1047 users online (212 members and 835 guests)  

Websleuths News

Answer: Yes, according to the Vatican. Question: Is the Hulk Catholic?

Vatican asks: is the Hulk Catholic?
    The Vatican daily L'Osservatore Romano on Friday devoted a full page looking at the Catholic identity of popular comic book superheroes while questioning the religious affiliation of some of the most popular like Superman and Batman.
    ---
    The Vatican newspaper article was accompanied by two scenes from popular comic strips – Batman showing his alter-ego Bruce Wayne as a boy saying his prayers by his bed and the Hulk depicted with rosary beads in his hands.

"Is it enough for a person to have a rosary in his hand to be defined a Catholic?" wrote senior journalist Gaetano Vallini.

But Vallini said there was plenty of evidence to indicate the Hulk was a Catholic.
    ---
    more at the Telegraph link above

I once came across a list of comic characters and superheroes which gave the religion of each, and I think where/in what episode/issue the "proof" was found.

Ill see if I can dig it up, it was really interesting (for nerds like me, anyway lol).
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

O, that was easier than I thought it would be - here is the list!

http://www.adherents.com/lit/comics/..._religion.html
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenlady View Post
    O, that was easier than I thought it would be - here is the list!

http://www.adherents.com/lit/comics/..._religion.html
    That one proclaims Hulk a lapsed Catholic.

I think I fall somewhere between Little Mermaid (Lutheran-Atlantean) and Mastodon (raised Lutheran, now atheist). I guess that would make me "raised Lutheran-Atlantean, now agnostic."

"Stately Wayne Manor" alone suggests Batman to be high church Episcopalian, but I see he's lapsed as well.

These days I'm feeling like Thundra - a "Femizonian Female Supremicist".

Daily Mail found this one too good to pass up (of course) and peppered it with pics:

Is the Hulk Catholic? Vatican newspaper devotes page to the possible religious views of comic book heroes