1243 users online (205 members and 1038 guests)  

Websleuths News

Arrow 3 y/o in car then run over by SUV (left running by mom who exited)

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. —An Albuquerque woman is facing child abuse charges after police said she stopped at McDonald’s on the way to the hospital even though her son had just been run over by a car.

Read more: http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/albuquerque/mom-took-injured-toddler-to-mcdonalds-before-hospital-police-say/-/9153728/20901176/-/msjnyiz/-/index.html#ixzz2YaC0kGpu (pub. date July 9 re event of July 4)
    Story & video at link.

Mom's other son, 10 yr old, was also left in car in driveway, while Mom ran inside house for "about five minutes."
    3 y/o "somehow" got out of his car seat and the car, which rolled backward over him and did not stop until it hit a fence.

The boy's grandmother (candidate for G'ma of the Year???) said mom "wanted to calm him down, because he was real scared. She didn't think it was that serious."

Oh, well, Mom didn't think it was that serious!

Ford Explorer = 4100 to 4500 pounds (depends on yr)
    3 yr old boy = 24 to 39 pounds (just a range)

I see -- 'Doctor Mom' thought a Happy Meal would fix him right up?
    [now turning off sarc]

ETA: I just watched video & (think) reporter said Mom waited at house 30 min. before taking him to McD's. Then to urgent care center.
    ETA #2: Mom first told med. personnel, then LE that the boy fell off his bike.
    Last edited by al66pine; 07-09-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Either that mother has no common sense or she was afraid the police/hospital were going to blame her for the accident. Or she had something else to hide. Anyway, she is in trouble now and I hope the little boy is going to be OK. Did it say anywhere how the boy is doing?

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    Either that mother has no common sense or she was afraid the police/hospital were going to blame her for the accident. Or she had something else to hide. Anyway, she is in trouble now and I hope the little boy is going to be OK. Did it say anywhere how the boy is doing?

I saw story in hardcopy Albuquerque Journal & used info from that in my post above (but cannot link, DK why).
    Boy, sent in ambulance from urgent care center to hospital, was kept there overnight.

Indifferent momster needs to have her child rearing methods assessed before she ever gets within touching distance of her children again.

According to the criminal complaint, the toddler’s injuries were severe and he was bleeding from the head, right arm and right leg.

At last check, Austin remains at the Bernalillo County Metropolitan Detention Center.

Read more: http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/...#ixzz2YcM5gHhg

Unfreakinbeleivable!! Even if the kid wasn't bleeding, you still rush him to the hospital!