1340 users online (289 members and 1051 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TX - Jennifer Eckenrode, 34, Waco, 2 July 2013

Jennifer Eckenrode
    34 yrs old
    white, female
    brown hair
    hazel eys
    145 lbs.

Jennifer was last seen at her home around 11 pm July 2nd. Her husband woke up at 3 am and saw she was no longer in the home.
    She was last seen wearing a Dallas Cowboys shirt with white shorts and black flip flops

http://www.kxxv.com/story/22785561/p...-missing-woman
    Possibly the most ridiculous question ever asked by an attorney in court: "So if somebody's not alive you can't get any information from them?" JW

"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." -Macbeth

"Arias selling domestic violence t-shirts is like Casey Anthony selling shirts for missing children". -Mark Eiglarsh

If she was last seen wearing shoes does that mean her husband went to bed and she was still up? Or was she out somewhere at 11 with him when he returned home to sleep?

I never like these stories of women disappearing into the night. Whether she did, or whether she didn't, there's always more to it. No children mentioned. Hope she needed a breather.

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

Just a Reminder...

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

I'm still not sure what I'm allowed to post regarding someone's FB....just when I think I get it, i find out I don't!

Hopefully this works....
    One can learn a lot about a person by looking at the "about" section of someone's profile, and looking at the pictures they post.
    A run-away may leave on purpose, but that doesn't mean that they are able to get back home.... Never stop searching.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieOakley View Post
    I'm still not sure what I'm allowed to post regarding someone's FB....just when I think I get it, i find out I don't!

Hopefully this works....
    One can learn a lot about a person by looking at the "about" section of someone's profile, and looking at the pictures they post.
    So looked and I am SO confused. I hope this young woman is safe somewhere.

What a sad cry for help her facebook page is.

It's also odd how common a name Jennifer Eckenrode is.
    Last edited by JeannaT; 07-16-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    What a sad cry for help her facebook page is.

It's also odd how common a name Jennifer Eckenrode is.
    I'm baffled as to what others are seeing in her FB page. It looks like she loaded all her photos in 2012 and then ignored it. The only possible clue I could see is maybe she went to Dallas?

And why has there been so little interest in this case? Does she have children? Some of the posts and photos make it seem like she does but there's no mention in the very brief articles about the PD seeking help in finding her.

Quote Originally Posted by radiator View Post
    I'm baffled as to what others are seeing in her FB page. It looks like she loaded all her photos in 2012 and then ignored it. The only possible clue I could see is maybe she went to Dallas?

And why has there been so little interest in this case? Does she have children? Some of the posts and photos make it seem like she does but there's no mention in the very brief articles about the PD seeking help in finding her.
    I think the one curious thing on her page is under "about" where she lists "interested in".
    Other than that, she seems to have regretted not continuing her dancing career....perhaps marriage and family cut it short?

Quote Originally Posted by bdawk20 View Post
    I think the one curious thing on her page is under "about" where she lists "interested in".
    Other than that, she seems to have regretted not continuing her dancing career....perhaps marriage and family cut it short?
    Yes, I noticed that and wondered. I did think it was possibly just naivete on her part as to what "interested in" meant. I hope this is a case of a "voluntary" missing and that's why there hasn't been much coverage.

Has she been found? I don't see any updates online. Also, no pleas from family, webpages set up, etc. Does anyone know what the status of this case is? It's so strange.

Tried to delete double post
    Last edited by MysteryMaven; 10-09-2013 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Double post

There has been zero updates on the case, which is weird to me. Her husband doesn't even acknowledge anything about it on his Facebook page.

Jennifer is not listed on NamUs or Doe or Charley, and I cannot find her on the Texas DPS list of missing persons. Cannot find any news articles after the initial ones immediately after her disappearance. I went to her FB page and checked the posts of about a dozen of her friends and could not find any mention of Jennifer being gone.

I'm thinking she is probably no longer missing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast