suggest Kristen Hicks. Missing from Irving, TX and believed to be in Austin. Age 15 4'11" and 95 lbs. What strikes me is the widow's peak and the small mole under left eye. The eye color is concerning. I wonder if the deceased spent time underwater? Might that muddy her eye color?

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    Attached Images Attached Images
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

Here's a side by side
    Attached Images Attached Images
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

http://austin.ynn.com/content/top_st...774/apd-seeks-
    public-s-help-in-identifying-woman

Possible suicide so probable that the tattoo is a tribute to someone sges missing . Husband, dad,..

Rip lonely lady...

I'm confused by the clothing. Jeans, 2 shirts and a jacket in the JUNE HEAT in Texas?

Maybe she isn't local?

rosesfromangels is offline "The trilling wire in the blood / Sings below inveterate scars." - Eliot
    Quote Originally Posted by necco View Post
    It's considered really bad form to have Marine tattoos and not be a Marine. But if she were, she'd have had a fingerprint hit, right? My next through was Marine widow, but I would think there would be some indication of a dedication of the tat. I guess she could be a Marine wife. Those are really bad tattoos. The left one is "ok" quality, the right one is terrible.
    Or in honor of a brother or father? Or, she lost her marine and has gone to join him. RIP dear girl.
    Last edited by rosesfromangels; 07-07-2013 at 07:25 PM.
    My posts are opinion and speculation only, and may not be used for any purpose outside of this forum.

Is the cross with the eye also a Marine symbol? This symbol must have meant a lot to her since she had it on both arms.

Hannah, I've been searching on and off all day, I can find NOTHING that resembles her tattoos. It doesn't seem to be Marine related.

In addition to being viewed as a cross, it could be a compass or a four pointed star.

From: http://www.bullseyetattoos.com/artic...d-star-tattoos
    "Four Point Star, depicted as an equilateral cross with sharpened ends, was especially popular with various early Native American tribes. The star design appeared in their rock art, tipis, shields, clothing, robes, and pottery. People who choose the four point star tattoo tend to be trustworthy, practical, and down-to-earth individuals. They are the cornerstone members of society, who perform their duties with dedication and perseverance, and have the kind of will power that is often mistaken for sheer stubbornness. Once a decision is made, it will be followed through to the conclusion, right, wrong, or indifferent. "Four star tattoo" people are very set in their ways and determined to handle things the way they know they should be handled and their tenacity of purpose and ability to get the job done borders on obsession."

I have found things resembling the cross and the lightning bolts so far and I think with our group work we can figure out it. Different battle groups have different symbols. For example: my dad's old navy squadron had diamond shapes. There was the "hornet" attack group who had...hornets. Get it? Anyways, I was looking around. Do an image search. I am not sure but I think there has got to be a page somewhere. I think lightning bolts usually mean an attack group??? I will keep looking.

THIS ISN"T THE RIGHT FIGHTING GROUP! This is just an example:

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast