GUILTY Australia - Jodie Fesus, 18, found in shallow grave, Mount Warrigal, NSW, 8 Aug 1997

I actually have a close friend who lived a couple of houses away from him for almost 10 yrs. She has told me a bit about the case and the suspicions surrounding him, verrrrry interesting. In a bit of a coincidence, my next door neighbour told me this afternoon that her father was a detective on the case way back when it first happened. He is now retired, but is very happy about this.

Oops, sorry!! I really need to start replying in a more timely fashion.

I'm not sure how they ended up so close if there's no link between their cases at all. It's really quite incredible. They were found a short distance apart in the bush at Gerroa in the Shoalhaven. Rachelle was just off the side of the road while Jodie was buried. When you think of all that bush & scrub - tens of thousands of hectares & all those miles & miles of highway & country roads, it's more than incredible but by all accounts it was just a freaky but legitimate coincidence.

I used to sneak read my Dad's Australian Police Journals as a little kid in the 70's/80's. Kim Barry's murder had an impact on me because of the awful circumstances when she was found & because it was so close to home. I remember as a kid, coming down Mt Cambewarra through Kangaroo Valley or Bulli Pass & looking down the drop offs out the car window & wondering how many more secrets that mass of jungly cliffs & gullies hid. I bet there's a lot - probably within a small radius of driver rest areas/lookouts or truck emergency brake fail roads.

IMG_0086.jpg
The NSW South Coast is a perfect dumping ground. The bush is semi-tropical & impenetrable in parts. It doesn't give up it's secrets easily. I don't doubt there's more out there.

483-NKV3756-South-Coast.jpg

Re suspects in Rachelle's case, I'm pretty sure the only link to Fesus was being found near Jodie at Gerroa. I was living in the same area as Rachelle when it happened. People were whispering the name "Milat" because she was last seen at Bargo Hotel, then it was the Rebels O.M.C. I think the P.O.I spread these stories though.

JUNE 19, 2014 :Accused wife killer Steven Frank Fesus quips ‘it’s a beautiful day, isn’t it’ as he walks free from court
Read more & Video: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...958847720?nk=d36b93149adacb115ee5a359fed92b29

wvxted.jpg

ACCUSED wife killer Steven Frank Fesus walked out of court saying “it’s a beautiful day, isn’t it”, as the devastated family of murdered mother Jodie Fesus watched him flaunt his freedom in horror.

Fesus, who was charged last year with killing his wife Jodie in 1997, was freed on bail earlier this week after controversial changes to the NSW Bail Act, which removes a presumption against bail for serious offences.

The 43-year old was denied bail twice under the old law but was the first accused murderer to be released under the new law.

Sept. 20, 2013: Court hears explosive details of Jodie Fesus investigation
http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...plosive-details-of-jodie-fesus-investigation/

Police had not yet formally identified the woman found in a shallow beachside grave near Gerroa when Steven Fesus allegedly called the morgue asking if he could see his wife Jodie’s body.

Among the strange questions he allegedly asked were whether the deceased had been strangled and, if he accidentally rolled on top of his wife in bed, would his fingerprints be on her neck.

Explosive details of the 17-year police investigation into Ms Fesus’s murder emerged in the Supreme Court yesterday when Mr Fesus applied for bail on murder charges.

Ms Fesus’s body was found a month after she disappeared from her home on the South Coast in 1997 but it wasn’t until July this year that detectives arrested Mr Fesus at a hotel in The Rocks, just one week after their daughter Kimberley, 18, had made a public appeal for information.

Thanks for all the updates, enzeder! :seeya: You are fabulous!

The poor daughter, after pushing for the police to reopen this case she now has another nightmare to contend with.
The accusation that her father was responsible. This would do your head in. JMOO

December 10, 2013: Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/steven-fe...-court-told-20131210-2z2xp.html#ixzz37R4M9Ww8

Steven Fesus is accused of murdering his wife Jodie, 18, by strangling her or delivering a fatal blow to her head at their home at Mount Warrigal near Wollongong shortly after they returned from their honeymoon on August 8, 1997.

They were together for a number of years before getting married.

Mrs Fesus' body, clad only in a nightie, was found a month later, buried in a grave at Seven Mile beach near Geroa.

Steven Fesus to stand trial for 1997 murder of his teenaged wife

Feb. 1, 2015, 4:31 p.m.

ILLAWARRA father Steven Fesus will stand trial in the Supreme Court over the 1997 death of his teenaged wife Jodie.

Fesus, a former bouncer and security guard, is accused of strangling his 18-year-old bride sometime on the night of August 8, 1997, after an argument at their Mount Warrigal home.

..................... snip ......................

Fesus will face arraignment on March 6.

read more .............. http://www.southcoastregister.com.a...d-trial-for-1997-murder-of-his-teenaged-wife/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back