GUILTY Australia - Tanilla Warrick-Deaves, 2, tortured, beaten to death, NSW, 27 Aug 2011

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
July 9, 2013

The stepmother of a toddler who died on the central coast says community services should "hang their heads in shame" because her family made 33 reports with concerns for the girl's welfare.

Two-year-old Tanilla Warrick-Deaves was found suffering several injuries in the early morning of August 27, 2011, at a house in Stonehaven Avenue, Watanobbi, and died in Wyong Hospital soon after.

art-353-tanilla1-300x0.jpg

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/tanillas-...anslaughter-20130709-2pn7e.html#ixzz2YWp2DkaY

July 9, 2013

She was forced to run countless laps. Whipped with an extension cord. Made to stand for hours at a time.

And her mother failed to put a stop to the abuse.

The little girl was left unconscious in a pram in her NSW Central Coast home for nearly two days after she was allegedly badly beaten in the shower by a man who cannot be named for legal reasons and who is due to stand trial for murder later this year.

The man allegedly beat her up on several occasions, made the toddler stand unsupported for hours on end as punishment for soiling herself and constantly forced her to run laps of the lounge room, despite her suffering from bowed legs.

He whipped her with items including his belt, an extension cord, thongs, a broom and a hairbrush.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/latest/a/-/newshome/17924875/agonising-abuse-of-tiny-tanilla-nsw-court/

I just don't have it in me to say anything about this right now, other than may the pair of so-and-so's responsible get what they deserve. And the miserable thing is, I truly doubt they will.

And DOHS needs to be -made- to take a good hard look at itself. Their conduct in this and countless other cases is beyond deplorable.

Poor baby girl. Rest in peace.

I would like to slap the smirk right off the mother's face! Imagine what Tanilla went through in her short life, let alone the agony she went through in her final hours.

Gosh I am so MAD!

Bumping for Tanilla.

I am having real trouble understanding how the Cherish Perrywinkle case gets thousands of outraged replies - and this one has a grand total of... three. I'm not sure I have seen a worse example of a mother handing her child to an abuser and doing absolutely nothing to help her, for a very long time.

Details of Tanilla's torture are revealed in court

"Deaves told the child's attacker who cannot be identified "you need to stop", but Tanilla's beaten body was starting to fail.

When Deaves realised her unconscious daughter was dying, she "kissed her", documents say.

She called police the following day by which time Tanilla had stopped breathing..."

I would like to slap the smirk right off the mother's face! Imagine what Tanilla went through in her short life, let alone the agony she went through in her final hours.

Gosh I am so MAD!
I hadn't heard about this case. WTH!
What a horrible picture that is. It says 1,000 word - all of them I cant use here. It makes a mockery of Tanilla's short life. I hope this woman gets what she deserves.

Under what circumstances don't they name the other person? Name him! Where's the photo of them in the press?

:stormingmad:

Tanilla was better off dead, says Donna Deaves

Yeah that's a GREAT reason to let your child lie dying in a pram in unspeakable agony for TWO DAYS you .

I wonder why this case took -two years- to get to court?

eta

Under what circumstances don't they name the other person? Name him! Where's the photo of them in the press?

Because he's currently in court, which means msm can't use his name. When the trial's done they'll name him.

Omg. This is just horrible!!! And that photo....you have GOT to be kidding me!!!

Tanilla was better off dead, says Donna Deaves

Yeah that's a GREAT reason to let your child lie dying in a pram in unspeakable agony for TWO DAYS you .

I wonder why this case took -two years- to get to court?

eta

Because he's currently in court, which means msm can't use his name. When the trial's done they'll name him.

Thanks for the answer to my question.

The Medical Examiner said she could have survived!
What have DOHS got to say about this.

omg what a 'mother' to stand there and DO NOTHING to help her precious baby!

and she's GRINNING as she leaves court?!

hope that grin gets wiped right off her face in prison

rest peacefully little Tanilla

and she's GRINNING as she leaves court?!
hope that grin gets wiped right off her face in prison

Oh I'm sure it will.
Lets hope she gets a Lifetime in there to think about what she's done.

I hope so too, LadyL.

I am just seeing RED that DOHS allowed this to happen and two years later there's no mention of THEIR culpability in court.

Just gets me riled -- I once asked DOHS for help and support with some relatively minor family issues, and this spiralled into a nightmare I can't even talk about... We were basically victimised by the very people we asked for help - you would not believe the breaches of privacy and damage and stress they caused - and ofc, it was all thrown out and such, cased closed the moment we went to court, and no apology from them or anything for the 100% wrongdoing on their part. Omg, what a horrible experience. I'll NEVER ask them for help ever again!

And yet ---- more than 30 REPORTS get basically ignored in a very real and obvious case of horrific child abuse.

I could rant for a week about how sick the system is.... :stormingmad:

god, i am in oz and this is the first time i heard about this poor little girl...
DOCS has changed their policies regarding the reporting of children at risk after three major incidents with children at risk that, sadly, passed away. Teachers, doctors and nurses can now be de-registered if they fail to report any kind of abuse.
Too late for this little one, hope the person in charge of her case is held responsible...

OMG--how is that even possible?!!! That photo?!!

Statements from the 'mother':

According to the statement, when Deaves said she would call an ambulance, her boyfriend told her he would kill her, trash her house and blame her for the toddler's injuries.

Tanilla was then put into a double stroller, which was parked in Deaves' bedroom, where the girl stayed overnight and the next day, without regaining consciousness, the statement said.

After watching a movie the following night, Deaves woke up
and noticed Tanilla was not breathing and had vomited. She called triple-0 about 4am.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/mother-le...ights-court-20130709-2pnrq.html#ixzz2YbsDySjH

WTF'N F?!

She couldn't call 000 when her baby was ALIVE or find a way to escape the house and call police...

But she could relax in front of the TV and watch a movie while little Tanilla suffered from her horrific injuries, oh hey and she even was so relaxed she took a nap... and then felt just fine calling 000 once her baby was DEAD.

Deaves: "I'd come to the conclusion that she wasn't wakin' up so I sat with her that other night and at that stage, I didn't know what to do and I obviously thought I was going to be blamed."

.............. just. ........

Well, the monster who abused Tanilla to death is pleading not guilty, so that'll explain why the mother got charged with manslaughter and not murder.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-02-01/date-set-for-toddler-murder-trial/4495756

" Bungree Aboriginal Intensive Family Based Services (IFBS) Wyong working with the family after a referral by DOCS.

The service provides an intensive home-based program for families in crisis and at risk of having their children removed.

A DOCS report has revealed neighbours regularly heard screams of "don't hit us anymore" and complained directly to DOCS about the abuse. Neighbours also claimed to witness the parents using drugs, the report said.

Family Services Minister Pru Goward has admitted there was a "misjudgment" made by the department in dealing with Tanilla"

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ocs-report-finds/story-e6freuzi-1226128505823

And just for kicks, here's a very long list of cases in which DOCS has contributed to the harm of a child and/or family

It's good to know a few changes have made -- mind you, with the onus on teachers and doctors rather than DOCS workers.. -- but I think DOCS and DOHS themselves need a total overhaul before more kids die.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back