Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FL - Bryan Hayes, 13, & Mark Degner, 12, Jacksonville, 10 Feb 2005

It's A Heartache!

I'm devastated for these boys families. I would LOVE to believe that they are fine, and taken care of. BUT, reality screams this is WAY WRONG! I know, not that high of a reward fund, but these little boys are GONE!!!
    I can't even imagine the pain these parents are going through.
    THis evil is in our own backyards. The police wonder if it isn't a psycho/sexual perv abduction????
    THe facts say the boys need meds.????
    I'm wondering if they are still ALIVE!!
    To me, this should be all over the news.
    A little too late, but FIND THESE BOYS!!!
    I'm losing sleep.
    THIS SHOULD BE PRIORITY#1!!!!

Hugs & Prayers.......
    PLEASE FIND THESE BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!

Awhile back there were two bodies found in the California desert which could've been these children's. Does anyone know if they were ever identified?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliKid
    Awhile back there were two bodies found in the California desert which could've been these children's. Does anyone know if they were ever identified?
    Can you remember where out west? Even the state? Which desert? Approx date? Any thing more?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jmann
    This needs to be removed from this forum! These people are violent nuts prefering to live on the fringe, in trade for thier daughter.
    I am sorry, I just noticed your post. Welcome to WS.
    Can you give us more info? I take it you know the family, or have heard something about them? What do you mean they live on the fringe, in trade for their daughter? They are violent? Can you give us more of the history?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Why would they go south?

Why would these kids be going south along I-95? Granted these boys are challanged in ways, but the one of the boy's mother lived north of Jacksonville (I think Indiana or another state?). Wouldn't it make more sense if they were running away to head north along I-95 or even west along I-10, or even north along Highway 17 which is less busy and mostly consists of a two lane road through a majority of it? Why Daytona?

I do remember when this story first broke too, it was all over the news on t.v. and the newspapers here. It is sad that people lose interest over time, and the media choose to by pass them for more exciting stories.

In the slim chance these boys are still out there wandering around, I hope they will be found. Unfortunately, the more time that passes the less likely it will be a good outcome.

For the boys and their families

Please, Lord bring them home.

Please remember this story.

Someone knows something. No family contact, no money, food, etc. This is NOT right. I pray LE picks up something. I'm seriously thinking some pedophile is involved. There were just sooo many near the school, and those numbers were just the ones who were registered.

Montel Williams Show

The families recorded a segment on the boys October 21st. It was to air on October 28th. I hope some of you all got to catch it.

Still praying.

The worry never ends. Thinking of this duo, and dismayed, there is no, NO information for their families. Please, these detectives need to have a fire lit under them. These boys need to be found. As of now, there is NOTHING. NOTHING on this case. I'll never forget, or stop praying. Please. Keep the media on their a**e*!
    This should never, ever happen in our world.

I think about these boys every day and I still pray for them and thier families. I don't think that they could have masterminded thier own disappearance for this long. They might have initially made some bad decisions, but they are not intentionally still missing after all of this time. NO WAY! Someone knows something. No family contact, no money, food, etc. It's NOT right. They disappeared from school right? Have all of the school employees been checked out (ie. janitors, contractors, coaches, etc.)?

Where in the world are they??? This must be devistating for the families!! Its hard to imagine since there were two of them that noone has seen anything. Some sicko probably took advantage of these boy's vulnerbility!

Boy, it's close to a year since these boys disappeared. I wonder if it is even possible that they are still alive as it seems impossible that they could take care of themselves out in this horrible world. I just wonder if some pervert befriended them making them think he was their friend and wanted to help them.

Did their pictures ever get out so that people would know what they look like?
    Maybe if LE contacted Nancy she would do a segment on the boys. She did two full nights on Tara. It seems that she could take a few minutes and get the story of these two boys with pictures out there.

I can't imagine being in the shoes of these parents not knowing a thing. I feel so bad for them. I hope something breaks in this case....soon.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=51470
    Photo at link

It's been one year since two boys from Paxon Middle School disappeared from the First Coast.

Thirteen-year-olds Bryan Hayes and Mark Degner left school and have not been seen by their families since.

On the one year anniversary, their families and other families who are missing loved ones let go a sea of yellow balloons with the boys' names on them.

"We just want you to know, Mark and Bryan, we love you and want you home with us," says Linda Alligood, who is Mark's mother.

Police say the boys' pictures have been shown across the country and leads continue to come into the JSO from the East Coast to the West Coast.

The families made a passionate plea for anyone who may have their sons to return them and promised to never stop searching.

Last year, nearly 50,000 kids disappeared in Florida. A good share of that number was runaways.

If you have any information about the boys' whereabouts, call our partner, First Coast Crime Stoppers, at 1-866-845-TIPS. You will remain anonymous and could be eligible for a cash reward up to $1,000.

I was hoping there had been a break in the case when I saw the new posts. At least it sounds like the case is still active, they're still getting tips and following up.

Mark and Bryan have been added to Project Jason's Adopt a Missing Person program. Please consider helping reunite them with their families by wearing their photo buttons and sharing their story with others. For more details on how you can make a difference, please see:

http://www.projectjason.org/adopt.html
    http://www.projectjason.org
    Read our Voice for the Missing Blog
    http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/

BUMP

I'm wondering if anyone here knows more about the "developmental delay" that these boys are classified with. I was always under the impression that they were severely emotionally disturbed - but that is not considered a developmental delay. I have so many thoughts and theories about these two boys but much of it is speculation so I can't exactly share. Anyway, if anyone knows exactly what developmental delay the boys are diagnosed with or if the use of the statement was in error, I'd appreciate the info. Thanks.
    Rest in peace little Marcus.

Where is Jaycee Lee Dugard?

Thanks for bumping

I think of these boys daily, and pray they can be strong. I just don't know...given the time elapsed, and no real sightings...Then, I am not able to get the photo out of my head of those 3 boys tied up, and it makes me really wonder/hope they are still alive. And yes, the one boy is in need of medication...daily...
    Makes one think there really is an active child sex slave ring going on....just maybe....
    Dear God, please stop this insanity.
    Bring relief to these children, and their parents.
    Prayers for them, and theirs, everyday.
    Bryan and Mark, you are NOT forgotten!

I saw this title and thought maybe they had been found somehow. I can hardly believe there is no trace of either one of these boys. They just aren't that old to be self sufficient. This is one of those cases that does come to mind frequently that I do wonder about.

Yes the fact that they are developmentally disadvantaged makes it even more frightening that they may have wandered willingly into the clutches of a weirdo. Praying that these boys have not come to harm.

I wonder where in the heck they are..............

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief
    I wonder where in the heck they are..............
    Did the press just drop this like a hot potato? I haven't heard a word on these boys in forever. Is there anyone right there in the area who can call the local media and ask for an update, ask that they PLEASE bring these boys to the forefront of at least the local news again??

After all this time, I'm not sure how much hope there is that these youngsters are alive, but maybe, just maybe they can still be recovered.

Nothing...???!!!

I just can't imagine what has happened to these two, and what their parents must be feeling. Devastated, I'm sure. We're going on another Christmas here, with nada. I pray there is some renewed interest in this case. This should not be happening in the USA. Makes me want to do that implant thing to my own child. Has it really come to this? I guess so. GPS, cameras, internet lockouts. I remember when it wasn't like this. Now, it is absolutely essential for all citizens safety. (Cell phones, too. Aren't 911 calls free on cell phones, even if you are out of your zone?) This is one of the saddest stories I have ever heard about. No leads. Two YOUNG BOYS. How can this be? Someone KNOWS something. Really. I pray for them daily, as well as the families. I hope someone can at least print/relate an update. Until then...bumping for the boys.

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- It has been almost two years since Mark Degner and Bryan Hayes disappeared.

They were last seen walking away from Paxon Middle School.

But Mark's mom Linda Alligood says she is more hopeful than ever.

"You worry a lot more. It's been two years now, they can't take care of themselves, so someone must have them. Are they taking care of them like I would take care of them? It's scary," says Alligood.

But Alligood has new hope.

"There is hope, that they will be found," says Alligood.

She says seeing how missing teens Ben Ownby and Shawn Hornbeck were found in Missouri gives her that hope.

Her son Mark Degner and his friend Bryan Hayes both disappeared on February 10, 2005.

This week the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children released pictures of the boys showing what they might look like now two years older.

"I had a really big chill not seeing him face to face but to see a picture of him at that age, it's like he's gotten a lot thinner and taller," says Alligood.

She says as calls and tips about her missing son have slowed down and stopped it's been hard to stay optimistic.

But she says the Missouri case has now taught her not to give up

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/s...?storyid=73374

I've been thinking about two little guys as well since Ben and Shawn were found. Where are these boys????? Why aren't they getting any media attention?????

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...&storyid=75749

Been over two years and still no news...

26. The Following User Says Thank You to bykerladi For This Useful Post:

Kat

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast