763 users online (80 members and 683 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Australia - Tanilla Warrick-Deaves, 2, tortured, beaten to death, NSW, 27 Aug 2011

July 9, 2013

The stepmother of a toddler who died on the central coast says community services should "hang their heads in shame" because her family made 33 reports with concerns for the girl's welfare.

Two-year-old Tanilla Warrick-Deaves was found suffering several injuries in the early morning of August 27, 2011, at a house in Stonehaven Avenue, Watanobbi, and died in Wyong Hospital soon after.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/tanillas-t...#ixzz2YWp2DkaY

July 9, 2013

She was forced to run countless laps. Whipped with an extension cord. Made to stand for hours at a time.

And her mother failed to put a stop to the abuse.

The little girl was left unconscious in a pram in her NSW Central Coast home for nearly two days after she was allegedly badly beaten in the shower by a man who cannot be named for legal reasons and who is due to stand trial for murder later this year.

The man allegedly beat her up on several occasions, made the toddler stand unsupported for hours on end as punishment for soiling herself and constantly forced her to run laps of the lounge room, despite her suffering from bowed legs.

He whipped her with items including his belt, an extension cord, thongs, a broom and a hairbrush.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/latest/...lla-nsw-court/

I just don't have it in me to say anything about this right now, other than may the pair of so-and-so's responsible get what they deserve. And the miserable thing is, I truly doubt they will.

And DOHS needs to be -made- to take a good hard look at itself. Their conduct in this and countless other cases is beyond deplorable.

Poor baby girl. Rest in peace.

I would like to slap the smirk right off the mother's face! Imagine what Tanilla went through in her short life, let alone the agony she went through in her final hours.

Gosh I am so MAD!

Bumping for Tanilla.

I am having real trouble understanding how the Cherish Perrywinkle case gets thousands of outraged replies - and this one has a grand total of... three. I'm not sure I have seen a worse example of a mother handing her child to an abuser and doing absolutely nothing to help her, for a very long time.

Details of Tanilla's torture are revealed in court

"Deaves told the child's attacker who cannot be identified "you need to stop", but Tanilla's beaten body was starting to fail.

When Deaves realised her unconscious daughter was dying, she "kissed her", documents say.

She called police the following day by which time Tanilla had stopped breathing..."

<modsnip>

Tanilla's 'mother' beaming as she leaves court after pleading guilty to manslaughter:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-0...eaves-/4809546
    Last edited by marlywings; 07-10-2013 at 02:07 AM. Reason: removed facebook link

Quote Originally Posted by LJKaust View Post
    I would like to slap the smirk right off the mother's face! Imagine what Tanilla went through in her short life, let alone the agony she went through in her final hours.

Gosh I am so MAD!
    I hadn't heard about this case. WTH!
    What a horrible picture that is. It says 1,000 word - all of them I cant use here. It makes a mockery of Tanilla's short life. I hope this woman gets what she deserves.

Under what circumstances don't they name the other person? Name him! Where's the photo of them in the press?

Tanilla was better off dead, says Donna Deaves

Yeah that's a GREAT reason to let your child lie dying in a pram in unspeakable agony for TWO DAYS you POS.

I wonder why this case took -two years- to get to court?

eta

Quote Originally Posted by FigTree View Post
    Under what circumstances don't they name the other person? Name him! Where's the photo of them in the press?

Because he's currently in court, which means msm can't use his name. When the trial's done they'll name him.

justbeachy is offline "It's good to see me, isn't it? No need to respond; that was rhetorical."
    Omg. This is just horrible!!! And that photo....you have GOT to be kidding me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ausgirl View Post
    Tanilla was better off dead, says Donna Deaves

Yeah that's a GREAT reason to let your child lie dying in a pram in unspeakable agony for TWO DAYS you POS.

I wonder why this case took -two years- to get to court?

eta

Because he's currently in court, which means msm can't use his name. When the trial's done they'll name him.
    Thanks for the answer to my question.

The Medical Examiner said she could have survived!
    What have DOHS got to say about this.
    Last edited by FigTree; 07-09-2013 at 10:35 PM. Reason: remove repeat quote

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/video?vide...e-1d8a28b627e4

A Current Affair piece. So sad.. seems to be a rehash mainly of the original 2011 story (which is just shocking! OMG), very damning of DOHS (our version CPS) which basically ignored countless pleas for them to DO something...

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/video?vide...e-1d8a28b627e4

The #$%$@ case worker here needs to be charged as well!!!

omg what a POS 'mother' to stand there and DO NOTHING to help her precious baby!

and she's GRINNING as she leaves court?!

hope that grin gets wiped right off her face in prison

rest peacefully little Tanilla

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    and she's GRINNING as she leaves court?!
    hope that grin gets wiped right off her face in prison
    Oh I'm sure it will.
    Lets hope she gets a Lifetime in there to think about what she's done.

I hope so too, LadyL.

I am just seeing RED that DOHS allowed this to happen and two years later there's no mention of THEIR culpability in court.

Just gets me riled -- I once asked DOHS for help and support with some relatively minor family issues, and this spiralled into a nightmare I can't even talk about... We were basically victimised by the very people we asked for help - you would not believe the breaches of privacy and damage and stress they caused - and ofc, it was all thrown out and such, cased closed the moment we went to court, and no apology from them or anything for the 100% wrongdoing on their part. Omg, what a horrible experience. I'll NEVER ask them for help ever again!

And yet ---- more than 30 REPORTS get basically ignored in a very real and obvious case of horrific child abuse.

I could rant for a week about how sick the system is....
    Last edited by Ausgirl; 07-09-2013 at 10:59 PM.

god, i am in oz and this is the first time i heard about this poor little girl...
    DOCS has changed their policies regarding the reporting of children at risk after three major incidents with children at risk that, sadly, passed away. Teachers, doctors and nurses can now be de-registered if they fail to report any kind of abuse.
    Too late for this little one, hope the person in charge of her case is held responsible...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast