Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: TX - Austin, WhtFem UP11410, 20-40, "Fideli Certa Merces", Jun'13, Magda Warski

People were sooooo mean on that leatherneck forum T_T

2. The Following User Says Thank You to astridxx For This Useful Post:

I normally don’t comment on these situations but in this case I will.

First off, this is a tragedy. I feel very sad for Magda (Meghann) and her family. I hope they find peace and closure. I don’t know what happened, but this is what I can gather from Magda’s writing and her history on the web.

In her own words she was in the Marines from June-October 2009. She failed to qualify with an M16A2 service rifle (shooting) and received an honorable discharge.

But she also indicated her parents infuence has something to do with her discharge. They never wanted her to join in the first place. She indicated they had influence on her discharge.

After the service she worked various temp jobs. She applied for the San Antonio Fire Department. She posted to the leatherneck forum, never giving up on her dream to be a marine.

She was a phenomenal runner. In one race she finished top 5% overall in a half marathon less than 2 years ago. Other races she participated in are just as impressive.

It appears other members of the forum were giving her advice. She wanted to get back in the marines. It seemed it was THE goal she wanted in life. Fideli Certa Merces—to the faithful there is certain reward. It seemed as she was faithful to returning to the marines. She even wrote to a Congressman to get back in.

In her own words she stated:

“Becoming a Marine is a step above everything I know I could do and it's all I want to do so I'll fight for it”

Now some members of the forums called her out on the discharge situation. They said the only one she had to blame was herself. Perhaps this is true. I would not consider this mean, maybe more like tough love.

Her family is successful. Why would she turn her back on them to join the marines or even become a fire fighter. I believe she was head strong and wanted to do her own thing in life against the wishes of her family. Because of this she was estranged from her family.

In the end, she probably realized that even though she was faithful, she could not attain that certain reward.

This is my opinion only gathered from my own observation.

But what is certain is that this is tragedy.

I only hope Magda and her family find peace.

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to joeytes For This Useful Post:

I am much older than Magda. I think with age, comes understanding, that life has its ups and downs, successes and failures, and even though there are failures there will be successes. She never lived long enough to see that, and evidently her dream of being a Marine was unattainable, and even though she had other successes, that wasn't her main motivation in life. She got lost along the way, and unfortunately it was all or nothing.
    And she wasn't satisfied not being a Marine. That's sad. This case has made me very sad, and I pray that her family has peace. I know she has peace now......
    IMOO.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Treelights For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Treelights View Post
    I am much older than Magda. I think with age, comes understanding, that life has its ups and downs, successes and failures, and even though there are failures there will be successes. She never lived long enough to see that, and evidently her dream of being a Marine was unattainable, and even though she had other successes, that wasn't her main motivation in life. She got lost along the way, and unfortunately it was all or nothing.
    And she wasn't satisfied not being a Marine. That's sad. This case has made me very sad, and I pray that her family has peace. I know she has peace now......
    IMOO.
    So very true Treelights. I can think back on major disappointments I have had and thought the sky was falling. In reality, God had something so much better waiting for me around the bend. Sometimes having faith that God has a plan for us can be very hard. God bless this little girl, and may she find her place in heaven that she never found here on earth.
    My posts are opinion and speculation only.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rosesfromangels For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    It looks like she was from Finksburg Maryland a graduate of Westminster (MD) High School, Class of 2006, and she was into long-distance running.

Her DOB was listed as 8/8/88.
    That's my birthday! I celebrated it with family, so it's heartbreaking to think of Magda's family spending the day without her.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hannah1988 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hannah1988 View Post
    That's my birthday! I celebrated it with family, so it's heartbreaking to think of Magda's family spending the day without her.
    Maybe that is when they started worrying about her. I would go for awhile without chatting with my parents at that age, but they always made it a point to call me on my B'day.
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Houston Mom For This Useful Post:

Did anyone find a FB for her?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to EGirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by EGirl View Post
    Did anyone find a FB for her?
    I couldn't

new to websleuths

This poor girl. I live in Austin, and remember the story about the kayaker and the body with tattoos. At the time, I thought - biker girl probably, in with the ROT rally - and forgot about it. When they ID'ed her the other night, I saw it on the local news and googled her name, discovering websleuths in the process. Does anyone know if she ever lived in Austin?

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jf137 For This Useful Post:

There's another photo of Magda in this link, with article.

http://www.keyetv.com/news/features/...ed-11680.shtml

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Treelights For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jf137 View Post
    This poor girl. I live in Austin, and remember the story about the kayaker and the body with tattoos. At the time, I thought - biker girl probably, in with the ROT rally - and forgot about it. When they ID'ed her the other night, I saw it on the local news and googled her name, discovering websleuths in the process. Does anyone know if she ever lived in Austin?
    Welcome jf137.
    I don't know if the firefighters exam she took was in Austin.
    Maybe somebody else knows?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Treelights For This Useful Post:

San Antonio, I read somewhere on this thread. Would be interesting to know whether or not she was in Austin with the ROT rally. Seems a bit odd to leave home to kill yourself.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jf137 For This Useful Post:

San Antonio, I read somewhere on this thread. Would be interesting to know whether or not she was in Austin with the ROT rally. Seems a bit odd to leave home to kill yourself.
    SA and Austin are only about an hour or so apart. Austin has lakes. Maybe she just wanted to look out over the water.....
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Houston Mom For This Useful Post:

Austin has a river For lakes, you have to head up I-35 to at least eastern Kansas, but really Minnesota.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jf137 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Treelights View Post
    There's another photo of Magda in this link, with article.

http://www.keyetv.com/news/features/...ed-11680.shtml
    Ok in THAT pic she looks completely than the reconstruction/rendering. Not that it matters -- just thinking outloud.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to astridxx For This Useful Post:

Agreed. She looks a bit like someone that I saw swimming in the early morning hours at a place in Austin called Barton Springs earlier this summer. But she looks a bit like a lot of people, I suppose.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to jf137 For This Useful Post:

If you google her name, once you get through the initial pages about the ID of her remains, you'll find links to results pages of races she participated in. She finished with really good times. She was a very dedicated runner.

I have some things in common with Meghann- for example, I'm eastern European/Slavic on one side of my family. I'm also a distance runner (but my times aren't as good as Meghann's; although granted she's a bit younger than me and seems to have been running since high school).

Her case makes me sad. I know the Marines were her dream, but she probably could have been an amazing personal trainer or school track coach. Mental illness probably didn't let her see any possibilities past the Marines. I think, since she wasn't reported missing for so long, that she must not have had many or any close friends where she lived in Texas. She must have also been very lonely. I know what that can be like. I also wonder if she was unemployed- no one seemed to notice she wasn't showing up for a job & look into her whereabouts or report her missing. It sounds like Meghann was going through a really tough time in her life and mental illness wouldn't allow her to see anyway out of it besides suicide.

Rest in peace, Meghann. You are free from what plaqued your mind here on earth.
    "All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

Help Save the Next Girl. http://helpsavethenextgirl.com

Help Find Shane Fell. Http://helpfindshanefell.com

33. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ktgirl For This Useful Post:

What really makes me sad is that she was clearly missing for almost two months, a timeframe that included her birthday, and it seems that nobody filed a missing persons report. This speaks of a loneliness and isolation that is really profound. I just checked the Baltimore Sun, and there is still no death notice or obituary for her. Very sad story, this one.
    Last edited by jf137; 08-25-2013 at 03:16 PM.

35. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jf137 For This Useful Post:

What really makes me sad is that she was clearly missing for almost two months, a timeframe that included her birthday, and it seems that nobody filed a missing persons report. This speaks of a loneliness and isolation that is really profound. I just checked the Baltimore Sun, and there is still no death notice or obituary for her. Very sad story, this one.
    Very.
    "All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

Help Save the Next Girl. http://helpsavethenextgirl.com

Help Find Shane Fell. Http://helpfindshanefell.com

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ktgirl For This Useful Post:

Still no obituaries for this girl. This seems so strange and sad.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to jf137 For This Useful Post:

carbuff is offline ebook Bad Fairies available from Torridbooks.com, Amazon, B&N
    It's pretty common to not print an obituary for a person who commits suicide.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

41. The Following User Says Thank You to carbuff For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678