CA CA - Westlake Village, HispFem 18-30, UP11249, pregnant, in parking lot, Jul'80

Jubble

Reaction score
I searched and was not able find a thread for this Jane Doe. A sketch was released last month.

http://www.toacorn.com/news/2013-06..._seek_information_on_30yearold_cold_case.html
Sometime in the early morning hours of June 18, 1980, or in the late night hours of the day before, the body of a young, pregnant woman was dumped in the upper parking lot of Westlake High School.

The woman, who looked to be in her late teens or early 20s, wearing a white, short-sleeved top and red corduroy pants, appeared to have been stabbed to death and her body left on the school grounds.

Doe Network:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1020ufca.html

Unidentified White/Hispanic Female

The victim was discovered on July 18, 1980 in Westlake Village, Ventura County, California
Estimated Date of Death: 12 hours prior

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 19-20 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2-5'3"; 110-120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair; brown eyes. 5 months pregnant.
Distinguishing Marks: Scar on right buttock. Mole on right hand; scar on left knee.
Clothing: White blouse; black bra; red slacks; black platform shoes.
Fingerprints: Available
Dentals: Available. 24-25 mesial lingual rotation.

Case History
In July 1980, a Westlake High School employee found the body of a pregnant woman in the parking lot of the school.
The woman, who had been stabbed to death about 12 hours before, was never identified. Police took the woman's fingerprints, but there were no records available to compare the prints with. Possibly Mexican.

Attachments

• Weslakedoe.jpg
    Weslakedoe.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 219
Karen Dean Evan maybe?
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/17535/3/
http://doenetwork.org/cases/1185dfak.html

Karen Dean Evan
Missing since May 14, 1980 from Anchorage, Alaska.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: January 9, 1962
Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2"; 125 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Native female. Brown hair; brown eyes.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Karen Evan was last heard from in May of 1980 in Anchorage, Alaska. Karen spoke with family members several times a week and was looking forward to a visit from a sister living in Canada.

I searched and was not able find a thread for this Jane Doe. A sketch was released last month.

http://www.toacorn.com/news/2013-06..._seek_information_on_30yearold_cold_case.html

Doe Network:
http://doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase859.html

Unidentified White/Hispanic Female

The victim was discovered on July 18, 1980 in Malibu, Ventura County, California
Estimated Date of Death: 12 hours prior

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 19-20 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2-5'3"; 110-120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair; brown eyes. 5 months pregnant.
Distinguishing Marks: Scar on right buttock. Mole on right hand; scar on left knee.
Clothing: White blouse; black bra; red slacks; black platform shoes.
Fingerprints: Available
Dentals: Available. 24-25 mesial lingual rotation.

Case History
In July 1980, a Westlake High School employee found the body of a pregnant woman in the parking lot of the school.
The woman, who had been stabbed to death about 12 hours before, was never identified. Police took the woman's fingerprints, but there were no records available to compare the prints with. Possibly Mexican.

I am glad to see they corrected the location in NamUs. Because she was not found in Malibu. Westlake High School is NOT in Malibu. It is in Westlake Village, Ca. Westlake High is less than a mile from my house and unfortunately, it is not in Malibu.

Address: 100 Lakeview Canyon Rd, Westlake Village, CA 91362
District: Conejo Valley Unified School District
Phone: (805) 497-6711
Founded: 1978

It would have been pretty remote in 1980 though. This was a very rural place back then. Malibu is only about 14 miles due West so maybe it seemed like the closest big town back then.

There were a lot of farms and ranches in this area back in the 70's and 80's. Maybe this girl was from a local farm working family. Lakeview Canyon and Thousand Oaks Blvd are the two cross streets of the high school campus.
If you continue North on either Lakeview or Westlake, you will end up in farming country. [ Not anymore, but back then, yes.] It takes you to MoorPark and Simi Valley areas. Lots of farms and ranches all around.

The 'upper parking lot' is on LakeView Canyon. If you follow it up further it is very hilly and has remote canyons. Now it is full of mansions and gated communities. But 20 and 30 yrs ago it was farmland and ranches and quiet and private.

I just talked to my neighbor---she was a student at Westlake High when that body was found in the parking lot. She said the police talked to the students and showed them a drawing of her face to see if anyone knew or recognized her. No one seemed to know her. But she said there were rumors that she was from the Simi/Moorpark area, which is due East of the campus, through the hills. Rumors were that her boyfriend did not want a baby because he was going to college.

But these are 25 yr old rumors and I don't think anything ever came from them.

oh oh , discrepancy in dates found:

from Acorn newspaper:

Sometime in the early morning hours of June 18, 1980, or in the late night hours of the day before, the body of a young, pregnant woman was dumped in the upper parking lot of Westlake High School.

and from ---from NamUs:

Date found
July 18, 1980 00:00

Here's my new reconstruction for Westlake Village Jane.

ae47a079-0503-4ad3-b056-44d544578f05.jpg

Photos Released in Effort to ID Victims in 1980 Cold Case (Warning: Graphic Images)
Posted 12:50 PM, September 30, 2015, by Tracy Bloom and Steve Kuzj

The Ventura County Sheriff's Office renewed its plea for the public's help in identifying two women who were killed in 1980 on Wednesday, when the victims' suspected killer was arrested.

Wilson Chouest, 63, was arrested on suspicion of murder after DNA evidence linked him to the two female victims, the Sheriff's Office stated in a news release.

At the time he was identified as a suspect, Chouest was serving a life sentence in state prison for the kidnap, robbery and rape of one female victim, and for kidnapping and robbing another woman, the release stated. The crimes occurred in Tulare County in August and September of 1980.

In addition to announcing the cold case arrest, Ventura County authorities released photos and descriptions of the two deceased female victims in an effort to identify them.

Related thread

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-UP11249-19-20-Pregnant-HS-Parking-Lot-Jul-80

Could her baby's DNA be tested to see if Chouest was the father, or was DNA not taken? I'm wondering if this is a Jaycee Dugard-type scenario.

I feel terribly for this poor beautiful woman and her unborn child. And someone in their late 30s-earlier 40s has to be wondering what happened to her mother...terrible

Not necessarily. She might just have a lot of routine fillings. We had a lot more cavities back before routine flouridization...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back